Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

hawowanlawow posted:

all the noise and seedy low class riff raff charging their EVs by my house, I won't have it

He 100% thought blocking EV charging was a genius way of owning the libs until he jumped on the Elon worship bandwagon for the same reason, and it bit him hard in the rear end. These guys are experts at self-ownage, and it never stops being funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It was but it was at least a week or two ago so I'm not going to Tuesday someone over that. Especially when not many people noticed. Besides, it's the holidays and my building was on fire this past Monday, so I'm feeling charitable.

Santa forgot to put out his pipe, and burnt down your house? I guess we know which list you were on.

Completely unrelated question:

The stories of "my husband/boyfriend thinks it's wrong/effeminate/etc. to wipe his arse or shower or brush his teeth and so on stories always tend to be Hetero couples with the woman complaining.

Where are the filthy slovenly unhygenic gay blokes? You're letting the team down.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pirate Radar posted:

(FL) Local social services organization will not leave me alone.

[UPDATE] (FL) Local social services organization will not leave me alone.

I was following along fine until "luckily she was a traveler so she’s long gone now." What does that mean in Florida?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Santa forgot to put out his pipe, and burnt down your house? I guess we know which list you were on.

The stories of "my husband/boyfriend thinks it's wrong/effeminate/etc. to wipe his arse or shower or brush his teeth and so on stories always tend to be Hetero couples with the woman complaining.

Where are the filthy slovenly unhygenic gay blokes? You're letting the team down.

You mean, where are the guys saying, “yes I’m exclusively homosexual, but I don’t wipe my rear end because that would be gay”?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Bruceski posted:

I was following along fine until "luckily she was a traveler so she’s long gone now." What does that mean in Florida?

Could be working in health care. "Travel" nurses are people who take on lucrative but temporary contracts. For example if a hospital has a nurse that is going to be out on maternity/paternity leave they might hire a travel nurse to cover for that extended absence (after trying their damndest to force the other nurses to take on the work to avoid having to pay anyone else).

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

As a gay guy who agrees that washing your rear end makes you gay I am very diligent about it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Haha, a bunch of people lost everything they own including their homes in a fire on Christmas morning.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shifty Pony posted:

Could be working in health care. "Travel" nurses are people who take on lucrative but temporary contracts. For example if a hospital has a nurse that is going to be out on maternity/paternity leave they might hire a travel nurse to cover for that extended absence (after trying their damndest to force the other nurses to take on the work to avoid having to pay anyone else).

Ah, that sort of thing (in health care or not) would make sense. I instinctively parsed it as a slur.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

Someone empty quote the (not pillow) post from the thread title I can't find it

There's a post that collects thread change titles on the first page. That should have been linked in the OP awhile ago.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bruceski posted:

Ah, that sort of thing (in health care or not) would make sense. I instinctively parsed it as a slur.

The other possibility is that she's one of those people who comes down to Florida for the winter then goes back up north when the snow melts. We normally call such people 'snowbirds,' but I could see a poster calling such a person a traveler or traveling person rather than explaining what a snowbird is.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jumped in the river, what did I see?

Black out Angel swimming with me.....

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hold the awards show, last minute Parent Of The Year contender coming in!

AITA for thinking that my daughter spitting on her sisters food is just normal sibling stuff?

This kinda reminds me how I gave my daughters a bowl of strawberries to share and my younger daughter got to the bowl first and managed to lick every single strawberry since her older sister would refuse to eat them.

Of course, they were both under six at the time.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

He 100% thought blocking EV charging was a genius way of owning the libs until he jumped on the Elon worship bandwagon for the same reason, and it bit him hard in the rear end. These guys are experts at self-ownage, and it never stops being funny.

Hes in the UK so probs just a nimby

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ah, that also explains why he thinks three meters is a long distance. almost an overnight trip, that is

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

ghost emoji posted:

AITA for Cursing Out a Bath and Body Works Employee? (self.AmItheAsshole)

and another thing: im not Karen. please dont put in the reddit that i went Karen.

