Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Real Mean Queen posted:

I guess my point is that it’s just both. Contradictory ideas don’t have to be for different audiences, and believing one doesn’t mean you can’t believe the other. You can get the same guy to say both if you pad it a little. The point is to give people lots of little ideas that can fit into different situations, they don’t have to make sense when arranged together

It also helps to break thing up a bit in terms of demographics, even if the general narrative stays the same. Whenever you analyze Western media you just have to go directly to "what are they wanting to say here" rather than what they are actually saying. It is why also projection is pretty much near constant.

They want to say they are aggressive maniacs, but they can't actually say this so they invent a narrative for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Zodium posted:

unbelievably bitchmade post

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Sancho Banana posted:

IT'S OFFICIAL: Israel will be defending itself from South Africa's lawsuit in the Hague. The first hearing is next Thursday.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1742135590626214087?t=x8lGuLUkBWmwwy_k4yojoA&s=19

please send the israeli UN representative, he has the diplomatic politeness this hearing deserves.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

we will not be able to live in the Middle East

that would be the point, duder

EDIT: to be clear this is directed at the Israeli minister that Al-Saqr is quoting, not Al-Saqr himself

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wouldn't it be wiser for Israel to act like any other security council nation and ignore the existence of the ICC entirely except when it comes to locking up African warlords.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Phigs posted:

I loving wish my country would realign with China.

Well, if it wouldn't make USA go all psycho killer on us.

now's the time to jump ship while the US is busy flailing in Ukraine and West Asia

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Sancho Banana posted:

IT'S OFFICIAL: Israel will be defending itself from South Africa's lawsuit in the Hague. The first hearing is next Thursday.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1742135590626214087?t=x8lGuLUkBWmwwy_k4yojoA&s=19

please hire Dersh please hire Dersh

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

Wouldn't it be wiser for Israel to act like any other security council nation and ignore the existence of the ICC entirely except when it comes to locking up African warlords.

they’re racists OP, the sheer thought of a non white country having any say enrages them

I look forward to their “defense” being SA crime stats

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Considering how much disrespect South Africa got when they went to Ukraine, it would own if they managed to pull this off, as unlikely as that would be

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

My guess is that Bibi is genuinely worried about an arrest warrant so he wants to challenge and strike down the lawsuit right now instead of letting it get to that point

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Sancho Banana posted:

lock him up! (bibi netanyahu)

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Zodium posted:

unbelievably bitchmade post

misanthropy even i cannot hope to reach, impressive

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sancho Banana posted:

My guess is that Bibi is genuinely worried about an arrest warrant so he wants to challenge and strike down the lawsuit right now instead of letting it get to that point

Yeah, don't think anyone likes the guy so letting him eat the rap for all the crimes (after they're done) must look somewhat enticing.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

genericnick posted:

Yeah, don't think anyone likes the guy so letting him eat the rap for all the crimes (after they're done) must look somewhat enticing.

operation valkyrie only somehow dumber and less effective

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Nevil Maskelyne posted:

I would go so far as to call it self-indulgent liberalism, especially in a post-2022 world where america is dying and humanity has hope for the future again.

Israel may or may not complete their genocide of the Palestinian people but the fact that nuclear weapons exist and prevent anyone from doing anything about it is hardly something to throw a temper tantrum and give up on the planet earth over.

I really don't think the israeli nukes make that much of a difference. They only ensure regional powers (Saudi Iran) not doing anything officially. That's why Iran developed so many local asymmetric non-state forces. They are not affected by the nuke politic and pretty effective in lower intensity wars.

Look at it this way, Hamas army probably wouldn't have gotten so much outside help to begin with if it wasn't for the regional nuclear geopolitics. There is a reason why the ME conflicts are played out so differently from the conflicts in Africa, Myamna etc. The Israali nuke is one of the reasons. Northeastern Asia geopolitics also shifted to a different mode once NK showed their nukes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

No one puts Bibi in a corner.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Sancho Banana posted:

there is also the fundamental contradiction of israel being treated like a “normal” country, its citizens and institutions being treated as such by other countries, issues more important to the liberal classes rather than the psychopathic settlers in charge

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

please hire Rudy please hire Rudy

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
wow sounds like the war is going great for the israelis!

======

Urgent | Governor of the Central Bank of Israel: I call on Netanyahu to amend the budget, reduce expenditures, and eliminate redundant ministries

Urgent | Governor of the Israeli Central Bank: If the budget is not amended and expenditures are reduced, the economy will suffer a severe blow

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1742182772200948075?s=46

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Israel wants UNRWA out of Gaza
"The agency is Hamas's educational arm."

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

OctaMurk posted:

Israel wants UNRWA out of Gaza
"The agency is Hamas's educational arm."

