Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Papercut posted:

I am also concerned about them coming out flat, especially since they're a frontrunning team. But they really do need the rest, I'll take the risk of a flat first half vs wearing these guys down

Yea, I given the options you certainly want the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, I hope they lose to basically anyone but the Cowboys but I am just legitimately curious about how their first game will go.

The honesty is refreshing :discourse:

I think they'll be okay, and they need the rest.

edit for why it's so important:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, I hope they lose to basically anyone but the Cowboys but I am just legitimately curious about how their first game will go.

The one thing to bring this thread together no matter what: gently caress the cowboys.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Thank you Cardinals, the best birds!

That bye will be incredibly helpful to get guys healed up.

Coming out flat is a concern but I think/hope the coaching staff and player leadership will nip that in the bud

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

The honesty is refreshing :discourse:

I think they'll be okay, and they need the rest.

edit for why it's so important:

Update: I’d also like them to beat the Seahawks if that matchup happens.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
FedEx Field is a mess, but it was a mess decked out in Niners colors today. Good job, folks. The stadium crew should really just lean into it and play the Make Some Noise tracks on Commie possessions. Everybody stopped on the way out to cheer on the Eagles getting wrecked on the RedZone TVs.

Actual game wasn’t bad. OL held up well. Defense didn’t, but I think the Commies got a lot of assistance from swallowed flags.

Now please rest for two weeks.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Forgive the source, but Deebo is adorable.

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1741571835626754381

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

hifi posted:

giving him limited credit for the offense looking ok and limited blame for the defense being bad with no talent. jury's out imo.

Yeah, I mean, they’re not a very talented team, but they’ve generally been at least somewhat competitive and also generally haven’t given up, which to me speaks a lot to the coaching stuff. So even with all of Gannon’s cringe stuff initially, they seem to play hard for him and that can ultimately be huge once they do get more talent.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I honestly think Gannon's done an impressive job. The Cards have been surprisingly tough and scrappy all season.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I honestly think Gannon's done an impressive job. The Cards have been surprisingly tough and scrappy all season.

They rushed for over 200 yards and they were rewarded.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yea, for all the offseason jokes I think the Cards have overperformed expectations and talent level and the Eagles defense sure has looked lovely since he left.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This Hawks game has just been torture to watch.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Man losing to an extremely mediocre Steelers team at home with the season on the line is a pretty strong indicator of "time to blow it up".

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

algebra testes posted:

This Hawks game has just been torture to watch.

As per usual

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams playoff spot clinched

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Rams gonna be that "wild card team nobody really wants to play" this year.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams playoff spot clinched

Niners/Rams gonna be hilarious

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The rams are going to get bounced in the wild card round but it’s amazing they were able to get in this year

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

DancingMachine posted:

Rams gonna be that "wild card team nobody really wants to play" this year.

If anyone on the Giants could catch a pass, the Rams would have lost, so that might be relative.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

MakaVillian posted:

Thank you Cardinals, the best birds!

That bye will be incredibly helpful to get guys healed up.

Coming out flat is a concern but I think/hope the coaching staff and player leadership will nip that in the bud

I'm guessing Armstead will be good to go so the nightmare DLine will be back. Plus giving Trent Williams time off is huge. This was a great weekend for the Niners.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Thank you Seahawks for sending any winning energy you had to the Huskies, you knew what was really important this weekend.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

The rams are going to get bounced in the wild card round but it’s amazing they were able to get in this year

If they play the Lions Stafford's getting revenge

(Between that, Flacco/Ravens, and Baker/Browns each being possible, this playoffs could be extremely funny)

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Edna Mode posted:

Thank you Seahawks for sending any winning energy you had to the Huskies, you knew what was really important this weekend.

:hmmyes:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Can the 49ers and Rams just send out their mascots to thumb wrestle at mid-field, or something?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Can the 49ers and Rams just send out their mascots to thumb wrestle at mid-field, or something?

I can do a Sam Darnold?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Carson Wentz vs Sam Darnold is 2018 exciting

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Edna Mode posted:

gently caress UW

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

wow rude

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
welp lol

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Cat Hassler posted:

gently caress UW

:sad:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rams/Lions looks like it is just about a certainty. I can't see the Rams winning that game. Dome game. The Detroit fans are going to be going absolutely apeshit and it will be loud as gently caress. 70,000 fans in there. All of them Lions fans (because there aren't any Rams fans.)

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
There's great storylines either way with Goff beating LA or Stafford knocking the Lions out.

I'm just glad the 49ers can sit and rest at home that week. Thanks Cardinals. :cheersbird:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

Rams saved from themselves.

A huge win for the Rams despite playing some bad football.

Hopefully they got that poo poo out of their system before playing the niners, then into the playoffs.

If they can beat the niners, then I don't know what's going on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They might be able to beat the niners backups.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

.....(because there aren't any Rams fans.)

:argh: There's at least four of us here!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

They might be able to beat the niners backups.

We'll see if that even happens. Shanahan does not want to lose to McVay, ever.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

We'll see if that even happens. Shanahan does not want to lose to McVay, ever.

Darnold, Mason, and Bell versus the Rams for all the marbles!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

mllaneza posted:

Darnold, Mason, and Bell versus the Rams for all the marbles!

Maybe it'll be Wentz, Henderson, and Atwell for all the marbles!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
CMC will sit for sure, same with the guys who were out today like Armstead and Jayir Brown, although if Jennings clears concussion protocol I imagine he'll play. I could see Hargrave and Trent both sitting out to give them extra rest. Purdy will play the first half at most, and I'd guess the same for Deebo/Aiyuk/Kittle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Happy New Year NFCW thread. May your opposing team lose and the run always win.