Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

I swear to god, this organization. I hope they get 28-3'd by the Falcons tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

abelwingnut posted:

not ideal, but the defense is undeniably good and he’s had a huge hand in that.

getsy staying would be the much bigger problem.

They have a lot of talent on defense. They should he good.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How do you set up a screen so bad it gets picked

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

How do you set up a screen so bad it gets picked

Goof!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1741278476454224114

I mean my god

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Goff is not a blocker

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mirotic posted:

I swear to god, this organization. I hope they get 28-3'd by the Falcons tomorrow.

not a serious organization

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Goff is not a blocker

But he does throw awful passes that get picked

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

But he does throw awful passes that get picked

It was an awful playcall where his back is to the only target until he throws it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is eberflus going to be in charge of replacing his numerous assistants who were all fired for unexplained allegedly creepy reasons????

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It was an awful playcall where his back is to the only target until he throws it.

Then eat the sack instead of letting Jesus take the wheel

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

is eberflus going to be in charge of replacing his numerous assistants who were all fired for unexplained allegedly creepy reasons????

Good question, possibly one that hasn't been considered by Warren and Poles

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is Poles even in charge or does Trace Armstrong get to call the shots?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BYCTOM/status/1741284956066693562

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Quick, someone sound the Boylen alarm!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Montgomery forever, now he's blowing it up

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Are the Bears really repeating the exact same mistake they made with Nagy/Pace?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

They did the same thing with John Fox. Draft a QB the coach doesn't want because he is in must win mode to save his job. They just need to pay a bunch of money for a washed up veteran QB to make it even more uncomfortable.

If they are keeping Eberflus, Poles should be tied to him. If he gets fired, so does Poles.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Maybe?

Depends on what they do with Fields, the First Pick and Getsy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears ownership is incompetent, they will just keep making the same mistakes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

To be Fair.

They could just be innovating a brand new mistake.

Please wait before saying otherwise.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

To be Fair.

They could just be innovating a brand new mistake.

Please wait before saying otherwise.

i think defense-first coach who fucks up a quarterback is actually something we have seen before

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've only had the game on in the background but it seems like the lions guard play has been poo poo all day. Is Jackson playing as bad as I think he is?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This looks like it's just really bad aggregation? The page it links to says Eberflus is expected to stay "with a strong finish":

quote:

Head coach Matt Eberflus is expected to return as head coach in 2024 with a strong finish in the final two weeks of the season, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported, per sources.

And then the page that snippet links to, which appears to be the original report, reiterates the need to close strong and looks like it's mostly just speculation based on the team improving over the course of the season:

quote:

The Bears have won four of their last six games and are 6-5 since snapping a 14-game losing streak back in October, showing improvement across the board and building a case for coach Matt Eberflus to see a third season.

The defense, in particular, has got better with Eberflus taking over play-calling -- a role he'd be likely to retain in 2024, even with the hiring of a new defensive coordinator -- and an immediate boost from the deadline trade for pass rusher Montez Sweat.

It hasn't all been smooth. Defensive coordinator Alan Williams resigned early in the season under mysterious circumstances. Running backs coach David Walker was fired. Quarterback Justin Fields' play has remained uneven, setting the stage for another major offseason decision by an organization that remains in line for the No. 1 pick, via general manager Ryan Poles' bold trade to send this past year's No. 1 pick to Carolina. But after a trying 2022, the Bears' roster has improved via an infusion of draft picks and cash, and the results have, too.

The Bears have a new team president, Kevin Warren, who was hired to work on the team's new stadium but also has a say in football matters. He wasn't on staff when Eberflus was hired two years ago, making him a wild card in the final evaluation process.

Eberflus has two more weeks to make his closing argument: Sunday against Atlanta and the following week at rival Green Bay. Like all coaches hoping to carry momentum into the offseason, Eberflus needs a strong finish. But if the next two games look like the previous 11, signs appear to be pointing in a positive direction for both Eberflus and Poles.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lions qb throwing another terrible pick

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Playoff preview

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Danny LaFever posted:

I've only had the game on in the background but it seems like the lions guard play has been poo poo all day. Is Jackson playing as bad as I think he is?

Don't know if it's all him but it's the worst performance of the year with a healthy unit.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh man, Mike McCarthy.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh man, Mike McCarthy.

Some things never change

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
LaPorta is gassed

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Why does everyone play soft rear end coverage at the end of games? I feels like it never actually works

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Oooo td lions and a crazy voice crack to go with it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Malaria posted:

Why does everyone play soft rear end coverage at the end of games? I feels like it never actually works

Because if it doesn’t work you don’t get blamed for it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Love mcdc

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

lmao Lions

What a ending

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the NFL has it in for the Detroit Lions

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hard to say that loss wasn’t on Goff’s two very bad INTs

“All that ref bullshit at the end” yeah it sucked. Yeah it made Dan mad. If Goff only fucks up one of those passes though it doesn’t even get to that point

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That was rigged! Calling riggery.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I hope the Lions eliminate the Cowboys in the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only way the national football league can make this right is to allow dan campbell to tear the referee's arms off and hit him with them