Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I feel so dumb. I've forgotten so much about this game, but it still owns. I wish we could fill the dojo with any animal companions we release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mercury_Storm posted:

Two problems I've noticed with the latest missions: in the assassination if you try to activate the void angel and it doesn't work, the mission is already over because you won't be able to summon the boss at the end. "Void angel is already active, defeat it first."

If the bounty objective is to "Destroy Culverin (the older weaker necramech like enemies) weak points", you have to make sure to actually do that (by shooting their arms and green points on their legs and such), because if you get to the end of the mission and more aren't spawning the mission is uncompletable.

Just ran into both of these back to back and remembered why I usually wait a month or so to try out new content.

I had a bounty objective to kill the whisper and it just sat there, invulnerable and not doing it's second phase, not allowing us to extract

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

I had a bounty objective to kill the whisper and it just sat there, invulnerable and not doing it's second phase, not allowing us to extract

What a mockery

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Someone friended me today because side they liked my fashion. :unsmith:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

is this game super buggy recently? i've been seeing a ton of UI bugs and I don't remember anything like this happening before

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

turn off the TV posted:

is this game super buggy recently? i've been seeing a ton of UI bugs and I don't remember anything like this happening before

A bit, yes. There's a bunch of stuff that's probably on a list to get hotfixed after the year end break.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea sadly it's kinda typical DE to drop a big update, squash whatever game breaking bugs there are immediately, and then kinda gradually fix (or not) the many remaining bugs over the following months/year/decade.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
why can't de just simply work through christmas and the new years, that's all i'm asking

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Can't say I have come across too many bugs here, but to be fair, the game might as well be called Effervo for me since the last update.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Dropping a big update and then loving off for a month or two is a thing to expect every winter from DE, I remember the railjack one being especially bad.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Is the incarnon market supposed to roll over tonight with the circuit? I really don’t care for the circuit, but would like to buy the latron.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Nalesh posted:

Dropping a big update and then loving off for a month or two is a thing to expect every winter from DE, I remember the railjack one being especially bad.

I remember Railjack being super janky but I also remember that just being railjack. The weird stuff I'm seeing now are things like starting a fissure exterminate with a loading screen that I've never seen before, entering alone despite being in a full squad, then briefly going to the normal loading screen and then the mission starting again but with the star chart UI active and one player in the squad missing.

The actual new content has seemed mostly bug free to me so far.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

smallmouth posted:

Is the incarnon market supposed to roll over tonight with the circuit? I really don’t care for the circuit, but would like to buy the latron.

The incarnon market ones that cost plat are always the same, they don't rotate.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

turn off the TV posted:

I remember Railjack being super janky but I also remember that just being railjack.

There's things just being buggy (which, admittedly, is something I'm used to) but this is nowhere near the hot mess of the railjack release. That was a lot at a time when there weren't exactly a string of hits to bank on.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Also I wish they'd just loving stop doing those in world missions starts like railjack, zariman, and murmur. They never work well for months after releasing them, like they just forget to grab whatever made them work properly last time they did one every single time.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Zariman was mostly fine and Whispers has been relatively smooth as well, though?

Railjack was a hot mess at release, though, I'll give you that.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Railjack has been the buggiest I've had the game since coming back. Particularly the transition from mission to mission/mission to dry dock. A couple of hard locks I had to alt+f4 out of, host mitigation making GBS threads itself and generally getting screwed out of rewards.

Zariman and Murmur Murder Jamboree have been completely fine, far more stable than the open world stuff was back when they released.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Railjack was unfortunately half baked and the dev team went through a rough period of mea culpas and about 3-4 overhauls for it. Stuff since then has mostly been pretty smooth and playable for their holiday break (a few annoying exceptions like circuit softlocks or current netracell drone issues aside).

Really the biggest roadblock these days is code changes for certain fixes needing console certification, which sometimes delays bugfixes for heinous stuff for 4+ months until the next mainline.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

gnoma posted:

The incarnon market ones that cost plat are always the same, they don't rotate.

I thought those do rotate, aren't they all of the week's SP rewards pick incarnons?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

SIGSEGV posted:

I thought those do rotate, aren't they all of the week's SP rewards pick incarnons?

