Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Strongbox feels like a waste until you get a cracked piece that you need. My Itto was entirely geared that way and one of my best CRate hats came from that - one that would have sucked up a TON or resin had I grinded for it.

Resin is a lot more valuable than artifact xp imo. Hitting up the new domains like March/Troupe will have you end up with a lot of purps to feed into artifacts anyway. And there will always be something I can improve on whether it’s looking for the illusive cracked VV EM pieces, or upgrade TF pieces for Keqing to use etc. just looking at stuff like my Glad pieces, which I got passively over three+ years my stats on those are way better generally than the pieces I grind for because I’ve just gotten so many more of them. The strongbox gives something similar where you get to keep rolling the dice for god rolls instead of spending resin on old domains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I do the artifact run every day, so my experience is also out of the norm. I always have way more artifact exp to invest in new artifacts than good artifacts I want to raise. Any by "want to raise" I mean, artifacts that are going on characters I am actively building. They Crit Rate/ Crit DMG/ ATK% Wanderer's troupe flower may be too good to just throw into the recycler, but as long as you keep getting new characters, it'll probably never make it into your priorities on stuff you want to raise. At least not as much as the next character you want to outfit with Emblem of Severed Fate, Noblesse Oblige, Tenacity of the Millileth, or the VV set.

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008
I must not run artifact domains that much because I'm constantly in need of more artifact xp. I'm usually completely out of trash artifacts to burn and often need to run domains just to get more xp. I have never strongboxed and never felt the need for it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i mean it's basically proportional to your standards. actually-good artifacts are insanely rare. if you're grinding domains hard enough to get good pieces, then the proportion of keepers : runs is very low, and you'll have plenty of XP. conversely, if you settle for crap (but still want to develop a lot of characters) you're going to have tons of candidates but not much XP.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

my favorite thing about sara is that there's a generic npc kujou clan member who is in raiden, kazuha, *and* ayato's story quests, and sara is mentioned in none of them

lol poo poo you're right

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i mean it's basically proportional to your standards. actually-good artifacts are insanely rare. if you're grinding domains hard enough to get good pieces, then the proportion of keepers : runs is very low, and you'll have plenty of XP. conversely, if you settle for crap (but still want to develop a lot of characters) you're going to have tons of candidates but not much XP.

The other issue over time is you get really good wanderer’s and glad pieces, and farming a new domain like Navia’s it can be hard to beat your old pieces even if they aren’t optimal. The kinds of pieces you can get passively collecting artifacts over three years, given how rare they can be, are hard to match in a shorter time from a new domain. So it’s ends up with a lot of trash/recycling unless it’s a set that has a really strong bonus, can be run 2pc or is niche for a certain character where glad or wanderers aren’t even that usable (like Neuvi, Furina etc).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

my favorite thing about sara is that there's a generic npc kujou clan member who is in raiden, kazuha, *and* ayato's story quests, and sara is mentioned in none of them

Sara was off doing the important work of not quite negotiating a peace treaty with Watatsumi Island.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I should get a free Lyney for doing the one thousand hours of this stupid trial in Fontaine

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I should get a free Lyney for doing the one thousand hours of this stupid trial in Fontaine

If you think it's bad now, wait until you get to the Bastille

Peanut3141
Oct 30, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I have to swap Golden Troupe pieces around because I don't have enough yet since I'm still using Furina but I don't think I'll ever get a better feather than this.

You just have to get lucky. This is the set I got within 2 weeks of 4.0 launch. It’s a huge upgrade over my old 2pc2pc.

I wasn’t interested in Lyney, so I sunk all my resin into improving Fischl and Neuv/Furina prep.

Peanut3141 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 1, 2024

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I stopped mulching 5* artifacts when recycling came out because I was getting really good VV and thundering fury artifacts. Then Fontaine released and they added emblem of severed fate to the recycle list so I've been recycling everything into that. My slightly cursed Raiden has been using an ATK circlet for 2+ years but the curse remains. Raiden and her eternal quest for the rebirth of eternity a goddamn crit circlet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Peanut3141 posted:

You just have to get lucky. This is the set I got within 2 weeks of 4.0 launch. It’s a huge upgrade over my old 2pc2pc.

I wasn’t interested in Lyney, so I sunk all my resin into improving Fischl and Neuv/Furina prep.

