Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

bsaber posted:

Cryptomator might fit the bill.
That looks like exactly what I need; thanks! I'm going to wait out BoxCryptor's announcements to see how badly they downgrade everyone on their way to becoming DropBox customers, but my exit is a matter of "if" not "when".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

This is a question about SMTP.

People at work keep emailing my personal address. I forward those emails to work so I can reply from the right address, and they get stuck in some kind of weird Microsoft quarantine nobody knows about. This almost prevented me from getting hired at this place, because they didn't know about the quarantine, and thought I was ignoring them.

This is probably happening elsewhere.

I asked around and they said it's probably happening because I don't have DMARC set up. I never set that up because it looks like I need to set up DKIM first. I never set up DKIM, because my vanity domain is just going through Gmail, and it looks like DKIM requires me paying far out the rear end for Google Workspace.

It's felt for a while like running email to my own domain was a hobby I would get squeezed out of due to anti-spam measures ramping up the maintenance costs beyond my ability to manage in my spare time. Maybe this is that point. Or maybe I'm missing something obvious! Any opinions?

e: good grief, I've been running this domain for 25 years now.

cruft fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 30, 2023

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

cruft posted:

This is a question about SMTP.

People at work keep emailing my personal address. I forward those emails to work so I can reply from the right address, and they get stuck in some kind of weird Microsoft quarantine nobody knows about. This almost prevented me from getting hired at this place, because they didn't know about the quarantine, and thought I was ignoring them.

This is probably happening elsewhere.

I asked around and they said it's probably happening because I don't have DMARC set up. I never set that up because it looks like I need to set up DKIM first. I never set up DKIM, because my vanity domain is just going through Gmail, and it looks like DKIM requires me paying far out the rear end for Google Workspace.

It's felt for a while like running email to my own domain was a hobby I would get squeezed out of due to anti-spam measures ramping up the maintenance costs beyond my ability to manage in my spare time. Maybe this is that point. Or maybe I'm missing something obvious! Any opinions?

As you point out the anti-spam keeps ramping up. Some places apply a huge negative value to anything that looks like a Cloud IP or a consumer ISP IP. Even if you jump through every hoop you still could be quarantined because they think you're faking it. But that shouldn't happen if you're coming from Gmail. I'm surprised you aren't considered grandfathered into the old Workspaces? Or did you just never use it for that?

More I think about it the odder this sounds. If it's all through gmail it 'should just work' I've never heard of a problem with that with my half dozen or so vanity domains that I use. Can you explain a bit more about your workflow? How are you forwarding the email to work then not seeing a quarantine?

Is this what's happening:
A Mails Home
You forward to Work
Work mails A
Email get's quarnateed at A?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Hughlander posted:

As you point out the anti-spam keeps ramping up. Some places apply a huge negative value to anything that looks like a Cloud IP or a consumer ISP IP. Even if you jump through every hoop you still could be quarantined because they think you're faking it. But that shouldn't happen if you're coming from Gmail. I'm surprised you aren't considered grandfathered into the old Workspaces? Or did you just never use it for that?

More I think about it the odder this sounds. If it's all through gmail it 'should just work' I've never heard of a problem with that with my half dozen or so vanity domains that I use. Can you explain a bit more about your workflow? How are you forwarding the email to work then not seeing a quarantine?

Is this what's happening:
A Mails Home
You forward to Work
Work mails A
Email get's quarnateed at A?

Okay, sure. Let's pretend my domain is "example.org".

• I have gmail set up so that I can send email out as cruft@example.org
  • I've got a TXT record on example.org saying "v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all"
  • I have a TXT record on _DMARC.example.org saying "v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:cruft@example.org; ruf=mailto:cruft@example.org; fo=s; aspf=s"
  • Mail goes out with "From: Cruft McCruftykins <cruft@example.org>"
  • But the SMTP envelope says "MAIL FROM: unprofessional@gmail.com"

According to the postmaster at work, the big problems are that the SMTP envelope doesn't match the From header, and that DMARC does not provide DKIM.

Also Google is on a couple blacklists. I'm sure they have an entire team who pretty much tries to stay off blacklists all day :(

e: oh, hey, to answer your actual question:

ee: I found some more information. It looks like changing the SPF failure policy to hard fail (-all), and the DMARC policy to p=reject might help. I'll try that and report back in 6 hours when my TXT record expires :sigh:

cruft fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 30, 2023

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

cruft posted:

Okay, sure. Let's pretend my domain is "example.org".

