Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

they want shady
May 11, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Blue Eyes is very much a "lol, meme" deck. Also it's best card (Blue Eyes Jet Dragon) can't even be pulled from the secret pack since they have yet to update it. You could make it work effectively if you splash a small engine of it with Bystials and Chaos cards, though with Chaos Ruler and Wyverburster about to be banned that deck variant is about to take a bad hit.

Honestly I would just wait to see if MD's 2nd anniversary just gives us a Blue Eyes structure to go along with the Dark Magician structure.

Is Blue Eyes Jet the best? Honestly asking since its finisher seemed to be Blue Eyes Max (which if I'm recalling correctly Is a Ritual Monster that's loving me up a bit since when I left the game ritual monsters where a joke lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

they want shady posted:

Is Blue Eyes Jet the best? Honestly asking since its finisher seemed to be Blue Eyes Max (which if I'm recalling correctly Is a Ritual Monster that's loving me up a bit since when I left the game ritual monsters where a joke lol)

Chaos MAX Dragon is something you only really play in OTK decks dedicated to getting it out (thanks to a large Impcantation engine). It's typically far too bricky to be played in any other variant of blue eyes.

they want shady
May 11, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Chaos MAX Dragon is something you only really play in OTK decks dedicated to getting it out (thanks to a large Impcantation engine). It's typically far too bricky to be played in any other variant of blue eyes.

Oh, that makes sense. Still gotta ask though, is it any worse than my current budget deck that has exactly one win condition AND if It gets hosed I'm hosed anyway?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

they want shady posted:

Game still owns but I've started to see the limits of the Salamangreat deck and I'm thinking of branching out a bit. Safest bet for a quick upgrade would probably be rescue-ace, right? Seeing how It wants some of the same cards I'm also working towards with the 'greats.

That said, based on my pack pulls the game seems to really want me to play Blue Eyes. Now, I do love that fat gently caress but I'm guessing it's still a pretty gimmicky deck (since it's based on an 8 star normal Monster). I've looked at the secret pack and support is way better than I expected (when I last left the game its biggest new card was Blue Eyes Shining and It was poo poo then and guessing it's still poo poo now based on seeing all of the cards that've been released since).

So I'm thinking it's still an upgrade from what I'm playing even if It won't stack up to the real top decks, right? Probably won't craft anything for it since It still seems like a real dust hungry deck for something that I'm assumimg is pretty mid, but thought I'd ask first.

Sorry to break it to you but the Blue Eyes deck will be worse than your Salamangreat deck, assuming equal investment. (And a good Blues Eyes deck is expensive to boot -- in that the cards cost of a lot of resources and are not used in many other decks.)

The thing is that Salamangreat and Rescue Ace are both not at full power yet, though Salamangreat's full power is not significantly more powerful than it is now compared to what Rescue Ace can be. (Assuming there is no prehits for new cards that will power up either decks). Nonetheless, switching from a Salamangreat to a Rescue Ace deck is not great either since not too many cards are shared between the decks, and even assuming full investment, will not be much more powerful. A safe and cheaper bet is to pivot to a Mathmech deck. It uses some of the same cards, has similar combos or similar patterns in gameplay, and it is insanely powerful right now. That being said, a banlist or two could hit Mathmech.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

they want shady posted:

They've put a LOT of work into making rituals suck less over the years. They're still rituals at the end of the day, but there are a few playable decks based entirely on that mechanic these days.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Rituals are cool because when you play them the other person is usually like "what the gently caress, rituals??"

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

they want shady posted:

Oh, that makes sense. Still gotta ask though, is it any worse than my current budget deck that has exactly one win condition AND if It gets hosed I'm hosed anyway?

That should be your cue to invest into something like Mathmech or Codetalker then if you want to make use of your existing cards and power up your endboards. Blue Eyes is something you build when you already have a good assortment of competitive decks and just want to throw CP into something stupid cause you're bored.

they want shady
May 11, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

That should be your cue to invest into something like Mathmech or Codetalker then if you want to make use of your existing cards and power up your endboards. Blue Eyes is something you build when you already have a good assortment of competitive decks and just want to throw CP into something stupid cause you're bored.

Yeah, didn't need any cue for that since the only secret pack I've invested in Is the Talkers pack lol

they want shady
May 11, 2013
And I've gotten what the Game wants from me, for what it's worth. Say, I have 2 heatcode talkers that've slotted into my deck just fine.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

they want shady posted:

The other two archtypes the game has blessed on me in packs are purrley (which I'm guessing is not a good investment thanks to Feels Villeneuve's reaction to the recent banlist lol) and Exosisters, but I haven't seen those mentioned a lot in this thread (other than they where good against Tearlament I think? I did peek at some of the older pages of the thread to get some ideas but dunno how these girls stack up to the current meta).

