Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah PSP is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Passionate Stomach Pecks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Not to be dramatic but whenever the name gets changed from PSP I fly into a rage

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats kinda dramatic

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Not to be dramatic but whenever the name gets changed from PSP I fly into a rage

despite the name of the page, i'm still just a goon in a rage

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
AEW Hell thread is turning towards in-fighting. Maybe it needs a break? Or shut down? Negative views only threads tend to go toxic at some point anyway.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Why does no one understand how hell works

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That DICK! posted:

Why does no one understand how hell works

How should it work? What is the vision for hell

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's the only honest thread on this subforum

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

12 posters in unison to each other: im not locked in here with you, you’re all locked in here with me

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
when there's no thread left in (aew) hell, the goons will walk the (aew weekly thread)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

"in fighting" lol. i think we'll survive. ty for the concern. ticket closed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the existence of an ironic AEW racism thread has inspired the creation of a genuine AEW racism megathread

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

when you open the portal to hell you don't get to complain when demons walk through

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

fez_machine posted:

AEW Hell thread is turning towards in-fighting. Maybe it needs a break? Or shut down? Negative views only threads tend to go toxic at some point anyway.

it is a good thread. It doesn't need to be shut down

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

it is a good thread. It doesn't need to be shut down

I agree with Shard

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
all hate threads turn toxic without exception

The Devil angle is resolved and the thread is already barely able to handle the Jericho misconduct allegations seriously

plus people are getting shoot mad at each other and that's a gross vibe. There's a reason why you can't quote bad takes from the forums in the Regal thread.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's not a "hate thread" it's a place for people to air their legitimate criticisms and frustrations without being drowned out by a bunch of toxic positivity bullshit

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Benne posted:

It's not a "hate thread" it's a place for people to air their legitimate criticisms and frustrations without being drowned out by a bunch of toxic positivity bullshit

are you reading the same main AEW thread as I am? plenty of people saying the pape sucked

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fez_machine posted:

all hate threads turn toxic without exception

The Devil angle is resolved and the thread is already barely able to handle the Jericho misconduct allegations seriously

The last time I checked the regular AEW thread (admittedly before PPV) it wasn't exactly handling the Jericho allegations with grace

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I just like postin there cause a lot of my friends do and if you mess with them we’ll beat u up

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

I just like postin there cause a lot of my friends do and if you mess with them we’ll beat u up

how could you? you're so small. But I know you wouldn't beat me up because we're friends. And you're smol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Benne posted:

lmao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

hell thread rules though dont remove it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Benne posted:

it's called the hoot and holler thread thank you very much

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Seeing a lot of toxic positivity directed at the people who don't like the AEW Hell thread. Can we have a separate feedback thread so we don't have to see all the posts about liking that thread?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

there is a target on that thread’s back since it’s the last place you can tell the truth. not surprised some want it silenced. follow the money

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

Seeing a lot of toxic positivity directed at the people who don't like the AEW Hell thread. Can we have a separate feedback thread so we don't have to see all the posts about liking that thread?

great job on the match of the night on the pape!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

there is a target on that thread’s back since it’s the last place you can tell the truth. not surprised some want it silenced. follow the money

T K... in the coffee!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's fine for people who like that thread to respond to an insistence that it must be closed. the insistence was made by someone who won't stop looking at it for no good reason and doesn't understand what jokes are or that people don't consider themselves "one of" each thread.

yes that person did go into the hell thread in november and attack people for "making poo poo up" because they genuinely don't understand what a joke is, and takes everything extremely personally.

just stop opening the thread. if somebody wearing a HELL HATE t-shirt starts harassing you, worry about it then.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The AEW Hell Thread is a combination place for AEW Is Totally Dying Bits and a place to air legitimate grievances and complain about stuff that sucks and sometimes just vent a bit. It's a rules-lite shitpost thread, but it shouldn't be carte blanche to sling insults at each other. Talk poo poo about the product, not each other. The latest few posts are pretty snippy and I'll keep an eye on it. Admittedly I'm in-and-out because it's new year's eve and I have a party to go to.

At the same time, yes, sometimes there are instances of people going into the thread, getting mad that people are mad, and that's just a cyclical mess. Don't Get Worked. Sometimes you really do just have to hit the X button and wait for things to blow over.

As for the Jericho allegations and discussion thereof, it's a sensitive subject that has not been handled with the most grace in any particular thread. I'm doing my best to moderate it because it's a subject that deserves tact but it's not easy. It's not a Hell Thread-exclusive issue.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"toxic positivity"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have posted positively in the AEW Hell thread. I will occasionally continue to do so. But I need a place to poo poo sometimes when I feel like someone's booking is a misstep or I need a place to kneejerk.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think Hell Thread is a Swell Thread

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The AEW Hell Thread is a combination place for AEW Is Totally Dying Bits and a place to air legitimate grievances and complain about stuff that sucks and sometimes just vent a bit. It's a rules-lite shitpost thread, but it shouldn't be carte blanche to sling insults at each other. Talk poo poo about the product, not each other. The latest few posts are pretty snippy and I'll keep an eye on it. Admittedly I'm in-and-out because it's new year's eve and I have a party to go to.

Wow, look at this goon humble bragging about having a social life. BOOOOOO

(I'd rather be watching AJPW than partying anyway)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 31, 2023

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
As a very casual fan, I've kind of felt more comfortable posting about AEW in the hell thread because, to be honest, it doesn't take things quite so seriously while still being a bit informative about what's going on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the worst responses to the jericho stuff in the past 24 hours were made in all the aew threads across the board. people have been accusing other people of stuff they know is false or big exaggerations. somebody in the aew general thread was pissed off at one other person and said everybody on this forum is disgusting and the whole place sucks. it's causing a lot of people to be pretty volatile and it happens during anything like this. i'm not commenting on the validity of that or saying it's wrong or something. i'm pointing out that this stuff is not because of a thread.

it sucks pretty loving bad to try to get things shut down with really vague bullshit. at least come up with some kind of tangible issue.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

im at home playing swtor while my wife and kids play with roblox figures and we're watching the murder mystery episode of golden girls. #winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hell thread rules . topic closed