• I have gmail set up so that I can send email out as cruft@example.org
  • I've got a TXT record on example.org saying "v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all"
  • I have a TXT record on _DMARC.example.org saying "v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:cruft@example.org; ruf=mailto:cruft@example.org; fo=s; aspf=s"
  • Mail goes out with "From: Cruft McCruftykins <cruft@example.org>"
  • But the SMTP envelope says "MAIL FROM: unprofessional@gmail.com"

According to the postmaster at work, the big problems are that the SMTP envelope doesn't match the From header, and that DMARC does not provide DKIM.

Also Google is on a couple blacklists. I'm sure they have an entire team who pretty much tries to stay off blacklists all day :(

e: oh, hey, to answer your actual question:

ee: I found some more information. It looks like changing the SPF failure policy to hard fail (-all), and the DMARC policy to p=reject might help. I'll try that and report back in 6 hours when my TXT record expires :sigh:

Got it. Now I need to see what mine does for that same case...

So for a source without DMARC set up at all:

quote:

Received-SPF: pass (domain of gmail.com designates 209.85.167.49 as permitted sender)
Authentication-Results: atlas217.free.mail.bf1.yahoo.com;
dkim=pass header.i=@gmail-com.20230601.gappssmtp.com header.s=20230601;
spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=gmail.com;
dmarc=unknown header.from=DOMAIN2.com;
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail-com.20230601.gappssmtp.com; s=20230601; t=1701302982; x=1701907782; darn=yahoo.com;
h=to:subject:message-id:date:from:mime-version:from:to:cc:subject
:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=hE0tJudIEQ/CwWwSC+EseFqI2NmWsaYUhsG+i5uoB2c=;
b=bu3T9uo1754CSukR3KfcXPhyx0SH+USLquHrR+Ygu/qUCqP+sLl4rdHniS4liecVkS
fLhiEBqa7J7EgTIlSsjMYCM0IGAC6t2pFXTFtr0EIsX+KI7xSxv3SYLDEWqZFG/hrWep
f4ZjE5uDYbywcUKUtpywo0w0FR5NNH/afwTWyoHknbFIHO17EAafKvivg+4z6KiylSb0
+56k/p7bzG45ekPvqkAM5/rW3fXZ7XiwmVKIvisYC0QHI7HzJbVTX+s/p4H8g5Z2DoM0
WZu0vIdtKeJSmmBtK2qFLVg6DwGmqmt/Bgj+3arA/8pPAZYVMmkcYoN4u7JpBt/MDzmV
7bEQ==
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1701302982; x=1701907782;
h=to:subject:message-id:date:from:mime-version:x-gm-message-state
:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=hE0tJudIEQ/CwWwSC+EseFqI2NmWsaYUhsG+i5uoB2c=;
b=VynketkmJHTfULh59HnxsGffCUllE5rkOb860sqz+7d4yxwJSpZo7cE9JZXR1h6ugh
fmqU3ghUNuRrCyUPgBOcObqaUmxmBtiC1RKv8PB0r46Xz+JgqPVe6dm0YmwV+iCxnZhb
PIndfahhI4NVxRrGIM1xA3oQpi8PREnnt9woy3I4iorun0ZOk0waZ3NBukn5uR2EQsQQ
3yW558+3RXSnlC7gOx3WaesBr1U3mwe00Tlcvt0XclbhdzhkXHw+Civx0myVNIb83UjE
5He2F9TfKxp1sPJMTntqiMOwoAV8NjcLSjOysHH1zcuLOQeAtccPZEbXSPp9ZqhdJIqn
/bxw==

So google is giving it a DKIM signing even though dmarc says 'unknown header'

Now what's concerning to me is the domain I *THOUGHT* I had DKIM set up for says:

quote:

Received-SPF: pass (domain of gmail.com designates 209.85.167.43 as permitted sender)
Authentication-Results: atlas108.free.mail.ne1.yahoo.com;
dkim=unknown;
spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=gmail.com;
dmarc=unknown header.from=DOMAIN1;
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1701302939; x=1701907739;
h=to:subject:message-id:date:from:mime-version:x-gm-message-state
:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=7BHIuqT59UkXKgy4Zj86G2qTrcBA1onYiW0vSRo9dQk=;
b=BPQaQSqoNUi9r1+ClaBYU2fszBKfNtBcVATh5/vo9Giu9gN0SByN3yK5Wl0gf5Ma5m
YQRFAqUq9/S45I6DJK6dkGHkIk/h1jTzTgtdSqpjRX8Mts1/ksU8F07RNMvpKBT6rU0m
1417Avlmx/RMc9dPlI/hSTt1XsXgsEIf0ibI/soRUA+sXtwXNqsr/6hPHyEl7YbGroZ0
QEqcJipE+3D5MKSi88h9+/Ib0jOU+wFNNBVScZCQggDmxjxTumCWJ+VnCx0hfoGAWw74
Jg2Up6Dl9+EypVw+oyJWr1GUhZyR5maJRimr1HlaiCpPCqNQENzt5lYE5Z0snaZ8a8nw
Z4lg==