God I love these loving idiots

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

exmarx posted:

stfu about norm

https://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-doctor-probed-by-police-for-allegedly-blocking-colleagues-on-social-media/

A Palestinian doctor who had been doing her medical residency at Sheba Medical Center near Tel Aviv has been under police investigation for more than two months, seemingly for allegedly having blocked Jewish colleagues from seeing her Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Arrested at her place of work, the doctor, identified only as H., was taken for questioning at the local police station because, she was told, she had blocked her work colleagues from her social media accounts, her attorney has said.

this poo poo is absolutely insane

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheMossadIL/status/1741911963481895339

I'm going insane with how lovely and popy their fascism is, no wonder they are on eurovision they're fashy eurotrash

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

fosborb posted:

"carloads?" what are they driving, mini coops?

You're overthinking it. It's just the standard nazi unit of reference

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Spaced God posted:

God I love these loving idiots

They are idiots, but in this case, it is just them being brutal and trying to make life as hard as possible.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Al-Saqr posted:

======

Urgent | Governor of the Central Bank of Israel: I call on Netanyahu to amend the budget, reduce expenditures, and eliminate redundant ministries

Urgent | Governor of the Israeli Central Bank: If the budget is not amended and expenditures are reduced, the economy will suffer a severe blow

I hear austerity works great and im sure the average totally rational settler will be fine with it.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

======

they're gonna be regular bankrupt in addition to morally

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Honest Thief posted:

I'm going insane with how lovely and popy their fascism is, no wonder they are on eurovision they're fashy eurotrash

this is a foo fighters play-along thing in Italy from like a decade ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JozAmXo2bDE

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

misanthropy even i cannot hope to reach, impressive

Its a big problem with people that only started being leftist in 2016 or later. I don't think they realise they selected hard mode.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

alarumklok posted:

watching the capitalist world order impale itself on its own dick over the past few months while increasingly less and less people are buying its bullshit has never made more more optimistic about the ascendency of communism

I long to see the world united start building communism in our lifetime. We might even see the first stages built in China and Vietnam.

It's still a remote dream, but a hell of a lot more likely to happen than even a year ago.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Honest Thief posted:

these lyrics are "deal from strength or get crushed every time" tier

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

these lyrics are "deal from strength or get crushed every time" tier

yeah foo fighters suck

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
As far as Israeli nukes go, at the end of the day, it gives them leverage but at the same time, they are there to protect the Israeli elite and their interests are going to be more in Florida and the Hamptons then they are going to be in Israel. The both the Israeli and American elite know they can't use them without "ending the game" and push comes to shove the Israeli elite would rather safely be able to Israel and live in a life in luxury abroad than anything else.

There is also a silent understanding that Iran probably does have the means and the capability to put together and Russia/China wouldn't allow a first strike to occur without a response.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Ardennes posted:

As far as Israeli nukes go, at the end of the day, it gives them leverage but at the same time, they are there to protect the Israeli elite and their interests are going to be more in Florida and the Hamptons then they are going to be in Israel. The both the Israeli and American elite know they can't use them without "ending the game" and push comes to shove the Israeli elite would rather safely be able to Israel and live in a life in luxury abroad than anything else.

There is also a silent understanding that Iran probably does have the means and the capability to put together and Russia/China wouldn't allow a first strike to occur without a response.

This seems to be presuming that the Israeli elite are, ultimately, rational actors.

I have to say: in the past few months, they haven't particularly given the impression of being rational actors.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the Wings play-along

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Actually, what IS the Israeli nuclear deterrent? It's just occurred to me that I don't know if they've just got a sub slinking around like the UK does, or if they've got the full triad of submarines, aircraft and land-based platforms.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pistol_Pete posted:

Actually, what IS the Israeli nuclear deterrent? It's just occurred to me that I don't know if they've just got a sub slinking around like the UK does, or if they've got the full triad of submarines, aircraft and land-based platforms.

if israel falls, they nuke new york city

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pistol_Pete posted:

This seems to be presuming that the Israeli elite are, ultimately, rational actors.

I have to say: in the past few months, they haven't particularly given the impression of being rational actors.

They are arrogant, brutal, vastly overestimate their capabilities, but genocide is a natural outcome of a settler state. It is just the system has finally started to break down and what once they were once capable of is not longer so.

They are bullies but in an predictable fashion. That said, even genocidial bullies know that nukes can fly in the other direction.

They want the world to think of them as complete mad dogs, but at the end of the day, why aren't they charging in southern Lebanon? They talk this game up, and then you get the results. The same with the US.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
how long could Yemen gently caress up shipping to Israel? having a nuke doesn't help Israel's economy from swirling down the toilet as all the lily white "middle-easterners" flee back to Europe/Philadelphia and investment dries up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

Policy of Deliberate Ambiguity aside, they're suspected to have the full triad but given everything else we've seen.. who knows how functional any of it is?