The ones you can buy for plat are only the set of 5 they added later on, so it never changes.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well, that's something I didn't know.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sadness concerning the incarnon market.

Edit: Honestly I kind of liked Railjack in the beginning. The intent of it (everyone fulfilling a role) was neat--we're just not that type of community.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 31, 2023

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I've played dozens of hours of and enjoyed every iteration of railjack since 2019, but i wouldn't want to revert to any older one from what he have currently, and i still see some of the most surreal softlocks in that mode when grouping with desync-prone hosts. :allears:

e: although i really want the 10x pet size bug to come back reliably.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

Zariman was mostly fine and Whispers has been relatively smooth as well, though?

Railjack was a hot mess at release, though, I'll give you that.

If you stay as the same group rather than leaving and going in solo every time, whispers gets real loving buggy, same with zariman on release.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I've played dozens of hours of and enjoyed every iteration of railjack since 2019, but i wouldn't want to revert to any older one from what he have currently, and i still see some of the most surreal softlocks in that mode when grouping with desync-prone hosts. :allears:

e: although i really want the 10x pet size bug to come back reliably.

It's wonderful now simply because it's so doable solo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the inability to choose not to host and all the extra loading at the end means that rj is best played solo, anyway. the problem is how the best way of getting to that point is leeching some drops, but no pubbie you'd want to be matched with is playing public. so you'd better hope you have a clan that can help.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think I dodge a lot of weirdness by running as a duo with a friend, so I'm always hosting.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I think I dodge a lot of weirdness by running as a duo with a friend, so I'm always hosting.

Same except I shunt hosting duties to them, really

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

With the year coming to an end and with a bunch of new additions this year, what are everyone's favorite frames and weapons of each type?

Frame: Citrine for just having a relaxed time when I don't want to try that hard, Qorvex is fun as a late addition to the roster even if his damage is not that great (but the potential is there), Gyre for when I want to spam the hell out of abilities

Rifle: Battacor because the new augment for it is a lot of fun, Latron and Gorgon because I've always liked them style-wise and they have really good incarnons

Shotgun: Nothing has yet topped the Exergis for a big chunky feel on firing and on hitting

Pistol: Sepulcrum is still cool style-wise even if it has a bit of a hard time keeping up these days, Vasto incarnon is strong and has a great feel, Angstrum incarnon is neat for how it really changes the weapon and is fast to charge up

Melee: With tennokai a lot of weapon types got some new life and I've enjoyed messing with a lot of them and basically always run with naramon just to have that variety of weapon types available, but the ones that stand out are Keratinos for their range gimmick, Corufell for being a gunblade without the gunblades' awful basic combos, and Tenet Livia (though really take your pick of any 2h nikana) for being just all around solid, Dual Ichors are also now super busted

Archgun: I like the Morgha which was previously very weak a lot, and it gained from the buffs and having a reasonably favorable damage type for new content, but being real there are still no challengers to the Mausolon's throne

I've said before, but I like the direction the game has been going in the last year or two and look forward to what they're going to do in the future.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Frame: Dagath. Love the visceral always-be-casting murder blender she is. Kullervo and Garuda are close seconds on that front, with Gyre and Hildryn not far behind. I'm hoping one day that Valkyr gets a rework but that's probably gonna be a while.

Rifle: The Acceltra is still my go to for rifles. Probably always will be.

Shotgun: Cedo. It's visually neat and the glaive filling my screen up with numbers and explosions is always fun.

Pistol: Incarnon Lato Vandal. I'm blown away by how much I love this silly little thing, in both forms even. Most incarnon guns I only care for one or the other but with this both feel satisfying.

Melee: Dorrclave. Hits all my buttons what with it being a big hook-esque cleaver thing with a sickle, the fact it's good with a neat gimmick just makes it even better. I wanted to like to Corufell but the stance feels like crap.

