Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rageaholic posted:

Just watched Naked Lunch and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :psyboom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sL102pyaLg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Gripweed posted:

Samuel L Jackson back when he played characters in movies instead of just being hired to be Samuel L Jackson, no less.

Yeah just a guy who gets caught up in the whole thing because he doesn’t want to have to deal with a white guy getting murdered on his block, lol

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Rageaholic posted:

The book is even less coherent.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Not nearly the nudity I was expecting

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's a good flick

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

I remember going to see that in the theaters, I was on a big Cronenberg kick at the time. I should watch it again one of these days.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I remember going to see that in the theaters, I was on a big Cronenberg kick at the time. I should watch it again one of these days.

are you older than rich evans

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

confirmed for boomer

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I saw Naked Lunch in the theater in Harvard Square. Top that nerds.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe85jZhSflk

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Die Hard 3 is where I learned everything I've ever known about Chester A. Arthur.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i learned that you should fill up the 5 gallon jug full. then empty that jug into the 3 gallon jug until its full. empty the 3 gallon jug. pour the remaining 2 gallons from the 5 gallon jug into the 3 gallon jug. fill the 5 gallon jug. pour out 1 gallon into the space remaining in the 3 gallon jug leaving EXACTLY 4 GALLONS!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

trilobite terror posted:

are you older than rich evans

Nobody is older than Rich Evans

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xji_h2WDL6E

Watch for the great behind the scenes footage on set during the Muppets documentary, stay to get flashbanged by 1992 ABC commercials with Jay Mohr and Bill Cosby.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
sigh.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Quickly being convinced Disney is correct and they should be exempt from copyright expiration

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
The first movie I watched this year turned out to be The Hunt for Red October which still kicks rear end.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
only 50 or so years until star wars is public domain and it can stop

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Can’t wait for Rebel Moon starring Darth Vader

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Steampunk Vader

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
superman and batman will likely become public domain within our lifetimes :unsmigghh:

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Shaggar posted:

The first movie I watched this year turned out to be The Hunt for Red October which still kicks rear end.

Well? Did they find it

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i learned that you should fill up the 5 gallon jug full. then empty that jug into the 3 gallon jug until its full. empty the 3 gallon jug. pour the remaining 2 gallons from the 5 gallon jug into the 3 gallon jug. fill the 5 gallon jug. pour out 1 gallon into the space remaining in the 3 gallon jug leaving EXACTLY 4 GALLONS!

Much like the two dudes who always lie and always tells the truth in Labyrinth… I’ll never get it.

Also Die Hard 3 was supposed to be a Lethal Weapon sequel and once you realize that you can never unsee it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

Well? Did they find it

Stephen King got it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

superman and batman will likely become public domain within our lifetimes :unsmigghh:

They're gonna gently caress so loving hard the second it happens that the internet will self destruct (said positively)

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

They're gonna gently caress so loving hard the second it happens that the internet will self destruct (said positively)

And to be clear, you cannot find depictions of them loving now. Don’t even try to look, you’ll be wasting your time. You have to wait.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
In the future there will be whole streaming services just showing now public domain IP figures gettin' it on

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

jeeves posted:

Much like the two dudes who always lie and always tells the truth in Labyrinth… I’ll never get it.

Also Die Hard 3 was supposed to be a Lethal Weapon sequel and once you realize that you can never unsee it.

You have two gallons in the five gallon bucket, and you pour them into the three gallon bucket. Then you have a three gallon bucket with two gallons in it, leaving space for one gallon to fill it up. If you fill the five gallon bucket up again, and then pour from it into the three, only one gallon can pour out before it’s full; leaving 5-1=4 gallons in the *explodes because Hans’ brother gets bored*

I didn’t really care for die hard 3; it feels like the stupid challenges were too gimmicky. I like the twist and how they have John running all over NYC, but I wish he’d just gotten into increasingly bizarre shootouts at each place instead of the puzzles or whatever

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

jeeves posted:

If I can't ask you for the riddle answers who can I ask???

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Kingo Ligma posted:

If I asked you which Star Wars movie was best, what would you say?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

Sadly, Jeeves was killed in an alley in 2002. Most signs point to Google, but no one has made the link.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

poisonpill posted:

If I asked you which Star Wars movie was best, what would you say?

This works because there are two posters itt: the ones who always love Star Wars and the ones who always hate Star Wars.

The poster who always loves Star Wars will tell you to watch the last Jedi because it’s the deepest and most interesting movie that subverts expectations

The poster who always hates Star Wars will tell you to watch the last Jedi because it’s absolutely incomprehensible and will therefore kill any desire you have to watch another and killed the franchise, making it the best

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

redshirt posted:

Steampunk Vader

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

redshirt posted:

Sadly, Jeeves was killed in an alley in 2002. Most signs point to Google, but no one has made the link.

Don't sleep on Altavista

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
DEC is dead, long live DEC

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
I took advantage of the local cinema's tightarse tuesday and saw both Dream Scenario and Minus One today.

Both good movies in their own little way.

Only issue with Godzilla had nothing to do with the movie but the audience. I tend to avoid watching movies in the cinema that attract a heap of people, and I was surprised that there were a fair few people at this showing. For reference Dream Scenario had 10 max people, Godzilla had about 60. One person sounded like they brought a picnic hamper there was that much going on.

And also, if you're going to take your kids to a movie that is subbed
A) Make sure they can read
B) If they can't, then probably refrain from having to explain everything to them
C) And probably avoid loading up an episode of Bluey on your phone for your bored kid, with the sound on, right at the climax of the movie where they cut the sound to ramp up the tension

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

poisonpill posted:

This works because there are two posters itt: the ones who always love Star Wars and the ones who always hate Star Wars.

The poster who always loves Star Wars will tell you to watch the last Jedi because it’s the deepest and most interesting movie that subverts expectations

The poster who always hates Star Wars will tell you to watch the last Jedi because it’s absolutely incomprehensible and will therefore kill any desire you have to watch another and killed the franchise, making it the best

As one of the latter I can confirm this is true. It only took half of it to make me not ever want to see another Stars War.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

billymumphrey posted:

And also, if you're going to take your kids to a movie that is subbed
A) Make sure they can read
B) If they can't, then probably refrain from having to explain everything to them
C) And probably avoid loading up an episode of Bluey on your phone for your bored kid, with the sound on, right at the climax of the movie where they cut the sound to ramp up the tension

the sooner cinemas die entirely, the better

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

bit on the nose to have a game about gassing rats be called infestation 88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It's certainly Nazi poo poo