Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Well I made it to A rank but I'm not sure I have the right temperament for ranked PVP. Now that I can't rely on having a better build to carry me through while the other AC doesn't even have a chance I'm just getting too tilted. No it wasn't a "good fight" and you didn't "deserve the win" guy who ran away lobbing missiles the whole fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
There are mobility options available to you that can help you close the distance on artillery builds, and you can also try actively using the terrain of various maps for defensive purposes.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Carmant posted:

Well I made it to A rank but I'm not sure I have the right temperament for ranked PVP. Now that I can't rely on having a better build to carry me through while the other AC doesn't even have a chance I'm just getting too tilted. No it wasn't a "good fight" and you didn't "deserve the win" guy who ran away lobbing missiles the whole fight.

Assault boost is key! I loooooove boosting and it makes these sorts of fights way, way easier. Buerzel is still good for this, though I generally run a melee option so I prefer the Kikaku booster.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I can tell you that by far the most frustrating builds to play against are kite builds. People who take pot shots from far away and zip around just outside your weapons' effective ranges for the entire match in extremely frail but hyper mobile mechs.

So, you know, you could always just make one of those.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Can you still win from time out? Cuz I ain't bothering to play again until that's gone.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
why would they get rid of that when every other option for time out would be worse?

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

I don't mind the kiting builds as much as the heavy ACs that generally just assault boost repeatedly while mashing their buttons. If that sounds salty and bitter, I am feeling fragile. :v:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Droxis posted:

I don't mind the kiting builds as much as the heavy ACs that generally just assault boost repeatedly while mashing their buttons. If that sounds salty and bitter, I am feeling fragile. :v:

That was my build through B Rank. Just a big rear end tank with 4 grenade launchers. Doesn’t seem to be as reliable anymore and obviously against anyone who can kite you it’s just game over.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The new laser cannons are pretty ridiculous in those ranks too. Even if you suck some of the time latency will favor the cannons and you'll just alpha people from blind firing!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
It's fun fighting IBIS with Bazookas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RBCAJR9Y3Y

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 2, 2024

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Fromsoft put out a survey asking for input on the game.

It's in Japanese so if you're going to fill in the suggestions box you might want to use google translate with some simple language.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Just picked this up today and beat the first mission with a giant smile on my face.
We are so back.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lawman 0 posted:

Just picked this up today and beat the first mission with a giant smile on my face.
We are so back.

Good Good

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

We are so back.

Don't pass up the tutorial simulations. Some of the part rewards you get from them are very good.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

War Wizard posted:

Fromsoft put out a survey asking for input on the game.

It's in Japanese so if you're going to fill in the suggestions box you might want to use google translate with some simple language.

I just filled it out now with stuff like "More DLC parts please" and "Story DLC or an expansion like Project Phantasma would be nice."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I desperately want a coop multiplayer mode

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sindai posted:

I desperately want a coop multiplayer mode

I was too cowardly to put that on the survey, but it would very much rule, yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want a mode where I get to kiss Rusty on the mouth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bonk

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

War Wizard posted:

Don't pass up the tutorial simulations. Some of the part rewards you get from them are very good.

Yeah I was gonna check them out after I come back from the gym.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Waffleman_ posted:

I want a mode where I get to kiss Rusty on the mouth

There is a fanmade dating sim

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Finished the first run last night, got the Fires of Raven ending. That was a pretty good game right there and looking forward to NG+ later.

Spent pretty much the whole game in two different quad leg builds, one big and bulky and the fast zippy one once it unlocked using grenade launchers, chainguns, the songbirds and the needle launcher at times. Think I'll try a melee focus on NG+ with the laser dagger cause I thought that thing looked super cool animation wise, and it'll force me to change up my playstyle.

Any recommendations for shoulder weapons that go well with a swap to melee? I'm thinking I'll have a shotgun of some kind in the other hand but not sure what will best compliment that.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Overlord K posted:

Finished the first run last night, got the Fires of Raven ending. That was a pretty good game right there and looking forward to NG+ later.

Spent pretty much the whole game in two different quad leg builds, one big and bulky and the fast zippy one once it unlocked using grenade launchers, chainguns, the songbirds and the needle launcher at times. Think I'll try a melee focus on NG+ with the laser dagger cause I thought that thing looked super cool animation wise, and it'll force me to change up my playstyle.

Any recommendations for shoulder weapons that go well with a swap to melee? I'm thinking I'll have a shotgun of some kind in the other hand but not sure what will best compliment that.

