Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

MakaVillian posted:

The run defence really misses Armstead, every time I watch Kinlaw he's getting blown off the ball.

Kinlaw just has not improved at all. What an awful idea it was to trade Buckner :smith:

Edit: C'mon Cardinals! I can't believe I've been cheering for the Seahawks, Cowboys and Cardinals to win lately, but here we are.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Coldforge posted:

Kinlaw just has not improved at all. What an awful idea it was to trade Buckner :smith:

Edit: C'mon Cardinals! I can't believe I've been cheering for the Seahawks, Cowboys and Cardinals to win lately, but here we are.

In retrospect, yeah. The logic was sound, though. It just didn't work out.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DancingMachine posted:

Personally I say we eat poo poo next year on Geno and Adams contracts and gear up for 2025.

Yeah. Cut all the dead weight in the off-season, eat the consequence in 2024, get ready for 2025.

But it’s Pete so we know that won’t happen.

Lifespan posted:

I agree with just taking the hit on Adams, but Geno is worth keeping on for another year. They do need to get serious about a replacement though.

I’d agree if we were near contending but Seattle isn’t. So I’d rather let Geno go and try and succeed elsewhere. Imo there’s a conflicting tension between keeping a decent qb and getting serious about a long term replacement. I’d prefer Seattle get serious about the long term replacement.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
That last TD pass to Aiyuk was so well choreographed by Shanahan, amazing that he was able to detail the pressure and scramble so precisely in his scheme.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Coldforge posted:

That last TD pass to Aiyuk was so well choreographed by Shanahan, amazing that he was able to detail the pressure and scramble so precisely in his scheme.

I was about to say that anyone who doesn't believe in Purdy needs to see that. Very impressive.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Haven't been watching the AZ/PHI game but if not for the pick-6, PHI is probably losing this game.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Haven't been watching the AZ/PHI game but if not for the pick-6, PHI is probably losing this game.

Yeah Philly are just major frauds still, Arizona is not having trouble with their defense at all outside of one brainfart by Kyler

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Papercut posted:

Yeah Philly are just major frauds still, Arizona is not having trouble with their defense at all outside of one brainfart by Kyler

They've been saying PHI would have an easy time the rest of the way but I've had a feeling they would lose another. Probably next week at New York.

E: well, that game is now tied. PHI has 5 mins to win it or let the Cards have a shot at the upset. Go Cards or somethjing.

E2: and now they go into tank mode and try an onside for no reason. lame.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 31, 2023

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
If AZ loses because this genius decided to go for an onside kick with 5 minutes left in a tie game, I'm gonna be extremely annoyed

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

This Arizona Philadelphia game is fun.

So where is this thread on Gannon, we think he’s good? Obviously we have a limited sample and he doesn’t have a lot of players to work with.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I don't know enough to have an opinion about him tactically or in-game management or anything but everytime I've seen the Cardinals they've opened up surprisingly competitive before lack of talent catches up to them. So it seems like you could do worse, if you accept the Cards were in no position for a one year miracle turnaround

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
omg so close, c'mon Cards

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

cardinal touchdown.. that offside kick to only let the eagles get a field goal so you have enough time to get a touchdown was brilliant.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
200+ yards rushing

cardinals :toot:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
lmfao THANK YOU CARDSSSSSSS

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yaaaassssss!!

Niners can rest Trent next week. Anyone banged up cannister. Essentially a 2 week bye. And they can probably still win next week.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dutchy posted:

I don't know enough to have an opinion about him tactically or in-game management or anything but everytime I've seen the Cardinals they've opened up surprisingly competitive before lack of talent catches up to them. So it seems like you could do worse, if you accept the Cards were in no position for a one year miracle turnaround

I'd like to retract this post and demand a lifetime extension for 49ers legend Jonathan Gannon

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
You're the only good not awful bird team in the NFL, Cardinals. Thank you and congratulations on your win.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Giants are dumb as gently caress.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Thank you, Arizona. You're a true follower of The Run.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Waltzing Along posted:

Giants are dumb as gently caress.

If you want your RB to catch those game winning passes, you have to actually pay them long term :hmmyes:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

TY Cards

Man.... the #1 seed. I'm so hyped!!!!

Edit: Shanahan pls bench CMC and Purdy next week

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Finally we get to see Darnold perfectly executing the system just like Purdy

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

https://x.com/KeianaMartinTV/status/1741564384634184081?s=20

49ers thank you Cards.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Papercut posted:

Him and Mason gonna put up 300 yards together.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Papercut posted:

Darnold and Mitchell playing behind the backup left tackle and center. It's going to be glorious.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rams can still lose this.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This Arizona Philadelphia game is fun.

So where is this thread on Gannon, we think he’s good? Obviously we have a limited sample and he doesn’t have a lot of players to work with.

giving him limited credit for the offense looking ok and limited blame for the defense being bad with no talent. jury's out imo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rams saved from themselves.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Waltzing Along posted:

Yaaaassssss!!

Niners can rest Trent next week. Anyone banged up cannister. Essentially a 2 week bye. And they can probably still win next week.

Wonder if they come out flat in the playoffs.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Wonder if they come out flat in the playoffs.

lmao you would.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wouldn't be YOLO to chime in. :v:

jk love ya man

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

lmao you would.

I think the 49ers are the best team in the NFC by a good margin and should easily roll to the NFC championship, I’m just curious to see how they manage what’s basically a two week bye, assuming they do sit starters next week.

Some teams (or coaches) do seem to struggle with staying focused during a break though I think Kyle is generally good after a bye week?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hopefully they put a nice recliner out on the sidelines for Trent next week. He earned it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Look man I'm just asking questions vibes.

Mustached Demon posted:

Hopefully they put a nice recliner out on the sidelines for Trent next week. He earned it.

If CMC isn't in bubblewrap next week, there'll be riots in Santa Clara.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The niners can functionally rest 3 of the next 5 weeks before the super bowl. Assuming they win the two playoff games, they should be about as healthy as they could be. If they don't win it this year, I don't know when they will.

First playoff game should be relatively easy. But who knows who they would face in the NFCCG.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Thank you Cards!

Shanahan needs to sit basically everyone. Darnold2Bell!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Coldforge posted:

Look man I'm just asking questions vibes.

I mean, I hope they lose to basically anyone but the Cowboys but I am just legitimately curious about how their first game will go.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, I hope they lose to basically anyone but the Cowboys but I am just legitimately curious about how their first game will go.

I am also concerned about them coming out flat, especially since they're a frontrunning team. But they really do need the rest, I'll take the risk of a flat first half vs wearing these guys down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lifelong Cardinals fan here go desert birds