Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Rakotzbrücke in Germany

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Thought that looked familiar.

Odds on the Candy Flurry valley being what the old dude meant when he said he had plenty of sweets? Probably pretty high.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

jumanji! jumanji! jumanji!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
It seems whoever created this game wanted to ensure all new players received some physical safety, so everyone gets a helmet.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Flair posted:

It seems whoever created this game wanted to ensure all new players received some physical safety, so everyone gets a helmet.

Everyone gets a helmet and their choice of swords. Looking forward to seeing where this Jumanji board game arc goes.

Dandadan the best

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
So many great Momo faces this chapter.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019671

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh no he's hot an incredible badass

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh hey something I recognize immediately

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

suddenly somewhere kinta is hit with an intense feeling of jealousy and he has no idea why

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The knight dropped a monster candy piece tying further into what the old man was saying about sweets. I wonder if Okarun's testicle is what allows Zuma to use powers inside the game.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I thought that was Okarun in some game specific getup at first, but no - I guess his balls have a certain aesthetic.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

that was the coolest poo poo ever, love the umbrella yokai powers

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Mr Jumanji had better stick around.

I wonder why he still has powers, either the ball or maybe because it’s transformation based.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I like how this game instantly gives you a helmet, and Zuma is not even wearing it. He has it dangling off his neck.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Zuma is hot and a gentleman. Sorry Okarun, you have no chance against him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
he's one of the biggest dinguses of the characters we've met so far, however. okarun triumphs in that regard

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019719

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I like this guy.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I was starting to side-eye the momo angles we were getting in this arc, that they were addressed in the text with the purpose of establishing unji as a chivalrous idiot is dandadan staying winning

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm not seeing it. Did you accidentally flip back to chapter 1?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
personally, I'm filing a complaint because momo's new proportions at the end of the chapter are absolutely indecent!!!!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Momo has gone full gremlin and I'm here for it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kermit???

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I could not possibly be any more on board for DarkSouls-Fallguys-Jumanji-Candyland.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DANDADAN: Dark Souls Fall Guys Jumanji Candyland

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain Invictus posted:

DANDADAN: Dark Souls Fall Guys Jumanji Candyland

DANDADAN: Dark Soulguys: Fall of Jumanjiland

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I wonder if it is Saint Germain who cannot enter into the game. Perhaps only humans can enter the game? Or maybe the mysterious figure who cannot enter is another powerful entity. In either case, why is this person interested in destroying the game? Does it harbor something useful? Why does Okarun's balls allow Unji to use his powers in a game that seems to prevent people from using their powers?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I can't remember, is there something special about Okarun or his circumstances that makes his ball so magical, or could it be anyone's ball through weird ghost magic?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

As a Kermit expert, I can confirm that this is not Kermit. Just wanted to clear this up so people don't spend a long time arguing about it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I can't remember, is there something special about Okarun or his circumstances that makes his ball so magical, or could it be anyone's ball through weird ghost magic?

I'm pretty sure that it would work for anyone's ball.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
He is unique in that of the main four he's the only one we've not seen any of his family situation, so something could be introduced but so far it's just seems to be a result of Turbo Granny stealing them.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Flair posted:

I wonder if it is Saint Germain who cannot enter into the game.

Yeah it's totally him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

I'm pretty sure that it would work for anyone's ball.

I don't think it would work for mine...:(

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ytlaya posted:

I don't think it would work for mine...:(

One day, you'll find your turbo granny, I believe in you.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Rereading this, and as of wrapping up the Vamola arc, and probably a blistering hot take but this series is peak shonen. Can’t believe the author managed to make Kinta cool.

I guess objectively speaking having Reika just annihilate the aliens is slightly anticlimactic but the four page spread of her leering at the trapped army and then the punch is really, really loving good, and must have taken god knows how much effort to draw goddamn.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm a huge sucker for "monster remembers lost humanity, does something heroic unprompted" moments so that was an extremely hype moment for me :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I don’t know. It never felt anti climactic to me. Main reason being they beat the boss (barely) in an all out brawl that was filled with cool moments. but the enemy had spares we knew that. It was always going to be some deus ex machina, but tying that back to Reiko who was hanging around like a gigantic sword of Damocles above momo this entire arc, shows up at the worst time as expected but then responds to love and adds 2 amazing spreads to solve it via her pre established power set just sells it as epic to me.

Honestly, it’s perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Chapter 119 (the Reiko flashing back to WW2/heel-face-turn) actually made me tear-up a little bit, which VERY few pieces of any media have ever done. And the next chapter is immediately Jiji turning into a muppet and teaching Vamola the YUMBO and Turbo-Granny cussing everyone out. This series is too drat good.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 22, 2024