Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i feel like most bands before a certain year were dicks to nardwuar. then people started hearing about who he is and the gimmick and now he is more beloved.

The guitarist (or drummer?) in Blur was a total douche too but he apologized.

Now it’s great how beloved he is especially by hip hop artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lol is this a bit

I’m not saying it will be good, but there’s definitely space for it to be good. The Venom movies are good.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

I will never forgive Sonic Youth for being assholes to Nardwuar

:same:

How an artist treats Nardwuar is an important litmus test for their real personality.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

None that I recall, but Mike knew that Jerry O’Connell does a voice in the Trek Trivia video.

That either means he changed his mind and is watching it or he knows basic voice actor information after hanging out with Jack “Legacy Baby” Quaid all day

Weird, I'd heard they'd said something positive about it a few season in, but that may just be someone's wishful thinking.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i can imagine that at the time (early 90s) sonic youth were very anti corporate radio and when a gimmick ambush interviewer approaches you its pretty easy to imagine they are just typical radio personas or something. probably just pissed them off. i imagine all rock bands of that era (at least in the usa) were like that. but i dont know much about sonic youth drama. i just like a few of their albums (mostly the 80s and early 90s ones)

IndecisiveMexican
Feb 14, 2006
¿Pero whish one?
Dunno, if this has been mentioned here but Rich, Jay, and Mike provide full commentary for "Demon Wind" in the 2022 game High on Life.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwz6STAGWPI

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Today I learned what Nardwaur is

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

sharknado slashfic posted:

It’s the metal band with the monster costumes, right?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Some Finnish hipster with a popular 'zine?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rageaholic posted:

Why are they releasing Ghostbusters Frozen Empire during a month that won't have freezing temperatures :confused:

It's 2024 there are no more months with freezing temperatures.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gripweed posted:

It’s the metal band with the monster costumes, right?

I honestly thought they were talking about a band like Gwar until I googled it heh

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

IndecisiveMexican posted:

Dunno, if this has been mentioned here but Rich, Jay, and Mike provide full commentary for "Demon Wind" in the 2022 game High on Life.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwz6STAGWPI
it has, but thank you

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gripweed sounds like one of those astroturfing bots

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

rewatching die hard 2 and sadler is doing the nude tai chi scene. lovin 2024

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Die Hard 2 is probably the worst die hard (of the original 3) but it's also very fun.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

ZeusCannon posted:

Die Hard 2 is probably the worst die hard (of the original 3) but it's also very fun.

agreed. it really really wants to be die hard 1 so bad. i have a theory that (at least for the 1st 3 films) when john mcclane is estranged from his wife, the films are better. he just loves his wife too much for die hard 2 to be a good film. sad really

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

rewatching die hard 2 and sadler is doing the nude tai chi scene. lovin 2024

I just watched that the other day and wondered if the michael rooker nude scene in mallrats was a parody of it

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

TIP posted:

I just watched that the other day and wondered if the michael rooker nude scene in mallrats was a parody of it

it has to be. kevin smith is a huge die hard fan

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

The boys do a pretty good Joel and the Bots style riffing

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Kingo Ligma posted:

It buzzes me out real bad every time I remember Kim Gordon is older than me mum.

Mine too. As a teenager I thought of them as being cool kids recently out of college, when in reality the doctor was probably telling Kim it was time to consider freezing some of her eggs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

it has to be. kevin smith is a huge die hard fan

A huge die hard fan of what?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Gripweed posted:

A huge die hard fan of what?

madame web

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lol is this a bit

hi, you must be new here. that there is gripweed, he's the thread supermechagodzilla

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

agreed. it really really wants to be die hard 1 so bad. i have a theory that (at least for the 1st 3 films) when john mcclane is estranged from his wife, the films are better. he just loves his wife too much for die hard 2 to be a good film. sad really

it has naked yoga though (cant remember if we get a glimpse of BALLS)

kalel posted:

all of disney's star wars efforts since acquiring the property have been dog poo poo, but this is really wholesome and rosario dawson seems cool :frogbon:

yeah, i think she probably just had bad direction for that. like "be more stoic!!!" and "fold your arms alot cause thats what the cartoon character does"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Watching Nardwuar blow some interview subject’s mind with some question about the corner store they liked to hang out as a kid or whatever after giving them a gift of some ultra rare vinyl EP by their favourite childhood artist is just about the most wholesome thing you can watch online in this day and age.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

priznat posted:

Watching Nardwuar blow some interview subject’s mind with some question about the corner store they liked to hang out as a kid or whatever after giving them a gift of some ultra rare vinyl EP by their favourite childhood artist is just about the most wholesome thing you can watch online in this day and age.

dude took it too far when he read macklemores social security number out loud to him.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

dude took it too far when he read macklemores social security number out loud to him.

He's Macklemore, we have to know!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
"I'm here with..."

*holds mic up to Macklemore's mouth, who silently stares with a slack-jawed look*

"...Macklemore. *pulls out blue paper card* Macklemore, what can you tell me about what THIS nine-digit number means to you?"

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

don't know what a nardwuar is, and I don't care to find out, but you're cordially invited to lick me

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wait, it's that weird rear end unicorn whale!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Tough call between Die Hard 2 and 3. DH2 definitely feels cheapest of all the movies, like it was made for VHS, just complete '80s schlock, though it had a decent budget I suppose. On the other hand DH3 has that really lame twist that makes a lot of the plot completely pointless, and some really forced edgy racial tension. Feels like the original TLJ in a way, a lot of ideas for how to mix things up but no idea how to thread the needle.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Die Hard 3 is fantastic. My one criticism is at the very end where they solve the situation by just telling the cops what's going on and flying there in a helicopter but that's just the very tail of an overall excellent movie

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Sir Lemming posted:

Tough call between Die Hard 2 and 3. DH2 definitely feels cheapest of all the movies, like it was made for VHS, just complete '80s schlock, though it had a decent budget I suppose. On the other hand DH3 has that really lame twist that makes a lot of the plot completely pointless, and some really forced edgy racial tension. Feels like the original TLJ in a way, a lot of ideas for how to mix things up but no idea how to thread the needle.

disagree. 3 is much better than 2. its got jeremys iron and puzzles for starters.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Having Samuel L Jackson makes DH3 way better than 2.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
die hard 3 is a serious contender for being as good as die hard 1. die hard 2 sucks rear end

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

disagree. 3 is much better than 2. its got jeremys iron and puzzles for starters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJgOimrO2GU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the epic music as the dump trucks are driving full speed and then the guy giving the tour speech god drat

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

priznat posted:

Having Samuel L Jackson makes DH3 way better than 2.

Samuel L Jackson back when he played characters in movies instead of just being hired to be Samuel L Jackson, no less.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Nardwuar creeping out Eric Andre with Eric Andre facts until Eric broke character was fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just watched Naked Lunch and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :psyboom: