Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
and why using scabs to write season 2 is probably its death knell. rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lady Radia posted:

andor isn't star wars, that's what's good about it

this is what i mean when i say that the people who still like star wars seem to not actually like the star wars part of star wars and just wish they were watching other sci fi stuff

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Alaois posted:

this is what i mean when i say that the people who still like star wars seem to not actually like the star wars part of star wars and just wish they were watching other sci fi stuff

that's true, but it's like. completely impossible to tell folks and fix them out of it. if you've come up with a cure i can stab into their necks i would appreciate it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arc Hammer posted:

poo poo talking bad stuff is also fun and good.

I don’t like it It makes me feel frustrated because having those arguments is so circular and boring . I won’t even poo poo talk the prequels any more even though I don’t like them

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol at the guy taking a centrist role on the horny alyx mod, fun vid tho especially when he's mad the mod changed one single piece of music to generic movie orchestra stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi1P1GLrK5M

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Waiting for Star wars 14 where the series becomes so bad it's good and I can talk about it on that wavelength until then I'll just stick with fast and furious, Expendables, john wick etc when I want to have fun talking about bad media

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grondoth posted:

The rise of skywalker making everyone realize that that whole trilogy was a stupid waste of time nobody should've gotten emotionally invested in was astounding to watch. All enthusiasm... vanished. Gone. It felt so all consuming, a loving all out war everywhere over how good/bad/woke the second movie was and what the third movie was gonna be and then rather than ending in a giant shitshow it's like we all looked at it and went "well that was stupid, huh" and the legacy of the star wars sequels is "somehow, Palpatine has returned." I don't think I can think of anything quite like it.
I grew up watching the original trilogy in the early 80s and by the 90s I was regularly attending Star Wars fanclub meetings (in person in an actual building, this was before the internet) and going to Star Wars conventions and we were all so goddamned excited for The Phantom Menace and then it came out and I went "Oh, the new Star Wars isn't for me" and drifted away from the fandom. I got rugpulled by Star Wars nearly a quarter of a century ago

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Luckily Rebel Moon has saved the space opera

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'll wait for the Snyder Cut lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Rebel moon a child on fire is such a strange title

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Prequel to Man on Fire, they cut the Denzel cameo but it'll be in the Snyder Cut

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

*1000% of brain power* more like the snyder cuck lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

bird. posted:

Waiting for Star wars 14 where the series becomes so bad it's good and I can talk about it on that wavelength until then I'll just stick with fast and furious, Expendables, john wick etc when I want to have fun talking about bad media

this is immaculate bait but im curious: are fast and furious and expendables that good? i know you mean that bad they're that good, but still.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Honestly what killed my love for Star Wars is just the whole franchise and fanbase is so toxic and bitter that it’s not even fun to talk about any more. I don’t want to hear how bad the last Jedi is any more. I’m over talking about it lol. It makes me mad and uncomfortable and that’s what every Star Wars convo seems to lead into.

No one talks about the movies they like or the OT any more. It’s just how X ruined the franchise and how it’s all bad.

No bitch you ruined it. Stfu
star wars fans are bad but im still gonna blame disney tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

this is immaculate bait but im curious: are fast and furious and expendables that good? i know you mean that bad they're that good, but still.

fast and furious owns. stupid action movies with characters who mostly manage to be likeable and have arcs from movie to movie

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Lady Radia posted:

In the most recent Expendables one of the stock adobe premiere fire effects came in front of a leg it was supposed to be behind, I was playing commander at the time and wasn't giving full attention to everything but there was considerable schadenfreude laughter through the whole thing

As for fast and furious, I think Patrick (H) willems has a couple gushing 30+ minute essays about why he loves them

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj9WIe5TEm8

bird. fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 30, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Expendables 4 is very poor quality.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I think fast 4 or 5 where they have the vault theft was when the series became a superhero but cars movie and they have been escalating since. They are very dumb fun entertainment and actually good

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lady Radia posted:

Fast and furious starts as a Point Break for car bros but the criminals are just stealing DVD players and then the sequels scale up the crime until the newest ones are James Bond but stupid (Complementary). They whip. Vin Diesel earthbends a man to defeat in one movie.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Fast and furious starts as a Point Break for car bros but the criminals are just stealing DVD players and then the sequels scale up the crime until the newest ones are James Bond but stupid (Complementary). They whip. Vin Diesel earthbends a man to defeat in one movie.

is that the "the street always wins" one

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lady Radia posted:

andor isn't star wars, that's what's good about it

Andor comes from the version of Star Wars where Tarkin is the main villain of ANH.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Terrible Opinions posted:

Didn't they do the same thing to one of the Vinesauce people?

Yes, they went after Vinny. However as my brother brought up to me at the time, "It helps that they were stupid enough to craft a "smoking gun" email sent during a block of time where Vinny was clearly streaming. Like come the gently caress on". It was a very incompement attempt at character assassination and content creators like Mandalore realized they were being played.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Endorph posted:

I mean yeah. I don’t disagree. And I have no loyalty to the brand of Disney. I’m just a fan of Rian Johnson and his work and it was real weird having him be in the center of this global wide fandom meltdown

For the record I don’t like anything Disney’s been doing with the franchise pretty much since Mando 2. Andor being the only exception.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ghostlight posted:

when the text crawl says "the dead speak! the galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of revenge in the sinister voice of the late emperor palpatine" it is referring to the star wars live event held in fortnite (at ~11m) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNLyly-ft74&t=670s

What the goddamn gently caress

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

its canon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
palpatine was talking poo poo on fortnite he was flaming everyone and calling them slurs and thats how they knew he came back to life he's a gamer

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

palpatine was talking poo poo on fortnite he was flaming everyone and calling them slurs and thats how they knew he came back to life he's a gamer

OK Star Wars is officially good again

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They heavily promoted a mandalorian episode stating that it was necessary watching before the movie, it would transpire baby yoda healed someone with the force in that show which would explain why rey could do that (it's likely the force healing power was forced onto the TV show because there was no precedence for it, and they realised people could nerd rage over why rey could do it)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Saddest Rhino posted:

(it's likely the force healing power was forced onto the TV show because there was no precedence for it, and they realised people could nerd rage over why rey could do it)
wow, looks like someone never heard the tragedy of darth plagueis the wise

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Lol, there's no way that is a real character (1 minute later) what the gently caress

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
darth icky

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Mr.Radar posted:

Sean Munger, who makes high quality long-form history videos, recently put out a two-hour banger on poop (and specifically how to get rid of it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyHbzXC2IV8

High quality YouTube poop essay.... Poop YouTube essay... Poop essay on YouTube...? Whatever, I went to his website to figure out who he was and always glad to have another published expert in my feed.

Sean munger good

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Violen posted:

darth icky

The best thing about Darth Icky is it is genuinely impossible to know if George Lucas suggest this so the Force Unleashed developers would leave him alone or if he thought it was a good idea.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Even worse, they were stealing VCRs :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnM8rVqr0XY

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

Endorph posted:

fandom in general is toxic as poo poo. there's so much gatekeeping with how stuff like fanfiction and comics gets mercilessly shat on for even existing

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Luckily Rebel Moon has saved the space opera
https://x.com/commentiquette/status/1740837580017697234?s=20

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lol

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

That man also gets invited to the barbecue in the next movie despite being introduced (apparently) killing a member of Vin's crew. Fast and Furious is live-action anime.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Andor comes from the version of Star Wars where Tarkin is the main villain of ANH.

Oh hell yeah. Maybe I should watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The secret behind Palpatine’s resurrection: gamers don’t die, they respawn.