I love the combination of shopping for an extremely dainty item but also being absolutely willing to bring down the hand of God if they don’t have your goddamn motherfucking winter white candle sticks!!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i want her to take it to small claims court and have the judge put a dollar value on exactly how much damage she suffered in not being able to get the candle she wanted.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Presumably gay men have standards and enforce them.

Alternatively, all the unhygienic gay blokes date other unhygienic gay blokes?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for having sex in my own house?

quote:

I feel like there’s no way I’m wrong on this one, but you guys tell me.

So a couple weeks ago my friend Jay (26f) called me asking to stay with me. She’d been staying with her mom while she was in town for a few weeks (she lives in NC but is on medical leave ) and they got into a fight. I told her yes of course, she can stay as long as she needs. In the course of her being here her and her boyfriend broke up, and according to her the relationship was the last thing keeping her in NC. So she’s decided to stay in the state and find employment/housing. I wasn’t expecting to be housing and feeding her indefinitely with little to no financial support, but I wasn’t about to put her on the streets.

The issue is; I recently got into a relationship with Kam (25m). We’ve been toying around with the idea for a year in the FWB stage, and he formally asked me out last week. So of course we’ve been very much in the honeymoon stage. We aren’t egregious with PDA, but I’ll admit there’s alot of giggling and hand holding, showing affection we didn’t before. But we still converse normally, and don’t leave Jay out. But this is apparently BOTHERING Jay. She’ll huff around the apartment, lock my bedroom door when he’s here, and generally just be kinda bitchy. Anytime I bring him up, she’s cold and disinterested.

The main issue came about an hour ago. Kam was over hanging out, one thing led to another and we ended up having a quickie on the couch. Jay texted me after, angry as hell and saying I was disrespectful??? For having sex with her in the other room. I’ll admit some pent up anger from walking around on eggshells caused me to explode a bit. I asked her how the hell having sex in my own house was disrespectful. We did our best to keep it down and make it quick. Her argument was #1 that we did it in the living room, and #2 while she was awake. I told her it wouldn’t have been in the living room if she didn’t lock herself in MY bedroom, which is where people USUALLY have sex. And it’s my damned house, I’ll gently caress on the kitchen counters if I like. She accused me of being a “dictator of the house just like our parents”, said I was being a lovely friend, and stormed back into the room.

So you guys tell me. Am I being the rear end in a top hat here?

try the counter thing next, maybe

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Gee I wonder why her mom kicked her out.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Bruceski posted:

I just assumed she was an Irish Traveler.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
-Rolls Potential Reason dice-
Jay has a crush on OP and was hoping that living together with them would lead to things happening, Rom-Com style. Now Kam is clam-jamming her (or whatever the female equivalent of cock-blocking is) and she's pissed off at the perceived intrusion.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 30, 2023

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Malachite_Dragon posted:

-Rolls Potential Reason dice-
Jay has a crush on OP and was hoping that living together with them would lead to things happening, Rom-Com style. Now Kam is clam-jamming her (or whatever the female equivalent of cock-blocking is) and she's pissed off at the perceived intrusion.

it's clam-jamming now

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for having sex in my own house?

OP hasn’t explained yet why her friend was in her bedroom. Like whether she had her own room to stay in, if she happened to get trapped on that side of the living room, etc.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quote:

She’ll huff around the apartment, lock my bedroom door when he’s here, and generally just be kinda bitchy.

she locks herself in there when the bf comes over. maybe it's the only room with a lock? maybe she thinks they can't gently caress if she's occupying the bedroom? who knows

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

kimbo305 posted:

OP hasn’t explained yet why her friend was in her bedroom. Like whether she had her own room to stay in, if she happened to get trapped on that side of the living room, etc.

I was reading OP as male, do they mention their gender in the comments?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Guardian article about the movement of women turning to social media to find out if their dates are cheating

quote:

Sarah* met Max* for their first date at a cocktail bar on a cool spring evening. They had matched online, talked about TV shows and movies, and he picked the place and time.

