Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

You'd have to add half the forum to your ignore list to not see the replies since we're all very dumb and keep talking to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Black Lighter posted:

Every Eagles game where the defense looks like dogshit is one that helps ensure that he won't be named DC for the next season. There are worse Ls to take.
lol, he’ll have the “I didn’t get to implement my scheme so of course it sucks” argument.

Bootloafus
Apr 5, 2009

giblet gravy

I could never. I like his birdposting and also the sound of teeth being ground into dust.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Matt Patricia has like bottom 3 vibes of any prominent coaching name currently employed in the NFL. Just a bad omen wherever he goes.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why hasn't someone snapped his stupid little pencil yet

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/1741863087945163055?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Sirianni or Daboll?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rivera keeping his job.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There is zero chance it's Daboll. Siriani would be nuts a year out from the super bowl though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think Howie is smart enough to know that Sirianni doesn’t have It and that the magic beans left town with Steichen. Sirianni seems like he is a giant rear end in a top hat to the degree that he has worn out his welcome and patience.

I don’t think Daboll gets fired after 2 seasons and that improbable playoff run last year.

Edit: if it is Sirianni I hope the Eagles hire Steichen’s OC from Indy to continue that weird cycle that they have going.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 1, 2024

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What is the argument for firing Siriani? Is it just Philly fans being insane?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

FizFashizzle posted:

They’re slightly disappointing coming off a super bowl run! So yes

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He saw his team struggling and promoted Matt Patricia. That's enough

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The eagles have looked bad against questionable teams and are a couple bounces going the other way from being a .500 team

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Edit: if it is Sirianni I hope the Eagles hire Steichen’s OC from Indy to continue that weird cycle that they have going.

Head Coach Jim Bob Cooter

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

FizFashizzle posted:

He’s a dumb rear end in a top hat who benefited off a great roster and coordinators

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Josina Anderson is a hack, so probably nothing unexpected happens.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think Sirianni is getting fired this season but I think next season will be make or break. They went into this year having lost their OC and DC and their replacements have been godawful. They run vanilla, uninspired schemes and they're getting eaten alive on defense. It wouldn't kill them to blitz once in a while and stop putting Reddick in pass protection all the drat time. It's just bad.

The team is also kinda at a crossroads with several key vets from the SB52 team staring down retirement. Players aren't saying much but supposedly the players aren't happy with the how things are being ran. And you can't fire all the players.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Head Coach Jim Bob Cooter
That might actually get me to root for the Eagles in situations other than “is playing against the Patriots in the Super Bowl”.

FizFashizzle posted:

His first year he insisted on being the offensive play caller, which he had never done in his career before. The offense was awful. He eventually passed play calling off to Steichen; the offense finally looked competent. This year, with Steichen gone, with an incredibly talented roster, his team keeps losing games they should win. The offense has looked terrible for like two months. The perception is that the Eagles won many early season games due to talent disparity and not game planning or scheme. It just seems like he got lucky by hiring Steichen and Gannon as his coordinators and now that they are gone the team looks listless and bad.

Also he willingly hired Matt Patricia.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 1, 2024

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I guess it's not completely unprecedented for Philly to jettison an otherwise-successful coach, the last time was Doug Peterson but he at least had a few seasons of treading water at 9-7 before being bounced after a 4-11-1 season so I'm going to guess "not Sirianni" if this rumor is true.

I'm going to guess it's not true though.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

That might actually get me to root for the Eagles in situations other than “is playing against the Patriots in the Super Bowl”.

His first year he insisted on being the offensive play caller, which he had never done in his career before. The offense was awful. He eventually passed play calling off to Steichen; the offense finally looked competent. This year, with Steichen gone, with an incredibly talented roster, his team keeps losing games they should win. The offense has looked terrible for like two months. The perception is that the Eagles won many early season games due to talent disparity and not game planning or scheme. It just seems like he got lucky by hiring Steichen and Gannon as his coordinators and not that they are gone the team looks listless and bad.

Also he willingly hired Matt Patricia.

That being said, yeah also this. Man has made some baffling personnel calls year after year. The Matt Patricia hiring and weird promotion-we-aren't-calling-a-promotion to DC is by itself questionable given how the past few games have gone.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Thinking about how much eagles fans hated Gannon last year and chuckling.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's not entirely clear who is making the personnel decisions, both on and off field. It's been claimed it's Howie making the calls and Sirianni is more of a puppet. Chip and Doug were both fired due to power struggles.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Gannon took an interview call the week of the Super Bowl and then gave up 38 points, he can go gently caress himself

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Are all of you insane? I've been saying fire siranni for months now. This is the most slam dunk firing of the offseason. Dude is loving Josh McDaniels levels of franchise destroying.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Asproigerosis posted:

Are all of you insane? I've been saying fire siranni for months now. This is the most slam dunk firing of the offseason. Dude is loving Josh McDaniels levels of franchise destroying.

I wish my team was destroyed as much as the Eagles.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People make fun of Kawalius but I don’t think he’s that different than most posters here if we are being honest. Just a little ramped up

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Eagles are still very talented on offense and should have most of the pieces for next season, but they need to throw the high school playbook away. It's not all doom and gloom but they need to get it together

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

shyduck posted:

Gannon took an interview call the week of the Super Bowl and then gave up 38 points, he can go gently caress himself

Can’t believe the guy had the audacity to want a better job. Oh well, at least it all worked out okay for the Eagles.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Firing the 2nd Superbowl head coach in a 5? Year span would be incredible hubris by Howie so sure.

Also the defense falling apart is a hard thing to place blame on the coach when it's largely been the entire line is just not working or getting pressure outside Jalen carter

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Gives one a lot of faith in eagles fans coaching evaluations

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Josina Anderson is a hack, so probably nothing unexpected happens.

Didn’t she report on Michael Sam and the shower situation

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Can’t believe the guy had the audacity to want a better job.
It's against league rules and the Cards even got penalized for it, that was the problem. I'm gonna be slightly salty about that one for a while even if it wasn't truly Gannon's fault

adaz posted:

Also the defense falling apart is a hard thing to place blame on the coach when it's largely been the entire line is just not working or getting pressure outside Jalen carter
Jalen Carter has been a bit of a ghost lately. But the talent isn't there all around. Linebacker position is a black hole and the secondary is plumbers and has-beens

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Josina Anderson doesn't really "report," she just posts whatever random poo poo players and agents text her, with about a 50/50 chance of it being accurate.

Having said that, Fat Mike would be my "surprise" guess if they have another early exit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1741912639188447346?t=hjW0GXURwyJ-7oQXM4sF_Q&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Why not McCarthy if the Cowboys have another disappointing and/or hilarious playoff loss? There was some talk about Fat Mike earlier in the season (Or maybe after last year?). Pretty sure Jerry’s latest football lust is still Dan Quinn, so I could see him punting McCarthy to promote Quinn to HC.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Jerruh will lure Bill to Dallas

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

CharlestheHammer posted:

People make fun of Kawalius but I don’t think he’s that different than most posters here if we are being honest. Just a little ramped up

Anyone, not just sperglord Kawa, who complains about their highly successful team simply not winning the Superbowl every year is a spoiled bitch and needs to be called out on it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

*are notoriously cheap assholes to the detriment of the team and fans for decades*

Why is there a perception that we are cheap assholes :qq:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
While I can fully believe McCarthy is gone after a shameful first round bounce - this tweet sounds like its something already decided on and happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Is there any source or report for where the aggregator got this?