Archgun: Haven't actually done much with them since the update. Hoping the Mandonel will feel nice, but if not, well there's always the Mausolon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Frames: There's been a bunch of new approaches to frames this year for me. Resonance/Gloom Banshee, Nourish/Archon Stretch Wisp, Gara's changes also had her see a lot of use. Not to mention Citrine, a new favorite. I also discovered the incredibly dumb support potential of Intrepid Stand/Nourish Styanax this afternoon. Why yes, I WOULD like 20 energy/second, viral damage and thousands of overshield.

Rifle: I only use rifles under duress. The Stahlta can be fun, though.

Shotgun: Felarx, Kuva Drakgoon, and the triumphant Incarnon return of my favorite gun, the Boar Prime.

Secondary: Ocucor with the new augment might be the best gun in my arsenal for most things, the always-popular Kuva Nukor, and a late-runner for it's 7-element dumbassery, the Akbronco Prime

Melee: My beloved, the Wolf Sledge.

Archgun: The Corvas Prime has really surprised me in how kill-y it can be, so that's been fun.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Did some dumb poo poo tonight and felt like sharing the results...

Slapped four tauforged purple shards on Baruuk, with the melee crit bonus. 12.5x crit damage on his 4. Melee Exposure on the stat stick. He's casually dropping six-or-seven figure crits across an entire room. It's wonderfully silly. :allears:

I also tried to slap a Tennokai mod on the fists and it obviously didn't work (the waves don't proc the tennokai attack), which I kind of expected, but I wanted to do the science.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

My favorite everything is cross-save. I'm still regaining competency in the game, but I still love my Gram Prime and Ignis Wraith, and I've got Khora Prime cooking right now.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Frame: Oberon as a general "nobody is dying today" measure, Archon Shards have only further enhanced my love of the Warframe I more or less started with back in 2014. There's utility in having a haven against status, significant healing and a Helminthed in Dispensary for additional support and energy maintenance purposes.

Rifle: Tenet Ferrox (it uses the rifle mods) for the sheer stylistic enjoyment of having a wizard's staff you can throw down and railgun folks with.

Shotgun: Kuva Kohm is a beloved machine that turns ammunition into slash procs. Honorable mention goes to the Felarx for being the Felarx.

Pistol: Cyanex is the ultimate Itano Circus macrospammer and is the one case where I can justify the usage of Primed Quickdraw.

Melee: My custom built Nikana Zaw. The thing's built for crit and with the combo of Exodia Contagion and the new Tennokai stuff like Dreamer's Wrath and Melee Animosity I haven't encountered anything that can survive a few swipes with the drat thing. Love it to bits.

Archgun: Gosh the Larkspur is great and I really do need to forma the Larkspur Prime to get it within Mausolon range of effectiveness. Did try the Mandonel and that's a fun time as well.

I love Warframe so much despite its jank and flaws and I'm looking forward to whatever absolute madness is coming up with the new year!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Frame: Kullervo. There's just something satisfying about tapping a button and instantly deleting whatever I'm aiming at.

Rifle: I keep coming back to the Soma. Kitted out it just hurls absurd numbers of bullets down range with easy crits and good sound.

Shotgun: Corinth. Big, meaty sound, underslung grenade launcher for groups. It's just satisfying.

Pistol: Mechanically I should probably say something else, but I love my Twin Kohmaks. They're fun and are absurd proc machines, particularly against clustered groups.

Melee: If I'm running most frames, the Gunsen. They're fast, effective, and great for spamming quick attacks. If I'm running Kullervo, Corufell. Kullervo's easy super-crits combine hilariously with 30m of infinite punch-through.

Archgun: Haven't really touched them lately, but it's hard to go wrong with the Larkspur.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Frame: Grendel, because I love low-effort health tanks in this game, and he's one of them, with a cool design and some fun skills. Gobbling up enemies to spit them out at each other never gets old. And while I dreaded the redesign, as og Grendel was an insanely good SP frame, Pablo did a magnificent job and the (sad) limit on belly capacity is more than made up by the huge buff to Nourish whish makes Grendel a team player now. Add in the easy full armour strip on 4 and better control of the Samus morphball and his kit is pretty well rounded(!). The big fella even got primed.