Purrley is still reasonably strong but it's been hit hard and has fallen to like, top 5ish deck maybe instead of really competing for the top spot. I've been playing a lot more of my pet deck in SuShips because at least that's still halfway fun to play.

Exo isn't terrible, but unless your pulls are godlike and not just decent it's gonna be way too expensive in URs and not nearly enough of an improvement to be worth it atm.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Do not play Purrely, the deck will be borderline unplayable until Ep-Noir comes out, due to the recent banlist.

RACE is a good "investment" because it will absolutely be a top tier deck when it's support drops but I don't think they're at DUNE stuff in Master Duel yet.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The chance to efficiently invest in Purrley has long past. All of its cards were in a single selection pack that is no longer in the game, and the banlist was very kind to it during its debut. Relatively cheap (in that the deck did not require too many resources and the investment into one of the best forms of the deck simply involved many cards that are staple in many other decks); it was absolutely the best deck for a while, but now the banlist will make it much more inconsistent though still decently strong. It does have one more card upcoming that will make it significantly more powerful, but I would assume there are going to be some hits before that card is released.

Exo is okay, but it is generally used as a counterstrategy rather than being a general good deck.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I know this isn't a new observation but I love that a pretty normal endboard of Baronne and S:P dies to literally any normal summon due to the existence of TY-PHON

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New Selection Pack (Gold Pride, SHS, Nemleria, and new Visas card):

New Dino secret pack:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Flair posted:

New Dino secret pack:

Nemleria looks like the tier of jank I adore playing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Opening price for Bonfire on TCGPlayer is $120. Fire decks right now looking like they need about $1000 worth of engine

This is before Snake-Eyes Populus comes out :shepicide:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bonfire, more like trash fire, because man is this game run badly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have like 2/3rds of a SS engine and I'm thinking of just selling it off now that Bonfire came out, and putting that money toward something fun.

it's a shame because i really like how FKs and RACE play.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair posted:

New Dino secret pack:

Selection pack:

Secret pack:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
They really couldn't help themselves with the Nemleria rarities, huh. Intact as an SR is nice at least.

I've been playing Earth Machine, so SHS will be a nice gift for myself when I can afford the rest of it next season.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SHS is going to be the dumbest poo poo possible in a BO1.

Also everyone is going to be maindecking Droll because of SHS, so Mannadium getting released right now is hilarious.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New datamine leaks: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/leaks-and-updates

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I was hoping that we'd get some information on a second anniversary, considering that it's just over a week away. They were pretty late with it last year too, I guess. Time to brush off the old Crusadia blind second deck for the event I guess.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Just spent way too much on that stupid link card everyone's playing nowadays accesscode talker

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Hmm, matches based on the solo mode decks? Time to dig out that Weatherpainter deck.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they power crept linear equation cannon

quote:

LEDE-JP080 連慄砲固定式 Renritsu Houko Teishiki (Equation System Cannon)
Normal Trap Card
(1) Banish 2 Xyz Monsters with the same Rank and 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck whose combined Levels and Ranks equal the total number of cards on the field and in both player’s hands, then you can return 1 each of your banished Fusion and Xyz Monsters to the Extra Deck whose combined Level and Rank equal the Level or Rank of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls, then banish all cards your opponent controls.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Feels Villeneuve posted:

YES

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the joke there probably makes a bit more sense in Japanese since "fusion" in the game is "Yugo" (for x, and y).

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This seems very slightly like something that could maybe potentially be brought to events by some madlad runick player and that would be extremely funny.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

It's another funny labrynth card because you can easily get it on board and your ED has more than enough space to slap in some low rank guys alongside some less good of the new chaos synchros.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
solo theme festival coming up, it's time to be toxic and run trickstars

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

solo theme festival coming up, it's time to be toxic and run trickstars

Maxx C is legal for the event so being toxic is a foregone conclusion. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
All three loaner deck have 3 ash, 2 imp, and 2 called too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TaurusOxford posted:

Maxx C is legal for the event so being toxic is a foregone conclusion. :v:

oh no, don't play maxx c against trickstar

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

take the challenge

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sadly reincarnation is at 1 in MD because Maxx C is played so often. otherwise Trickstar would be a easily consistent ftk deck.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Master Duel got a new version update which means new datamine: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/jan-16-2024/master-duel-datamines

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I can tempest pitch a speedroid grab tempest banish them to summon tempest and search any speedroid off the banished tempest

Oh...oh the lines are forming

Did you ever figure out a full deck list that incorporates Tempest? I want to re-tool my Speedroid deck now that Terrortop is at 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Playing pre-DUNE Rescue-Ace is hell on earth. Konami please. Unbrick my hands....