Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Not food related, but I've always wanted to get one of those Exit the game advent calenders.

My only worry is I'm busy enough that I'm gonna miss multiple days at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

BigRed0427 posted:

Not food related, but I've always wanted to get one of those Exit the game advent calenders.

My only worry is I'm busy enough that I'm gonna miss multiple days at a time.

Think of getting to do 2-3 of them as a little reward for yourself for being so busy. It’s a treat, not an obligation.

If we’re sharing nerdy rear end millennial ways to treat yourself : have you tried one of those giant wooden kits that makes a rubber band machinegun or a globe or whatever? Absolute peak Zen-out podcast/music chill activity.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The old episodes where Alex does his Gingrich impersonation are so jarring.

Edit: Also lol at listening to FO episodes again and Dan worrying about praising Mark Bankston, citing Beto as a reason.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 20, 2023

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Have the Alex Jones victims managed to get any of the money out of Jones yet?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
No

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The thought of Alex Jones as intellectual forebear of the maga movement in a theoretical trump 2 presidency a la karl marx for the russian revolution

Is horrifying on a visceral level

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Why would you put that in my head? The more I think about the more plausible it becomes.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The 30 minute stretch where Alex is forced to fill time until they can get Stone on is pretty good by modern Alex standards.

Jordan: Have you ever told a story about yourself to yourself?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Guys, I'm farting for my life

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Why would you put that in my head? The more I think about the more plausible it becomes.

Because that is what dan and jordan put into my head with the bit where alex covers how close he is to the trump white house and how trump 2 would be a full blown infowars presidency

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

rotinaj posted:

Because that is what dan and jordan put into my head with the bit where alex covers how close he is to the trump white house and how trump 2 would be a full blown infowars presidency

I mean, he's also probably lying.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Lying about being important, probably. The concept of an Infowars presidency isn't too far off truth though. Only thing I would likely argue with about the thought is that in the wider right wing infosphere Jones is just one of many sources all peddling the same bullshit instead of being The Man.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean, he's also probably lying.

Is he? Even if Alex isn’t directly responsible for much if anything personally, trump’s closest advisors are all folks who adore the jonesian mindset, like stephen miller, steve bannon, jason miller, stephen cheung…

A 2024 trump presidency will absolutely be the infowars presidency, even if AJ has no real power or influence.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

rotinaj posted:

Is he? Even if Alex isn’t directly responsible for much if anything personally, trump’s closest advisors are all folks who adore the jonesian mindset, like stephen miller, steve bannon, jason miller, stephen cheung…

A 2024 trump presidency will absolutely be the infowars presidency, even if AJ has no real power or influence.

Yes because all those people have moved far beyond alex and were during the last Trump presidency. Stephen Miller was an out white nationalist and has been basically his entire career.

Yeah they'll have overlap but to call it a infowars presidency feels like you're buying into Alex's myth making to a degree when really this just just the same insane incomprehensible madness of racist reactionaries that has always been. They're part of the same crowd but they're not shaped into Alex. The far right has always been full of conspiracy freaks and losers using it to push and barely mask racist agendas.

I mean Alex's entire deal is cribbing from previous insane right wing conspiracy groups and ideologues like the birchers and general anti-communist and satanic panic poo poo. This isn't the right conforming to alex this is them just being what they always were on the far edge.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 30, 2023

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
This interview episode is pretty good. Guest seems knowledgeable and she and Jordan have a good rapport and he's genuinely into their work.

Except when they go off on tangents where they just list Kanye albums and song titles to each other. None of that means anything to me.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I really enjoyed it as well, and honestly, listening to those tangents just makes me think they should do a music podcast together

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Oh Jordan. You gotta read past the first paragraph about the Hundred Flowers Campaign, buddy.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Grand Fromage posted:

Oh Jordan. You gotta read past the first paragraph about the Hundred Flowers Campaign, buddy.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
It is so exhausting listening to Alex spew the same Sandy Hook trial talking points again and again. If I've heard it this many times through KF, god know's how many times he's actually done the rant. HE must be getting bored of it by now.