He was tall, smart, good looking in an understated way. Sarah thought a second date might be on the cards.

Then she felt a tap on her shoulder.

“There’s a tall, striking looking blond woman standing there. My first thought is she’s front of house coming to tell me the kitchen was closing,” Sarah says.

She was not.

“She basically said something like: ‘Look, sorry to interrupt your event, but the guy opposite you … I was dating him until recently … and while I was dating him he was also in a relationship with somebody else.’”

Sarah says she was almost in shock, going from the strange intimacy of a date to this heightened, dramatic confrontation.

“Then she said: ‘Hi Max, and good luck,’” Sarah says.

“And she turned around and vanished.”

Let’s call that striking blond woman Annabel.

Annabel had been seeing Max for about three months but broke it off. She’d had suspicions about one of his Facebook friends, and messaged the friend.

“I’d been right on the money. She was devastated. She was six months in,” Annabel says.

Fast forward to that cool spring evening. Annabel had met a friend for a drink nearby.

“I saw [the bar] and inwardly cringed, remembering that’s where Max had taken me on a first date,” she says. “Then, as if conjured from my mind, there sat Max, at the same table where we’d sat. And he wasn’t alone.”

Annabel says she felt a “sense of civic duty” along with “a touch of righteousness” as she approached Sarah and Max, and turned the date on its head.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Runcible Cat posted:

I was reading OP as male, do they mention their gender in the comments?

in comments on other posts, yeah. OP is a woman

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

blatman posted:

dancing and drunkenly making out with people owns actually

And yet I get held in contempt of court for doing that when fighting a traffic ticket

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Foo Diddley posted:

it's clam-jamming now

Come on and CLAM and welcome to the JAM

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Come on and CLAM and welcome to the JAM

Clam jam DVD, Clam jam DVD, Clam jam DVD, Clam jam DVD, Clam jam DVD, Clam jam DVD, Clam jam DVD, Clam jam DVD, Clam jam DVD,

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Born on a mountain,
Raised in a cave,
Kam's Clam Jam is all that I crave.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Whoa Black Betty
Jam a clam

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

GRAND SLAM CLAM JAM

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Clam jam thank you ma’am

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Pump up the clam, pump it up
While your feet are stompin'
And the jam is pumpin'

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Elissimpark posted:

I realise everyone has different levels of comfort with bodily fluids, which is fine, but I still want to yell "get in the tub, weiner" at the husband.

(Full disclosure - I have been present for all the births of our kids and actually caught the last one cos the midwives had stepped away for a few minutes. I'm also a weirdo who made plaster casts of all their placentas, so my tolerance for ickiness is pretty high.)

Can you at least explain why? Do you take them out once in a while to look at them or?

E: does your family know about it?

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 30, 2023

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I (M35) play with my wife (F33) in a two-player PC game, and if she's not doing well, I come up with ways to turn it into something erotic

quote:

We're playing a PC game, and she's struggling a lot because she's not much of a gamer. After failing a mission multiple times, I feel like saying, 'next fail and you give me a blowjob' However, I'm afraid it might come off as rude, as she sometimes likes it and sometimes doesn't. So, I refrain from saying it, and it frustrates me that I didn't try. Do you also experiment with sex in this way? I'm not good at initiating, and she rarely does it either

Tl;dr I'm looking for ways to initiate sex in an "different" manner.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe instead of jumping straight to "give me a blowjob" try something like "For each life you lose on this level you take off one item of clothing, for each level you beat I take off one item of clothing".

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The Bramble posted:

I (M35) play with my wife (F33) in a two-player PC game, and if she's not doing well, I come up with ways to turn it into something erotic

I once tried something like this and it didn't end well. We agreed with my gf that she will give me a blowjob if she loses a game of cards to me. Except I lost and she said don't worry I'll do it anyway, I tried to explain that it's just isn't the same thing. But I was pretty drunk at this point and we just went to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Clam, I wish I was your jammer