My bad, I didn't explain myself well enough. I have Golden Troupe stuff but because I'm currently using Furina I don't have enough for Fischl right now. I just posted that because I don't think I'm ever getting a better feather than that. I think that's the best artifact I've got.

Peanut3141
Oct 30, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

My bad, I didn't explain myself well enough. I have Golden Troupe stuff but because I'm currently using Furina I don't have enough for Fischl right now. I just posted that because I don't think I'm ever getting a better feather than that. I think that's the best artifact I've got.

I didn’t find that Fischl and Furina competed very hard for GT pieces, as one is an ATK scaler and the other is pure HP scaling. Add in the fact that Furina needs far more ER than Fischl and the pieces they both value are pretty rare.

Unless you’re drowning in CV only pieces, the other two rolls customize them to one or the other pretty cleanly. If you’re feeling saucy, you can set aside the crit + DEF drops for Albedo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wait, there's a giant whale in Fontaine? I was joking about this being Re:Zero.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wait, there's a giant whale in Fontaine? I was joking about this being Re:Zero.

Genshin is actually every anime, it's just not always immediately apparent in each instance of this phenomenon.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1741671248252342728

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Peanut3141 posted:

If you’re feeling saucy, you can set aside the crit + DEF drops for Albedo.

I've been on the lookout for these because I'm using Al with Navia and even DEF pieces with good CV have been rare.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I expected this Abyss rotation to really suck, but it wasn't terrible. It's worth taking more time on the Perpetual Mechanical Array to build a team for the Hydro Tulpa later, as it's not too difficult to do the back half of each chamber quickly. The Tulpa is a big beefy boy who is a Dark Souls boss with Abyss stats, either come in shielded or learn his tells or you will get pasted by his attacks. I found Aggravate worked fine as it's okay against the PMA and turns into Hyperbloom against the Tulpa and shreds him pretty fast.

That said if you use a shielder using Zhongli on the other side might be better because there are some Geo Slimes and he saves a ton of time deleting their shields. I suspect that side is designed for Chevreuse (like the front half is for Navia) and the intent was that you would Overload them, but whatever.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Since I'd have looked like a genius if I'd written my prediction for Cloud Retainer's kit down, here's the kind of thing I'm hoping to see out of Chiori: an EM-scaling support who uses Crystallize to "clothe" (buff) your team in different ways depending on which "colours" (elements) you use.

Her skill could be something like a 100% uptime buff that doesn't do anything on its own, but collecting a Crystallize shard refreshes its duration and adds a party-wide buff based on the shard's element: presumably something like damage for Pyro, ER for Electro, crit damage for Cryo, and a HoT for Hydro. (That would mean it keeps refreshing itself and providing every buff you've collected so far as long as you keep picking up shards of any element. Outside of Navia teams, I think getting a Crystallize of each of your elements is a big enough ask that it's okay if you only have to do it once per fight.)

The base buff could also have other helpful effects like automatically sucking in Crystallize shards, giving Chiori an infusion, or basing your other units' Crystallize on her EM so her sustain doesn't nonbo horribly with other Geo units. These are all good candidates for ascension passives.

I have a very specific hope for her burst, which is that it's just an EM-scaling version of Bennett's, without the 70% HP cap or making you play Circle Impact. Maybe it could also buff DEF to combo better with the other Geo units who care about that.

Now you might think that an EM-scaler in Geo sounds a lot like a shielder, which risks muscling in on Zhongli's turf. But don't worry: even with 1,000 EM, Crystallize shields do bugger all unless they're against the same element. So really this is just a buffing and healing kit with some shielding on the side.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
EM Geo is something I think they will do just to drive people who threw out great Geo EM artifacts for the past three years insane.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Speaking of seemingly useless artifacts, in farming for Navia's set I've built up a pretty good set of ER/crit pieces on the accompanying healing/support set. Is there any character who actually wants this, especially as an invested support?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Speaking of seemingly useless artifacts, in farming for Navia's set I've built up a pretty good set of ER/crit pieces on the accompanying healing/support set. Is there any character who actually wants this, especially as an invested support?
Unironically Dori, hypothetically Qiqi in a Neuvillette+Furina Freeze team (where you're not just running Charlotte for whatever reason), maybe C2 Baizhu on Neuvillette Hyperbloom. It has to be continuous gradual healing without any big spikes or else Clam is often just better, and on a team where you can't run or don't benefit from Noblesse or Tenacity. Xianyun might have the healing frequency to make it work, but she's Anemo, which just leads one to wonder why one would not run VV, so again it would have to be a situation where you have no reason to do so (Xiao Quad-Anemo where Tenacity and Noblesse are already in use by Faruzan and the third character?). EDIT: Debatably if you ran three Anemo and supportive Bennett, Song of Days Past might beat VV on Xianyun since the Pyro damage being done isn't really worth amping. But if you ran three Anemo and Furina, VV is way better because Furina's personal damage is so high.