So only the X-Google-DKIM-Signature, and not the DKIM-Signature, and dkim of unknown in the Auth results block.

Great now you gave me a mystery.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Great now you gave me a mystery.

:classiclol:

You're routing through Yahoo? Or are you sending to Yahoo, and Yahoo is adding a DKIM signature? I'm confused too.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

cruft posted:

:classiclol:

You're routing through Yahoo?

Nah I mailed a yahoo account since it was the only one I could think of that wasn't hosted by google or my work where I don't want my work knowing my personal domains.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Nah I mailed a yahoo account since it was the only one I could think of that wasn't hosted by google or my work where I don't want my work knowing my personal domains.

Right, okay. I am also confused about why Google is adding a DKIM signature.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
This just reinforces why you don't self host email

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Except this really isn't self hosted. In both cases being discussed I believe google is hosting all the mail.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

It's a real pisser.

https://cfenollosa.com/blog/after-self-hosting-my-email-for-twenty-three-years-i-have-thrown-in-the-towel-the-oligopoly-has-won.html

Hughlander posted:

Except this really isn't self hosted. In both cases being discussed I believe google is hosting all the mail.

I mean, yeah. And I'll try to kludge my way into getting this working again, too. But for crying out loud, I'm just one step away from giving up on my whole domain and hoping Google never capriciously decides I've violated their TOS.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Spf says where the email is coming from, and you've got that set. Dmarc is a way for reports to get back to you for analysis of deliverability of your email and yes, you can set quarantine/drop, but really... Dkim is stamping of the email contents as being from the correct source (not source ip though).

Where you are failing is your dkim - its being stamped using the source domain of Gmail.com and not your example.org domain. If you go to workspace (or anywhere else), they'll stamp the emails with your own example.org certificates. Unfortunately, they won't do Gmail.com.

Unfortunately the answer is that you'll need to use a real hosting account for your personal domain. And yes, I know your pain - I've got my own similarly old domain and had to suck it up.

Edit: if you really want to use Dmarc, there's plenty of sites that will do free hosting of the analysis reports like cloudflare, demarcian and such, (highly recommended to do btw), and set your policy to none unless you have everything else setup correctly.

unknown fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 30, 2023

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

unknown posted:

Unfortunately the answer is that you'll need to use a real hosting account for your personal domain. And yes, I know your pain - I've got my own similarly old domain and had to suck it up.

I did this. Now I have another question.

ProtoMail really wants me to change my MX record to go directly to them. But then I lose the ability to have one address forward to both myself and ms cruft.

Other than an extra Received header, what problem am I going to experience if I continue to have my mx record point at Gandi, and keep forwarding everything in to ProtonMail? Seems to be working just fine so far, but I don't know enough about whatever magic gubbins they're using internally.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Just setup a mail rule (assuming you can do that) in protomail that forwards a copy of mail thats originally destined to your special dualuser account name.

(at least that's what I do at pobox/fastmail)

Edit: reason to do that is mail that travels through gandi will actually fail antispam checks by default. From the perspective of protomail, a message from a Gmail account is actually coming from gandi's servers - not Gmail's server. (Gmail is a bad example since their mail will pass dkim checks, but a domain that doesn't do dkim will now fail both dkim and spf checks).

unknown fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 2, 2023

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

unknown posted:

Just setup a mail rule (assuming you can do that) in protomail that forwards a copy of mail thats originally destined to your special dualuser account name.

ProtonMail doesn't provide the sieve plugin to forward.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Is this the de facto Home Assistant thread?

I have an Aranet4 I’d like to integrate into my smart home bullshit. I’m running home assistant in a docker container on a Debian box.

The Aranet uses Bluetooth to connect. I assume this means I need either:

Something near the Aranet connected to it by Bluetooth and feeding that data to my HA container, or

A really long Bluetooth antenna reaching from the server to the room where the Aranet is, then the HA instance should pick it up.

