Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1740939755326726450?t=K1vLO0sbDYiSUQL2dmgJ8w&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mook
Sep 24, 2002

Nenonen posted:

The pics posted here don't show the left side of the trrrk that collided with the Toyota, so I wouldn't say there was no crumpling based on how the right side looks.

https://twitter.com/niccruzpatane/status/1740724216582881477

Ironically despite being the 'winner' of the car argument only the cybertruck driver has reported injuries, although minor.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

nobody likes musk
musk is white
therefore everybody is racist against white people

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1740963374522069145?t=mioKFIFiem5WPUDK8Y9Y1A&s=19

Mynameismud
Jul 12, 2009
The cybrrtck is ready to explode!

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/austin-we-have-problem-tesla-descends-into-battery-hell-2023-12-21/

".....Tesla was still building a completely new quality verification system so they could weed out cells with flaws in coating.

........ in some cases the flaws were hidden in the coating and did not show up for a few months down the road.

In other words, Tesla doesn't quite know yet which dry cells are good, and which ones need to be junked, the source said."

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

If only everyone in America was white there'd be no racism

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Pretty much that, except its dumber than almost any religion

Speaking of religion, Im suprised Elon didint become a radical christian yet, but I believe thats still gonna happen sooner or later

getting closer

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I think you're probably right

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1741087997410660402?t=YztVv-SUK1795yiNKJNWag&s=19

White Babies Are Being Outbred

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
working on it

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

hmm i wonder what religion the people coming over the southern border ascribe to though

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The gently caress kinda unit is "encounters"?

Nazis engaging in flagrant lying by misrepresentation of statistics isn't new, but I have no idea what the gently caress does that even mean.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
maybe fentasyl should take a whole bunch of fentanyl

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

shouldn’t a supposed massive influx of people into the country be good if birthrates are very low? 🤔

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Elon won’t stop until 69% of all Americans are his children

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Elon won’t stop until 69% of all Americans are his children

Haha that would sickkk

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

My brother in Christ, what services

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ikanreed posted:

Nazis engaging in flagrant lying by misrepresentation of statistics isn't new, but I have no idea what the gently caress does that even mean.

it’s what white people call walking near a black or brown person

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1741085854947573834?t=oWdq0XB_4baEuo5YizIujQ&s=19

RaHoWa era Musk

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

elon, a recent newcomer to the american melting pot, probably ordered a taco in the 90s and instead of receiving a deep fried hard core tortilla shell overflowing with full fat sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese like he wanted he, well, was given two soft corn shells wrapped around something grilled and topped with nothing but white onion and cilantro

this was a turning point for elon

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

does musk want to border control to not encounter people?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

My brother in Christ, what services

ice agents

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1741133362117681512?t=BXYA2wzyjXgBnlPVMQnTvw&s=19

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
makes u think

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

top korea hasn't ravaged nature for the sake of heavy industry and endless suburban sprawl like bottom korea

elon is right

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

genuinely thought Japan would be higher on the list but apparently it's something that's actually been improving over the last 10-15yrs?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

christianity will eventually be replaced by whatever religion this becomes

https://twitter.com/mattvanwinkle/status/1740588299277029416

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Elman posted:

If only everyone in America was white there'd be no racism

It's not even true, the Irish exist.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Circle Nine posted:

maybe fentasyl should take a whole bunch of fentanyl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMJWeluZ3tI

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Who is zuby

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So we all know that Elon "comedy is legal" Musk created a major social shift in Twitter, driving out a lot of leftists and leaving behind a garbage dump of reactionaries left to fight over the scraps.

But what's morbidly fascinating is the environment that gets cultivated under the current Twitter. Just handwaving it as "it's full of Nazis" is over simplistic and doesn't really have the nuance to break down what is actually happening. People are trying to feel out methods and models to capitalize on Musk's Twitter to either make money directly through Twitter itself or grow their own brand beyond just their Twitter presence.

I've noticed that while full mask-off fascists certainly exist on Twitter they often don't have particularly huge engagement individually and more frequently are just following and supporting more influential people. What's more common seems to be more passive reactionaries. One group, also really popular on YouTube, are the rage baiters, people who post content meant to get supporters frightened, angry, or simply reassure them of their prejudices.

Next are the lazy reactionaries that aren't far removed from internet trolls as a whole. Their whole gimmick seems to be about baiting leftists and creating these situations where they calmhitler.jpg their way through the discourse. You never catch them threatening anyone, only calmly responding to histrionic left wing/lgbt posts. They're like the bilge water of any internet community in that they'll settle into whatever gross pit of :decorum: skirts around ToS. Any accusations against them make you look hysterical and overreacting, but ignoring them attracts more of their ilk, it's a lose lose situation if it gets too out of hand.

