Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Are they really called skeets?

I believe Bluesky and Mastodon are both officially 'posts', but are skeets and toots colloquially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

That doesn’t actually work for someone without an account though. Instead of a picture of a cat, I get the message “Sign-in required” and a link to Learn More.

it's supposed to be open for anyone to see without an account per the people who run it, maybe there's a privacy setting or something? idk

https://www.engadget.com/bluesky-changed-its-logo-and-now-lets-everyone-view-posts-even-without-an-account-172649141.html

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Are they really called skeets?

i don't think skeet is the official term, but it's common usage by the user base

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
here's the official post/skeet regarding being open to the public

https://bsky.app/profile/jay.bsky.team/post/3kh5sgr472i2x

ah yeah it looks like there is a privacy setting - i guess i should of verified.

quote:

Opt-Out Setting

All posts on Bluesky are public, but sometimes, added friction matters. That’s why we’re also including an opt-out setting, so if you don’t want your Bluesky profile to be easily publicly viewable, you can opt out by following these steps:

Update your Bluesky app to the latest version, 1.60, in the App or Play Stores.
Click Moderation in the menu on the left side.
Toggle on Logged-out visibility.

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 23, 2023

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
you should of skeeted

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Repeating my question, in case it wasn’t seen.

Is there any way to increase the quote text size? Some threads are very quote heavy and that text is smaller than everything else and doesn’t seem to scale if I change my default text size.

I didn’t have this problem on my iPhone XR but I recently got an iPhone 13. Maybe there’s a setting on the iPhone somewhere?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

`Nemesis posted:

The twitter replacement Bluesky is now viewable without an account, and posts are also embeddable. For example, sharing a bluesky skeet link in Discord is embedded.

Here is a random link to a skeet with a picture of a cat.

https://bsky.app/profile/lambheart.bsky.social/post/3khacl72wdk2r

can we get Bluesky embeds please?

I think it would be better to wait for the feature to be added to the web forums otherwise it will make second-class citizens of browser goons...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Joburg posted:

Repeating my question, in case it wasn’t seen.

Is there any way to increase the quote text size? Some threads are very quote heavy and that text is smaller than everything else and doesn’t seem to scale if I change my default text size.

I didn’t have this problem on my iPhone XR but I recently got an iPhone 13. Maybe there’s a setting on the iPhone somewhere?

I think it is set relative to the system text size, in case that’s helpful.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

I think it is set relative to the system text size, in case that’s helpful.

Apparently so. I guess my choices are to have huge text on every app or have small quote text on this app. :(

In some future update, if the quote text size could be set the same as the rest of the text I’d really appreciate it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Android Apocalypse posted:

Is there a way for a thread author to close a thread using iOS?

Anyone? Some threads deserve to die.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Android Apocalypse posted:

Anyone? Some threads deserve to die.
You should probably just use a browser for this. I can't actually answer your question, don't have an iphone, but I can't imagine this is something anyone does frequently.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You should probably just use a browser for this. I can't actually answer your question, don't have an iphone, but I can't imagine this is something anyone does frequently.
It's your app, you're supposed to add the feature!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Nate Higgers is a trending topic. Elon has won!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Joburg posted:

Apparently so. I guess my choices are to have huge text on every app or have small quote text on this app. :(

In some future update, if the quote text size could be set the same as the rest of the text I’d really appreciate it.

Yeah I tried to find a good way to do this once and I got stuck on how to do it without adding a separate size setting, but maybe a “Compact quotes [ ]” switch? I have some time off this week and might poke at the app to avoid burning out on Sandrock.

Also last night I had a vivid dream that I figured out how to fix the smilie keyboard but GitHub wouldn’t let me push the commit because of a copyright issue with the variable naming.

Merry Christmas, Awful users!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mawarannahr posted:

It's your app, you're supposed to add the feature!

It’s not his app, though. It’s unofficial.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

mawarannahr posted:

I think it would be better to wait for the feature to be added to the web forums otherwise it will make second-class citizens of browser goons...

it's a good thought, but doesn't the issue already exist since x.com links embed in the app properly, but do not (or maybe it got fixed?) on the website.

was that fixed? i only app post but it was an issue for awhile.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the site and apps have reached x.com parity as of recently

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

Feature request: posters name at the bottom of the post next to where the timestamp is in like the same greyed out little font, so I can see who posted them ever ending wall of text without having to scroll back up to the top.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Hi friends, is there a way to re-enable Imgur integration like with the Android app?

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I couldn’t find the answer in the OP or the last few pages.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Not without the devs adding it back in.

A this point it should probably be re-enabled because the great imgur deletion apocalypse didn't really materialize nor is Jeff doing much of anything on the image hosting front (or much of anything else at all really, but I digress) and it's a feature that's really useful.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

spankmeister posted:

Not without the devs adding it back in.

A this point it should probably be re-enabled because the great imgur deletion apocalypse didn't really materialize nor is Jeff doing much of anything on the image hosting front (or much of anything else at all really, but I digress) and it's a feature that's really useful.

Yeah, I’ve been very inactive the past few months on my favorite thread because it’s no longer fun to sit down during 5 minute breaks to write a post and share images. The workflow is not seamless anymore.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The Imgur->postable .timg link Shortcut is awesome

Not as quick as posting images used to be but quick and easy

Maybe I’m not understanding the issue though

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, I even have the shortcut switch back to Awful for me and it works great.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Cat Hassler posted:

Old dogs don't want to learn new tricks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

the issue is there used to be a one-step solution to uploading images and now there’s a several-steps solution

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The devs were too eager in removing the feature and this supposedly fantastic solution of the shortcut is a kludge and clunky.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

At least the Apple app now has a collection of the same people as the new thread people on the Android app.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Really we need to bug astral/jeff/new coder to get attachments 2.0 done.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The one-step former solution was plagued by intermittent errors anyway (maybe quota-related?), so a lot of us have been on the shortcut even before The Imgur Crisis.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There are imgur api limits that would get hit frequently when it was enabled. It sucks that we don’t have a good solution yet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not only that but if your image was heic it would also fail. The shortcut is much better imo.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Not only that but if your image was heic it would also fail. The shortcut is much better imo.

I guess I have to figure out how to make the shortcut

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

Animal posted:

Isn't it possible to just upload/share shortcuts?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Animal posted:

Or you could just scroll up

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Reading is hard, complaining is easier

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

The one-step former solution was plagued by intermittent errors anyway (maybe quota-related?), so a lot of us have been on the shortcut even before The Imgur Crisis.

It's this. Imgur uploads worked maybe 10% of the time for me so I just never bothered.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
can apps invoke ios shortcuts?

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

kri kri posted:

Or you could just scroll up

Tenkaris posted:

Reading is hard, complaining is easier

I did see the comment. But I have to sit down later to figure out how to make the shortcut, which I’ve never done. And it’s what I said I would do. You guys really should shave those neckbeards.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Animal posted:

I did see the comment. But I have to sit down later to figure out how to make the shortcut, which I’ve never done. And it’s what I said I would do. You guys really should shave those neckbeards.

you will need the imgur app installed, and preferably logged into an account to prevent theoretical purge

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/07301d3be7a143469635ea03b0cc0469

I added the shortcut to my quick actions in ios to make invoking it easy from the photo album

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

`Nemesis posted:

you will need the imgur app installed, and preferably logged into an account to prevent theoretical purge

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/07301d3be7a143469635ea03b0cc0469

Awesome, thanks. And now I’m afraid I’ll unlock a new rabbit hole of using shortcuts for different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007