Has anyone succeeded in getting a Bluetooth device to work on home assistant like that or any other way? An aranet4 would be cool but I don’t imagine anyone else here is a mask-wearing pervert who cares about co2 levels like i do.

\/\/ thanks! Cross posted!

tuyop fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 14, 2023

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

tuyop posted:

There's some overlap with https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635963.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Anybody got recommendations on a self hosted digital picture frame? preferably like a rasbery pi i can just put a browser on and point to something in fullscreen mode?

I have seen a few digital signage options that work with Pi but they seem kinda clunky and/or low res.

May just end up getting one with an SD Card or USB but if I dont have to update a flash drive periodically that would be great

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Nothing seems to fit the bill very well from searching around. Dakboard is $5/Mo and $25 for a preloaded microSD for a Pi. It does look very nice but also more than you might want feature wise.

e. You can just download and write the image yourself so it's just the subscription I guess - https://dakboard.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/35000125880-raspberry-pi-download-and-install-the-dakboard-os

Aware fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 15, 2023

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mr. Crow posted:

Anybody got recommendations on a self hosted digital picture frame? preferably like a rasbery pi i can just put a browser on and point to something in fullscreen mode?

I have seen a few digital signage options that work with Pi but they seem kinda clunky and/or low res.

May just end up getting one with an SD Card or USB but if I dont have to update a flash drive periodically that would be great

Would a pi in kiosk mode browsing a network share work?

This guide has you using Google photos as the share source https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/raspberry-pi-photo-frame

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

tuyop posted:

I have an Aranet4 I’d like to integrate into my smart home bullshit. I’m running home assistant in a docker container on a Debian box.

The Aranet uses Bluetooth to connect. I assume this means I need either:

Something near the Aranet connected to it by Bluetooth and feeding that data to my HA container, or

A really long Bluetooth antenna reaching from the server to the room where the Aranet is, then the HA instance should pick it up.

Has anyone succeeded in getting a Bluetooth device to work on home assistant like that or any other way? An aranet4 would be cool but I don’t imagine anyone else here is a mask-wearing pervert who cares about co2 levels like i do.

\/\/ thanks! Cross posted!

you can use an esp32 as a bluetooth extender. just load esphome on it board and plug it in the USB. it should be able to use the bluetooth on the esp32 board to connect to the bluetooth devices.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Had a first today. A couple containers on one box were freaking out that they couldn’t write to config files and lo and behold my root partition was full. I looked into it and I had 14 gigs of old docker images sitting around. I did a prune and cleared it out but never saw that before on my other machine but now I’m paranoid and thinking about a weekly cron job to keep it from happening again.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh you should do that anyway. I had the same thing happen to me on my host before I got the socks stuff softkinked over to a bigger mount.

I’m not giving that typo.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I told Docker (now podman) to write all its poo poo onto the DAS.

Actually, I just reinstalled the OS and now / is on a RAM disk. It's Alpine, and only takes 103MB for everything: about 1% of the 8GB on the Pi.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
in addition to the cron job, it might be a good reason to take a dive down the monitoring and alerting rabbit hole and create a monitor for low disk space

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017
So I've been researching setting up a Jellyfish server both for the media but also just as a little home project to learn docker and Linux tech.

I've built my own PC, so I "get" the basics of the hardware required there. What I don't really understand is what, if anything, is the difference with a NAS (ie synology) versus building a small form factor PC?

At first I just understood a NAS to basically be a HD accessible over a LAN, but I understand now that they actually have CPU and other hardware that can support things like streaming media.

So, what exactly is the difference between the two? Is the hardware in a NAS specialized in some way for streaming media or is there really no difference. Is it only form factor (accessible HD bays etc)?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
A NAS is just a machine that can provide network access to storage. The term “NAS” is just a word that describes the purpose or main responsibility of a machine.

A pi could be a NAS. Your desktop could be a NAS. A Steam Deck could be a NAS. A NAS is just a machine that can access a network, access some storage, and process requests to that storage from the network.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 30, 2023

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

Kibner posted:

A NAS is just a machine that can provide network access to storage. The term “NAS” is just a word that describes the purpose or main responsibility of a machine.

A pi could be a NAS. Your desktop could be a NAS. A Steam Deck could be a NAS. A NAS is just a machine that can access a network, access some storage, and process requests to that storage from the network.