Then there's what I describe as the "caliper crowd", they like using DoJ statistics, standardized test scores, and other demographic data to push their points under the guise of facts and logic. Unfortunately most of the people who would be in a position to dismantle their rhetoric don't use Twitter, so you're left with a credulous community that sees slick charts debunking leftist theories of systemic issues. Who cares what these Nazis think? We could say to ourselves. Well the richest person on the planet seems to care which I think should give people pause.

People have talked about how Twitter is still swarming with bots, and combined with the nature of the internet "be whoever you wish you want to be!" it often has me curious as to the faces behind these Twitter accounts. Like it's easy to imagine some guy with a huge stars and bars flag wearing a klan hood just tip tapping his forty fourth eighty eight word treatise on how George Floyd died from Fentanyl. But is this the reality of these Twitter users? What type of people are they really? I don't mean "plz doxx my posting enemies" I mean more the overall demographic. Like 4chan seemed made up of irony poisoned edgelord Millennials who had been cast out of places like here. But I'm not so sure user InferiorNegroIQ on Twitter falls under this category.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

but christianity is an eastern religion, zuby

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Who is zuby

A rapper who wasn’t getting anywhere as a rapper so they restyled themself as the conservative rapper to get on the right wing welfare train and all the usual suspects held him up because if he says the things they want to say than it’s not racist

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Dr. VooDoo posted:

A rapper who wasn’t getting anywhere as a rapper so they restyled themself as the conservative rapper to get on the right wing welfare train and all the usual suspects held him up because if he says the things they want to say than it’s not racist

this is sop for failed rappers
usually they go hard religious

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

Panfilo posted:

So we all know that Elon "comedy is legal" Musk created a major social shift in Twitter, driving out a lot of leftists and leaving behind a garbage dump of reactionaries left to fight over the scraps.

But what's morbidly fascinating is the environment that gets cultivated under the current Twitter. Just handwaving it as "it's full of Nazis" is over simplistic and doesn't really have the nuance to break down what is actually happening. People are trying to feel out methods and models to capitalize on Musk's Twitter to either make money directly through Twitter itself or grow their own brand beyond just their Twitter presence.

I've noticed that while full mask-off fascists certainly exist on Twitter they often don't have particularly huge engagement individually and more frequently are just following and supporting more influential people. What's more common seems to be more passive reactionaries. One group, also really popular on YouTube, are the rage baiters, people who post content meant to get supporters frightened, angry, or simply reassure them of their prejudices.

Next are the lazy reactionaries that aren't far removed from internet trolls as a whole. Their whole gimmick seems to be about baiting leftists and creating these situations where they calmhitler.jpg their way through the discourse. You never catch them threatening anyone, only calmly responding to histrionic left wing/lgbt posts. They're like the bilge water of any internet community in that they'll settle into whatever gross pit of :decorum: skirts around ToS. Any accusations against them make you look hysterical and overreacting, but ignoring them attracts more of their ilk, it's a lose lose situation if it gets too out of hand.

Then there's what I describe as the "caliper crowd", they like using DoJ statistics, standardized test scores, and other demographic data to push their points under the guise of facts and logic. Unfortunately most of the people who would be in a position to dismantle their rhetoric don't use Twitter, so you're left with a credulous community that sees slick charts debunking leftist theories of systemic issues. Who cares what these Nazis think? We could say to ourselves. Well the richest person on the planet seems to care which I think should give people pause.

People have talked about how Twitter is still swarming with bots, and combined with the nature of the internet "be whoever you wish you want to be!" it often has me curious as to the faces behind these Twitter accounts. Like it's easy to imagine some guy with a huge stars and bars flag wearing a klan hood just tip tapping his forty fourth eighty eight word treatise on how George Floyd died from Fentanyl. But is this the reality of these Twitter users? What type of people are they really? I don't mean "plz doxx my posting enemies" I mean more the overall demographic. Like 4chan seemed made up of irony poisoned edgelord Millennials who had been cast out of places like here. But I'm not so sure user InferiorNegroIQ on Twitter falls under this category.

this is too many words. commiserations / congratulations!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Hot dog

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

white people aren't even real.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

ikanreed posted:

quote:

Note: Beginning in March 2020, monthly totals combine apprehensions and expulsions into a new category known as encounters. Monthly totals before March 2020 include apprehension only.
Source: U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Taken from GBS. "Encounters" is actually Newspeak for arrests and deportations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
the comments on this are pretty well grounded but they get amazing when you start diving into the replies to the comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2jMhwKuv4