Ironically, Pneuma Furina. She's perfect for it, other than the part about needing to run Furina in Pneuma instead of the mode that actually does damage and generates energy.

EDIT EDIT: There's probably some two or three Dendro scenario where someone other than Baizhu/Yaoyao are already handling Deepwood Memories, which would free them up to use Song of Days Past. It competes with Instructor though. I guess it offers much better stats than Instructor since it's a 5* set, but that's still not great if we're putting it in contention with Instructor.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 1, 2024

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Interesting; thank you.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Nakar posted:

I expected this Abyss rotation to really suck, but it wasn't terrible. It's worth taking more time on the Perpetual Mechanical Array to build a team for the Hydro Tulpa later, as it's not too difficult to do the back half of each chamber quickly. The Tulpa is a big beefy boy who is a Dark Souls boss with Abyss stats, either come in shielded or learn his tells or you will get pasted by his attacks. I found Aggravate worked fine as it's okay against the PMA and turns into Hyperbloom against the Tulpa and shreds him pretty fast.

That said if you use a shielder using Zhongli on the other side might be better because there are some Geo Slimes and he saves a ton of time deleting their shields. I suspect that side is designed for Chevreuse (like the front half is for Navia) and the intent was that you would Overload them, but whatever.

Rational killed the Tulpa pretty quickly. Was happy to have a chance to get out my Hu Tao for the single-target second halves.

Easy abyss overall I think, since it's tuned for Navia's geo teams.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Okay, I've made some effort to progress through the Archon quest (wrapped up the trial, learned some more about Navia's dad), but I got sidetracked and couldn't get in the mood to do more. How much is the current event going to spoil for me? Are we talking like the end of the Archon quest?

tread-softly
May 31, 2013
Yep, sorry. There are some pretty significant events in the last section of the Archon quest and the event references them.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

Okay, I've made some effort to progress through the Archon quest (wrapped up the trial, learned some more about Navia's dad), but I got sidetracked and couldn't get in the mood to do more. How much is the current event going to spoil for me? Are we talking like the end of the Archon quest?

I am through the next part of the archon quest after where you are. I think it was really enjoyable, and if the end of it is as good as what I played for the first couple arcs then it sucks to have had the spoilers I read in the event because I actively tried to avoid spoilers up until then only for the game itself to put it in a loving character bio lol

That said, if you start the event and DO NOT read the Furina’s bio/summary that appears on the screen (I forget if other characters have spoilers) and blow past all the introductory dialogue - then you can finish the first part to open up the mini games. I don’t know about later parts of the quests (I stopped at part 3 iirc) but there were no real spoilers once the filming started that I remember. In fact once you see the Inazuma visitors arrive I don’t remember any spoiler after there on so you could read it after they sail on in. Though if someone else could confirm that is safe, I would appreciate it because I might be forgetting something.

That way you can finish the mini games to get the currency/rewards and clear out the event shop and get the event weapon while still taking your time on the archon quests. The spoilers tell you significant stuff about the end of the archon quest so the only other alternative is blitzing the quests before you do the event, which would be pretty brutal (for me at least). You would only be missing out on the primos from the subsequent parts of the event story (though there might not be any more spoilers after the first part; idk because I didn’t finish them yet).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

if you're grinding domains hard enough to get good pieces, then the proportion of keepers : runs is very low, and you'll have plenty of XP. conversely, if you settle for crap (but still want to develop a lot of characters) you're going to have tons of candidates but not much XP.

Type B is eventually going to turn into Type A anyway, since the gulf between usable and good is massive. Just going through your resin every day generates a mountain of trash and good enough stops being good enough. I guess if you don't play frequently then the resin rots and you really don't have enough to upgrade, but in that case I suspect your standards aren't particularly high.

