Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsDIBanRYGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Krampus come lately.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Sketch of The Ghost of Christmas Future.

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

:dukedog:
For the latest Artdome in the goonart discord: "original character holiday scene"

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

2nd year of daily drawings complete 8)

and all 365 are conveniently collected here: https://www.are.na/s-s-zefdu3w0yii/daily-drawings-2023

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Day 1: New Year New Counter

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
Been replaying FF8 again and drew some dumb fanart:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I ticked the thread title over to 2024. If someone has a funny quip for the title then that can change too

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

happy new year

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 2

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of five hours on this one and I think it turned out really well:

And here's the process video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhSdivgwf84

I know I should probably add a voiceover or something, since it's basically just twelve minutes of me drawing, but I'm gonna need to buy a decent microphone for that, so it's gonna be a while before my videos are anything but that.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Haven't drawn in a long time so I'm trying to shake off the cobwebs and rust. Going to (try and) do some quick daily portrait sketches for a bit.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 5, 2024

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Phylodox posted:

I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of five hours on this one and I think it turned out really well:

I know I should probably add a voiceover or something, since it's basically just twelve minutes of me drawing, but I'm gonna need to buy a decent microphone for that, so it's gonna be a while before my videos are anything but that.

That's great! Also thanks again for posting video. I've got a backlog to go through to learn how to colour without outlines.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Good use of positive/negative space 👌

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 3

Phylodox posted:

Watching someone just go in entire sections of an image before even starting on other parts is just... incredibly stressful, to me, personally.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TurnipFritter posted:

Watching someone just go in entire sections of an image before even starting on other parts is just... incredibly stressful, to me, personally.

I know it's a bad habit. It means that if I run out of steam I'm left with, like, a fully rendered head and some roughly blocked in everything else.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Phylodox posted:

I know it's a bad habit. It means that if I run out of steam I'm left with, like, a fully rendered head and some roughly blocked in everything else.

Oh I wasn't saying it was bad to do it that way, just that I lack the confidence and skill set to approach it like that. It's really cool to see the process.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

bought some ohuhu markers and i am a++++ enjoying them

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Having a bugger of a time getting back into the swing of regular art. Or anything.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 4

Gnossiennes posted:

bought some ohuhu markers and i am a++++ enjoying them

Ohuhu is, as the kids say, truly GOATed. They really dared to ask the question "What if we make good quality alcohol markers that are actually affordable?" and then just... did it.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

that's a good way to describe it! here's to hoping they don't run dry too quickly.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Made it a week! Days 7 and 8

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 9, 2024

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I keep meaning to post this Christmas gift I made for my daughter.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 5

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

It's a lovely drawing by my own standards but at least it's something even if it's just a quick update to my CYOA. I've had such a problem just... doing things lately.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Smik posted:

It's a lovely drawing by my own standards but at least it's something even if it's just a quick update to my CYOA. I've had such a problem just... doing things lately.

Sometimes it's good to take a break and recharge and sometimes it's good to push your way through a block. I still haven't figured out when it's better to do either one! I guess I'm just saying that I've been in that same rut too.

I'm not sure if it's your new markers or you being a bit more experimental with your colors, but your recent sketches have had almost a watercolor look to them. Maybe it's a bit of both!

Anyways, here are days 9 & 10

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Normally I only post the videos on Thursdays, but since Fantasy High: Junior Year premieres today, I'm uploading this one especially:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3DX-A3A_vY

I'm really trying to step up my video editing with these, so I've started adding title cards and intros and outros and music and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

:dukedog:

First art of 2024!

Started in the goonart discord by Squidtamer and followed by Sharpest Crayon. I hopped on the shower beer bandwagon!