Fake Edit / Spoiler: He is a narcissist and will never be bored of it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

You see, if he repeats it enough times, it will become true( enough to his listeners so they can give him more money).

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Listening to the current episode and it just occurred to me that Alex’s fictional PR firm that is ruining his reputation is Dan and Jordan. AJ’s conspiracy brain has interpreted Knowledge Fight as some sort of globalist cut-out.

I mean, probably not, but I am saying it now, just in case.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
On the one hand, it's a line he's picked up from Musk because he's trying to appeal to that audience now that he's back on Twitter.

On the other hand, whether or not he believes the things that he says is a question the podcast has been trying to answer for almost a decade and we still don't know, so who fuckin knows if he honestly thinks a PR firm tried to ruin his life.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Froghammer posted:

On the one hand, it's a line he's picked up from Musk because he's trying to appeal to that audience now that he's back on Twitter.

On the other hand, whether or not he believes the things that he says is a question the podcast has been trying to answer for almost a decade and we still don't know, so who fuckin knows if he honestly thinks a PR firm tried to ruin his life.

He’s definitely said it for awhile before the musk interview. I always thought he meant the law firm that brought the connecticutt suit.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I have a theory that AJ only has a “scrolled by headline” level of understanding of anything in his life. Everything else is improvised backfill. That’s why I keep saying AJ probably doesn’t know Dan and Jordan’s names: he’d half to be present in the moment long enough to listen to an episode. He’s just had Knowledge Fight half-rear end explained to him by a flunkie or something.

I do not underestimate Alex Jones’ capacity for incuriosity and just assuming wild poo poo.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Marsupial Ape posted:

I have a theory that AJ only has a “scrolled by headline” level of understanding of anything in his life. Everything else is improvised backfill. That’s why I keep saying AJ probably doesn’t know Dan and Jordan’s names: he’d half to be present in the moment long enough to listen to an episode. He’s just had Knowledge Fight half-rear end explained to him by a flunkie or something.

I do not underestimate Alex Jones’ capacity for incuriosity and just assuming wild poo poo.
If he doesn't know the names of the kids that died at Sandy Hook he absolutely does not know Dan and Jordan's names

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Succinct. Thank you.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Depends on how much chili he's eaten on any given day.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

0konner posted:

He’s definitely said it for awhile before the musk interview. I always thought he meant the law firm that brought the connecticutt suit.

Pretty sure he literally doesn't mean anything it's just a random thing he can claim to be the globalists targeting him, he just didn't bother with coming up with an actual target to blame

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Dan heckled him outside in the Connecticut trial and was in the room for his deposition, Alex definitely knows Dan. Probably not Jordan though as anything but the screechy sidekick.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Jordan was the heckler iirc but your point still stands.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My theory is that AJ knows everything about Jordan, but inexplicably nothing about Dan.

E: I like the Dore episode but my god he is obnoxious and weasely. “Wehhhh culture doesn’t know about the world economic forum yet knows about an actress”

teen witch fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jan 2, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is jimmy dore the antivax comedian who lost his mind over Covid that Dave Anthony of the dollop has been feuding with?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Jimmy Dore is, spiritually speaking, an unripe banana dipped in mayonnaise and served on a paper plate

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Marsupial Ape posted:

Jimmy Dore is, spiritually speaking, an unripe banana dipped in mayonnaise and served on a paper plate

Sure but I am trying to make sure I am not confusing him with another lunatic

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

God, I still find it bone-chilling to think back on just how many of my leftist friends took Jimmy Dore seriously as a political thinker well into 2021 and 2022. I have no idea if they are still into him because I eventually just gave up trying to convince them that he seemed like a disingenuous rear end in a top hat, but at least now I know that I wasn't being too paranoid about how uncomfortable he made me.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

rotinaj posted:

I’m sorry, I was making a generalized statement.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

rotinaj posted:

Is jimmy dore the antivax comedian who lost his mind over Covid that Dave Anthony of the dollop has been feuding with?

He's not the only one, but yes.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

rotinaj posted:

Literally every second of his show has his name in shot at least twice

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
He looks like an evil Joe Pera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Oh. I was thinking of the British-Irish stand up comedian Jimmy Carr.