Also it seems I'm the weirdo for stopping when it hits a bad upgrade instead of open palm slamming everything to 20 then complaining about rolling DEF five times.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Mailer posted:

Also it seems I'm the weirdo for stopping when it hits a bad upgrade instead of open palm slamming everything to 20 then complaining about rolling DEF five times.

Nah, at this point I’ll roll til +4 or +8 depending on the piece and then it becomes food for other artifact gambling.

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008
I guess my standards are way lower than I thought and I settle for crap lol. If I get the right mainstat and 2-3 good substats, I'll take it to +16 no matter how they roll, or +20 if at least a couple substat rolls go in the right places. I only take pieces to +4 or +8 to check substat rolls if I have multiple decent options at that moment and I'm trying to decide which to use. Once I have +16s/+20s all filled in, I'll decide if I care enough to try to replace the +16 pieces with better ones or just take them to +20 and not bother with more artifact grinding. I often won't bother, because even getting to that point is usually pushing the limit of my desire to grind artifacts.

But I don't particularly care about the abyss. I sometimes do one run through to see how far I get, and that's that. My character building goals in genshin usually revolve around playing around with new characters or different team comps, so I'm always more interested in getting new characters leveled than getting old ones a little more optimized. Most of my resin goes into things other than artifacts. Only in lull times when I have no new characters to level do I sometimes try to get better pieces. But those are also often times I take breaks from genshin to play other games.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Navia feels like a loving God in this abyss lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh hey Mona's back.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The floor 12 hydro tulpa is supposed to have 3 million HP but it did not feel that sturdy. Is there a mechanic I'm not understanding? Or is abusing nahida vs a hydro infused enemy just that strong? (I used Cyno Beidou Nahida Baizhu)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

The floor 12 hydro tulpa is supposed to have 3 million HP but it did not feel that sturdy. Is there a mechanic I'm not understanding? Or is abusing nahida vs a hydro infused enemy just that strong? (I used Cyno Beidou Nahida Baizhu)
Hydro Tulpa has basically no resistances other than Hydro immunity; every resistance is just 10%, so Deepwood Memories will shred his Dendro resist into the negatives and amplify all the damage he takes. He gains 45% resistances to everything in his enhanced state, which happens when he absorbs one of the little guys. However, that state only lasts for a single attack, and he attacks pretty fast, and odds are you're preventing him from absorbing the little guys anyway.

So he's got a ton of HP and hits really hard but he's got paper-thin defenses and is permanently infused with the best element in the entire game for enabling high damage reactions. I'd say he melts easily, but that's the one high damage reaction you can't inflict on him. :v:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

rio posted:

Navia feels like a loving God in this abyss lol

Navias great but I hate every member of her team except her lol

Throwing in my lot with that Chiori crystal support healer someone posted a bit ago. Where "my lot" would be, like, that "manifesting" thing people do (very powerful). That would free up the slots taken by Zhong and Benny, leaving room for...? None of off-field pyros do anything here and Xiangling needs even more energy now :(

Ah, I see. Arlechinno will be the Yelan of pyro! Then Pyro archon will be, the Furina of pyro! Everyone will be sad, except me

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
"Things are about to get dicey!" -Arlecchino (it's not unoriginal because the pun is different)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

MoonCrab posted:

Ah, I see. Arlechinno will be the Yelan of pyro! Then Pyro archon will be, the Furina of pyro! Everyone will be sad, except me

Not just you, I said basically this weeks ago. Then the whole thread got mad and called me homophobic. :v:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It strikes me as comedic exaggeration.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Navias great but I hate every member of her team except her lol

Throwing in my lot with that Chiori crystal support healer someone posted a bit ago. Where "my lot" would be, like, that "manifesting" thing people do (very powerful). That would free up the slots taken by Zhong and Benny, leaving room for...? None of off-field pyros do anything here and Xiangling needs even more energy now :(

I went into this abyss with Navia/Geo MC/Kokomi/Yae as my Navia team using ok-ish artifacts, free/standard banner weapons, no cons on anyone except GMC, and a rotation that boiled down to "just press stuff whenever, I guess". First time ever even seeing hydro tulpa. Easily 36-starred first try. Felt like it did pretty well. You don't have to run Benny/Xiangling. I refuse to use either of them for any team at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The Pyro archon will be Big Bennett