Bullet orbits work well, you can store a second shotgun, or use a Ludlow to keep shooting between reloads. The needle gun Viento is also a standard equip with melee to push stagger. The JVLN beta missile is also a decent stagger weapon, but isn't of much use against MTs in missions.

It's possible to equip a second melee weapon like the moonlight or lance to continue to take advantage of a high melee specialization arm.

My personal favorite was a shotgun and chainsaw + 2x bullet orbit combo.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 2, 2024

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I had the Pulse Blade equipped the entire game because it wrecks shields. I almost always had a vertical plasma missile on the shoulder as it could effectively one-shot MTs without line of sight, but I geard they were nerfed so IDK if that is still true.

Dual melee with laser lance and pile bunker is also extremely funny. Get your foe almost staggered, deal the final stagger damage with the lance to close in, and you've often got time to hit a charged pile bunker before they recoger. Does like 7k damage.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The VPM nerf was to make them start their terminal maneuver from farther away so they aren't as good at hitting agile targets. They still one shot MTs.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

feel like I messed up doing the good boy ending on my first playthrough because now the game's giving me a bunch of alternate missions where I help the resistance and I'm gonna have to stab them in the back at the end

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
yes

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

It’s just business, 621

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Feels like the meta people finally left B rank, really had a lot of fun tonight. Not a single kiter in sight.

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

Trying to climb through A tier off and on. At this point, with my current ability, it does feel like a very loose rock/paper/scissors set up. I'm being stubborn and trying to put something together on my own with... varying levels of success. It's somewhat disheartening to build something you feel has a good shot againt half the meta, but get paired against the other half you are weak against repeatedly. :v:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Might be best to wait for a patch to fix the stun bug anyway if you're getting frustrated. Tanks can kind of auto win right now just by semi frequently breaking out of stuns early with no required input from the player. I think anyone can bug out the stun right now though, I've had it happen to me in my heavy biped. But it seems the most reliable for tanks to bust out early right now.

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Might be best to wait for a patch to fix the stun bug anyway if you're getting frustrated. Tanks can kind of auto win right now just by semi frequently breaking out of stuns early with no required input from the player. I think anyone can bug out the stun right now though, I've had it happen to me in my heavy biped. But it seems the most reliable for tanks to bust out early right now.

Oh is that what's going on? I heard some passing mention about something being off with the stagger stun currently, but have not looked into it.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I saw this while checking if those 30mm AC6 kits were coming out anytime soon.

https://tsubame-hi.com/en/

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Not sure if this was mentioned already but AGDQ seems to have an AC6 "NG+ true ending" run scheduled for 12:40pm on Friday the 19th. It's any% but is estimated at nearly 2 hours, so it sounds like it's going to be more on the side of ridiculous expert play rather than a series of glitches?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
The AC6 NG Any% WR is under 2 hours and consists of 90% traversal optimization beelining for objectives (read: assault boosting in a straight line), and quick killing bosses with pilebunker.

NG+ is 10 minutes faster between OS tuning and loading data for completed builds instead of putting together on the go.

To my knowledge there aren't any glitches or OOBs discovered that help save time.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Well that sounds like it could be entertaining to watch, turning the game into a series of movement and combat puzzles

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Does anyone have any build suggestions for fighting the Enforcer? This feels like one of the biggest difficulty spikes I've ever encountered in a game. I've been steamrolling everything and now no build I try seems to work against this thing. It doesn't help that I can only dodge its starting attack about 1% of the time.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I would say to keep as close as possible. Apply pressure with shotguns, melee, gatling, etc. Be a bit reckless and aggressive.

I think for dodging you can escape a lot of his melee attacks by jumping up, but if you keep enough pressure on, he won't have enough time to bully you.

you can do it!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Darth Nat posted:

Does anyone have any build suggestions for fighting the Enforcer? This feels like one of the biggest difficulty spikes I've ever encountered in a game. I've been steamrolling everything and now no build I try seems to work against this thing. It doesn't help that I can only dodge its starting attack about 1% of the time.

it's pretty beefy but i still tore it up the same as every other boss - mid-weight build, dual zimmermans, alternate between blasting it up and kicking it to death

i think my shoulder armaments on the first run were the six-cell pincer missiles and the three-cell plasma missiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Darth Nat posted:

Plasma weapons. The Vvc-760PR and Vvc-703PM or Vvc-706PMs just rip the poo poo out of it super hard.