Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

The Kins posted:

One more GOG giveaway for the year: South of the Circle

Waffleman_ posted:

Now it's Snakebird Complete

The after Xmas leftovers that dont even make a good sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Snakebird is real good and tough

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Cat Quest 1 & 2 are legitimately fun games. I bought the 2nd one on the Switch and had a fun time with my kid playing it co-op.

It's always been a game that I thought looked like it would be fun to play, but I never got around to checking it out; I always got distracted by some other game.

Now that I got it for free on EGS, if it turns out I like it (which I suspect I will), I'll buy it on Steam.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That also includes Snakebird Primer which is much easier.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Lol no need to rush to the epic store to claim today's freebie

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

but it's

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
The game so bad that it killed Volition, a studio whose roots go back to 1995's mega-hit Descent.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I tried playing it on PS Plus and even for free it's overpriced. It's so bland and soulless you'd think EA tried to make a Saints Row ripoff.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Quickly understood controls? I'm in.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

There are like 5 free DLCs with Saints Row but they are all cosmetics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
saints row was a lot of fun, the larp quest chain was great

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://x.com/PC_Focus_/status/1741135184714440748?s=20

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Oh Ghostrunner and Plague Tale are ones I have been eyeing, hopefully the list proves true.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

that'll be easier than usual to not play, i'll keep taking that garbage

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guardians of the Galaxy was actually supposed to be pretty good, it was just tainted by the stink of Avengers by association

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Waffleman_ posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy was actually supposed to be pretty good, it was just tainted by the stink of Avengers by association

yeah, it's solid

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my understanding is that it is entirely dependent on how much you like the characters and their dialogue. the game parts are just sort of there.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I put in 18ish hours on Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a solid, linear game. It's a little slow to give you every character's abilities and the end game challenge is usually just dealing with swarms of enemies, but the combat was fun. The writing and voice acting were enjoyable (but different from the movies) and I thought a lot of the locations were very pretty.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I guess I'll finally have to watch that movie, so I can appreciate what I'm missing out on when I never play the game.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I guess I'll finally have to watch that movie, so I can appreciate what I'm missing out on when I never play the game.

It's kind of like Marvel's Spider-Man, where the characters are the same but their backstories and parts of their personalities are different from the movies.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Guardians of the Galaxy is an extremely high quality game to be getting for free. Combat can be a bit dull but the overall experience is highly polished and it's one of the best looking games out there.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Q_res posted:

I tried playing it on PS Plus and even for free it's overpriced. It's so bland and soulless you'd think EA tried to make a Saints Row ripoff.

Exactly my experience. In the first five minutes you have someone saying "don't yuck my yum" or something, that was p much where I got out

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Waffleman_ posted:

It's really nice looking too. Definitely pick it up to not play

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

The game so bad that it killed Volition, a studio whose roots go back to 1995's mega-hit Descent.
Well, half of the two games that killed Volition. Agents of Mayhem was the first bullet in the World's Most Expensive* Double-Tap.

(* I don't know how much Agents of Mayhem cost to make, beyond that it was hefty, but Saints Row Reboot apparently cost $100 million?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And it was also partly the Sweet Embracer Of Death

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

honestly i'm hoping to get guardians of the galaxy for nothing

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy is an extremely high quality game to be getting for free. Combat can be a bit dull but the overall experience is highly polished and it's one of the best looking games out there.

It was well worth the $1 I paid to play it on Game Pass when you could still do that. Solid 7/10.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea it’s good, you should totally play it cause it’ll never get a sequel it deserves.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Only partially related but this is one of the best renditions of the Guardians of the Galaxy in audio drama form.
Drama form because its got multiple people doing the voices.
I've probably listened to it at least 5 times now the past few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptCgAfANIdc

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a Spectacle game. Good if you can play at max visual settings.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

GotG is decent but a lot does rest on how insufferable you find the cast. If you're a Marvel fan you'll be in heaven, it's full of deep cuts from the comics - I think Lady Hellbender has only appeared as a Totally Awesome Hulk villain previously but she's a major part of the game.

My biggest issue with it was that I played it shortly after another, better, SquareEnix published game where you're leading a ragtag group of squabbling adventurers, with combat that requires you to tactically use their abilities in sequence to stagger huge enemies, all set to a nostalgic soundtrack.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I think if it had come out before Avengers it would have done much, much better. It's not ground breaking or anything but it is a pretty fun action game with good humor and cool music. If you like the movies and like shooters you'll probably like it. I was genuinely dissapointed it did so poorly it wouldn't get DLC or a sequel. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but there's some decent hooks for a next game and there's just so much Cosmic Marvel stuff you can use.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
it's very funny that they advertised it with "don't worry, it's single player"

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Waffleman_ posted:

After playing Marvel's Midnight Suns I've realized what a marvelous job Guardians of the Galaxy did to make a Marvel game not make me miserable after several hours. It's a decent game on its own, too bad it makes you think about games that this studio could have produced instead.

ilitarist fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Dec 31, 2023

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Accurate so far, it's Ghostrunner today

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

If anyone with VR wants to give it a try, a UEVR (universal Unreal VR) mod that works with Ghostrunner was strangely also released today.

https://beastsaber.notion.site/beastsaber/Praydog-s-UEVR-Beta-Getting-Started-Guide-4c4d94ecf8cf4933b04ac362411a930e

OgNar fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 31, 2023

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That’s from a tool that was recently released that can add VR to ANY unreal engine game. It’s pretty rad, even in its early stages

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
VR UT2004 baby

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

only UE4/UE5 unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
VR system shock remake? that would be badass