Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We can still get two teams in boys!

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1741616106765242774?t=Dumyc_PGdKicnUvOpgTksA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

But I want to fire my coach and draft higher!

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
this shitarse division getting more than one team into the playoffs is a colossal HAHAHAHA YOU SUCK to every other division, so for all i want dennis allen fired, i'm also sickos yes hahaha yes about the prospect.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
And hey, if the Saints get embarrassed in the playoffs maybe Allen gets canned anyways. Win-win!

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
My only argument for keeping him is lack of candidates. His defense will be worse next year because it'll get older and there's no money to reload it. I don't think it will be bad, but it's all just buying time to lose later if Pete comes back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MJBuddy posted:

My only argument for keeping him is lack of candidates. His defense will be worse next year because it'll get older and there's no money to reload it. I don't think it will be bad, but it's all just buying time to lose later if Pete comes back.

I think Pete's taking the axe no matter what, and we're getting rid of the Payton offense.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
worst case scenario is all the coaches come back bc they all end up around 8 wins :smith:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Relentlessboredomm posted:

worst case scenario is all the coaches come back bc they all end up around 8 wins :smith:

NFC South 2024: Here We Go Again

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

NFC South 2024: Here We Go Again

all the teams are so bad so we keep losing to each other and keep the bad coaches alive

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

all the teams are so bad so we keep losing to each other and keep the bad coaches alive

"Sure, we went 6-11 this year, but at least he went 6-0 in the division and swept these other losers" - any of our teams next year

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I just realized something, there will be three full sets of NFC South championship gear produced next week. Two of them will be boxed up and shipped to Abu Dhabi with Nermal.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Against the Jaguars you say...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kalensc posted:

Against the Jaguars you say...

I don't want to play a triple crown champion.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't want to play a triple crown champion.

Teams are usually pretty pumped to play against bums.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Silly Burrito posted:

Saints win, we're exactly average.

Ahh yes, the quintessential Derek Carr experience

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Takk mckinley

they got such a great post-draft interview out of that one though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GszG-3Y0Wo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I just realized something, there will be three full sets of NFC South championship gear produced next week. Two of them will be boxed up and shipped to Abu Dhabi with Nermal.

I think the NFL is just gonna send the winner some rainbow star "you did it" stickers

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Barudak posted:

I think the NFL is just gonna send the winner some rainbow star "you did it" stickers

These teams are so aware of how bad they are, none of them are going to show up to the first round of playoffs anyway. Regardless of their results they'll just assume they didn't make it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

These teams are so aware of how bad they are, none of them are going to show up to the first round of playoffs anyway. Regardless of their results they'll just assume they didn't make it.

They'll only find out they were supposed to have played once Goddell sends them the fine for missing the game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

They'll only find out they were supposed to have played once Goddell sends them the fine for missing the game

Three teams in the NFC South angrily pointing fingers at each other saying "I thought you were supposed to go" while trying not to wakeup the Panthers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shinji2015 posted:

We're gonna boycott the game like FSU should have.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Can't show up because people will know we suck?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MJBuddy posted:

Can't show up because people will know we suck?

It will remain an eternal mystery.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1741916372773360089

Go Packers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iqLhdInGrk

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

With the way the Panthers played yesterday I'm confident Tampa will beat us by 30. Every panthers defensive coordinator for about a decade now seems content to leave Evans in single coverage and our offensive line was horrendous against a middling jacksonville pass rush.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

god i hope the bucs lose so we can get ride of Bowles. and if we win i hope the saints somehow sneak into the playoffs as well so they're also stuck with their garbage coach

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

With the way the Panthers played yesterday I'm confident Tampa will beat us by 30. Every panthers defensive coordinator for about a decade now seems content to leave Evans in single coverage and our offensive line was horrendous against a middling jacksonville pass rush.

Shaquill Griffin was getting roasted too, so if Jaycee doesn't play again I could see it getting really ugly.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

god i hope the bucs lose so we can get ride of Bowles. and if we win i hope the saints somehow sneak into the playoffs as well so they're also stuck with their garbage coach

Apparently Bowles isn't safe unless the Bucs win a playoff game or are very competitive. The owners apparently don't view winning the NFCS as much of an accomplishment and hell, they're not wrong.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Apparently Bowles isn't safe unless the Bucs win a playoff game or are very competitive. The owners apparently don't view winning the NFCS as much of an accomplishment and hell, they're not wrong.

thank god for that unfortunately there will be a lot of bad teams in the playoffs so im still worried

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

thank god for that unfortunately there will be a lot of bad teams in the playoffs so im still worried

Very true.

I'm torn on the whole thing because I'm fine with the idea of running it back with Canales and Baker but man Bowles does not inspire much.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh yeah? Well I hope you win and upset the Cowboys before getting humiliated so your stuck with him for two more seasons!

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Let's go Bucs to the NFCCG. I believe in you!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Very true.

I'm torn on the whole thing because I'm fine with the idea of running it back with Canales and Baker but man Bowles does not inspire much.

honestly just promote Canales but for the love of god shoot bowles out of cannon

Barudak posted:

Oh yeah? Well I hope you win and upset the Cowboys before getting humiliated so your stuck with him for two more seasons!

MJBuddy posted:

Let's go Bucs to the NFCCG. I believe in you!

hey! :gamefreak:

altho maybe we'll get a new years miracle and we can all get new coaches for next year. clean sweep here we gooooooooo :sweep:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Since Daniels is out of reach new crush is Penix Jr. Him dropping bombs to Evans would be amazing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Since Daniels is out of reach new crush is Penix Jr. Him dropping bombs to Evans would be amazing.

no! no!!!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

I hope the Saints lose next week and then we take him ahead of you.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I hope the Saints lose next week and then we take him ahead of you.

Sorry, you have your $150m QB, no going back!

Edit: Penix to Olave would be sick tho

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Sorry, you have your $150m QB, no going back!

Edit: Penix to Olave would be sick tho

Derek Carr can eat poo poo, let him make 150 million on the bench.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
He has I believe the highest QB rating the last like 5 weeks? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I'm mildly surprised we really haven't moved that far even at 8-8.