Rifle: Braton Vandal Incarnon. This thing (primed) shreds, and I actually shed a tear of joy when trying it out the first time, because the Braton has a huge nostalgia factor, and the Vandal variant felt like xmas when the final part finally dropped from ESO years ago as I was grinding focus trees. Honourable mentions to the Tenora Prime (brrrRRRRRRRRR) and Kuva Quartakk (the rifle-shotgun hybrid).

Shotgun: Corinth Prime. The shotgun itself is just a good punchy one, but the grenade alt-fire elevates it well above the competition. There's something intensely satisfying in raising the muzzle to estimate the travel arc and fire-detonate the projectile.

Pistol: Sporelacer secondary (with pax charge). With its low effort acidic explosions all over the place, big numbers and infinite ammo, this thing is one of those weapons who managed to sneak through the aoe nerf. I rarely go out without it, it's just a huge convenience as an alternative weapon, particularly since I love rifles and there are times when they're just no longer appropriate.

Melee: Tenet Exec. Just a big hulking double sword, with some kind of 40k chainsword vibes. It also does damage waves on slams, which is useless but looks pretty in pink. And by virtue of requiring 5 more forma for full mastery, it has a ton of capacity and fits the umbral mods without any effort. It's not ideal in damage distribution, with a lot of impact, but on the flip side that means I get lots of mercy kill prompts on HP sponges, so eh. I also can't remember the details of why, but one day I did a headshot challenge with only the Exec (probably a riven, but maybe nightwave). In the, uh, spin-to-win stance for heavy blades, there's an attack on the hold-right-button chain that consists in a jump forward with an overhead smack. Apparently, a headsmash counts as a headshot.

Archgun: Kuva Grattler. It just looks awesome and the projectile explosion makes it cosy when mobs don't cooperate and refuse to line up by themselves.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Frame: Still Zephyr. Mobility is king in this game, and I hate going without Zephyr's aerial capabilities. Turbulence (and other recent buffs) provides functional immortality, Tornado is great crowd control/defense, and I drop a Helminth power onto Airburst. I still haven't really settled on what to keep there: Pillage for armor strip, or Xata's Whisper for moar damage. I alternate according to mission.

Rifle: The Trumna seems to be able to handle just about anything. Finding the best mod combinations was a little strange, but I've got it tearing up the Steel Path no sweat, and I don't even have a riven for it. The new Reinforced Bond sent it to the moon with that free 60% fire rate.

Shotgun: The Bubonico, because gently caress you and everything in your area code. As a runner up, the Rauta is just fun to shoot, thanks to the great SFX on the shots and reloads. It's not the sweatiest weapon in my arsenal, but I'm making it my project.

Pistol: Tenet Plinx, I just think it's neat. It hits hard, has unlimited ammo, and has some room clearing potential. It's a great backup if I'm in a pinch for supplies, which is usually why I have my pistol out. I'm not really big on using my secondaries much, so mostly I'm motivated by cool laser gun. Pew pew!

Melee: The Masseter Regular is unpopular, so it has a super good riven disposition. Hilariously, this makes it leagues better than the Masseter Prime, as well as most of the other good heavy blades going around. It's my secret weapon!

Archgun: Just to give a different answer, I'm very pleased with the Cortege. Big ol' flamethrower. It probably doesn't stack up to the Mausolon but it's more fun to clear a room with it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Also I love my (currently only) 4-Forma Gorgon.

Machine Gun go brrrrttt

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Weekly invigoration for Kullervo: +200% melee crit chance and immunity to status effects. :stare:

Kullervo is really silly. Gotta love the !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Frame: I don't usually favor one frame because I like tweaking and fine tuning stuff to fit different mission types. But if I'm going blind into something I think will be challenging I go with Xaku due to how generically strong they are. And lately been having a ton of fun with Voruna and her 4 augment, which is a great mix of speed and kill in missions where you don't have any extra objectives.

Gun: Phantasma Prime. I enjoy beam weapons the most and Phantasma is the best of the bunch. More heat procs than you'll ever need. Distinct sound fx and weapon feel. Negligible reload time and huge range with Galvanized Acceleration.

Melee: Cobra & Crane. It's not the best performing melee but I really like the visual style of all of Baruuk's stuff.