Sorry I probably should be more specific. I guess what I mean is what is the difference between a prebuilt NAS like synology and just any other small form factor PC?

Is it just ease (no assembly, plug N play) and form factor on the big HD bay style NAS?

I'm leaning towards just buying some cheap used small form PC so I'm trying to figure out of there is any other factor I should consider than form factor and it being prebuilt?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Oysters Autobio posted:

Sorry I probably should be more specific. I guess what I mean is what is the difference between a prebuilt NAS like synology and just any other small form factor PC?

Is it just ease (no assembly, plug N play) and form factor on the big HD bay style NAS?

Yes. Modern Synology-type NAS products are literally just small PCs running Intel/AMD processors and a Linux-based OS called Diskstation Manager.

Compared to a regular cheap PC, their main advantage is the design and volume efficiency. Despite having a lightweight CPU and RAM, they have plenty of storage and often extra Ethernet ports, and a custom case with small size and easily accessibly disk bays. Very few SFF PC cases have 4+ 3.5" bays, and retail ITX motherboards are oddly expensive.

If you have room in your house and you're just stuffing the NAS in a closet or something, a normal-sized PC will do the same job for cheaper. Consider the cost of electricity where you live and do some napkin maths to figure out how much it is worth to you to save ~1W in power draw.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I grabbed a Synology last year when I was getting into this as a hobby. I don’t really use it for much - it backs up photos and is where my Paperless instance stores its files, and I back up the Proxmox VMs to it. What’s nice is since the OS is really built to do one job, it functions very well for it and tends to get support within its sphere. Backing up the stuff I wanted to Backblaze was easy and there was documentation to do it.

I’m sure if you wanted to roll your own and got TrueNAS or UnRaid it’d be the same experience.

I think the next time I do a big storage project, I’m gonna use an HBA card and roll my own on some more powerful hardware that I’ve turned into a Plex machine already.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
I upgraded from a 2-bay DS218+ to the 5-bay DS1522+ this month.

I like the synology stuff. Its online services are surprisingly reliable.

I swallow the markup because I have a little thin client for messing with and the synology is so reliable that once I figured out how to use it, it’s never been the issue when I break something. Anything essential (that doesn’t need too much power) runs on the Synology

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Finally added a raspberry pi as a cheap, low-power bootstrap wol server to wake up all my real servers in the event of a power outage.

Should have thought to do that a year ago.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Finally added a raspberry pi as a cheap, low-power bootstrap wol server to wake up all my real servers in the event of a power outage.

Should have thought to do that a year ago.

Or you can set the BIOS to power on automatically after a power loss? A Pi seems so overkill for that.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Or you can set the BIOS to power on automatically after a power loss? A Pi seems so overkill for that.

Nah, I want them to wait 5 minutes to ensure a consistent power supply and no brown outs. I can do that with a 300 second wait on the wol script on the Pi. So the straightforward "turn back on as soon as you have power" is not the solution.

Edit: Plus now that I think about it, I can setup a secondary vpn on this little device in case I need to try to manually log in and start bootstrapping stuff remotely if they fail to boot or someting while away.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 1, 2024

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nitrousoxide posted:

Edit: Plus now that I think about it, I can setup a secondary vpn on this little device in case I need to try to manually log in and start bootstrapping stuff remotely if they fail to boot or someting while away.

My friend, have you heard of pikvm

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

NAS stands for Network Attached Storage. To be a NAS, a box needs to be attached to the network, and provide storage.

Some folks use the spare CPU cycles for other services.

Synology is more like a Consumer Off-The-Shelf homelab. But for historical reasons, it's still called a NAS. Like how I'm typing this on a pocket computer that, for historical reasons, everyone still calls a telephone.

HTH :)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I'd like to note Synology also makes routers, not only NAS. I think they use the same OS. I still enjoy my rt2600!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Does anyone have any recommended super cheap video cards for a server who's cpu doesn't have an integrated GPU? The super old gpu I had dropped in there to let me access the bios/uefi if needed kicked the bucket and now I need a new one.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nitrousoxide posted:

Does anyone have any recommended super cheap video cards for a server who's cpu doesn't have an integrated GPU? The super old gpu I had dropped in there to let me access the bios/uefi if needed kicked the bucket and now I need a new one.

ARC A310.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Nitrousoxide posted:

If all you need is video out then you can find old Radeon HD cards for like :10bux: all day long on ebay/marketplace that came out of workstations and servers for exactly this purpose.