Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

What's the multiplier in Tony Hawk for a nose grind again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

some motherfuckers are always trying to ski uphill

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Tbf there is a well known slur that starts with ch- and also two that end in -ook

Also Americans will make anything into a slur, so suspicion at an unknown word is occasionally understandable

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Broke: chili cook-off
Woke: silly chook-off

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

probably fake

https://baymeadows.com/2022/09/16/catch-the-2022-san-mateo-firefighters-association-chili-cook-off/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Sound required

https://i.imgur.com/XAXmUXV.mp4

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

poop

it is I who am the schadenfreude

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

The worst part about this post is how amazing some of these would be with sound and how heartbreaking it is for that lil speaker icon to do nothing whatsoever. Truly, the schad is coming from inside the thread.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

that's why you're supposed to go through the little parts checklist at the front of the manual and make sure all blocks are present, that's the funnest part of lego anyways is the sorting

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

There's always spare parts in any Lego set so I'm not sure why the guy is panicking. Just look around the build to see if anything is very obviously wrong.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

I wonder who can out-chili Ted’s chili.

(too bad it’s fake but I was immediately reminded of this)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Gravid Topiary posted:

that's why you're supposed to go through the little parts checklist at the front of the manual and make sure all blocks are present, that's the funnest part of lego anyways is the sorting

That's what I scream in my nephew's face too, but still he just rips open the baggies clearly labeled 1, 2 and 3 and tosses them all together like a barbarian

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

There's always spare parts in any Lego set so I'm not sure why the guy is panicking. Just look around the build to see if anything is very obviously wrong.

You don't get any spares of the big pieces like were added, it's only ever the tiniest ones they include more of.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Melbourne real estate agent loses bid for $30,000 refund for sneakers sold by schoolboy

quote:

A Melbourne real estate agent who spent almost $30,000 on sneakers he suspects are counterfeit is not entitled to a refund because he knowingly bought them off a 17-year-old student.
VCAT (Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal) member Katherine Metcalf found he was not entitled to a refund, given the agreement was made with a 17-year-old, who due to his age did “not have full capacity to enter into contracts”.
:discourse:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Ehh, I'm not sure giving teenagers a free pass to rip people off is a good idea.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The General posted:

Ehh, I'm not sure giving teenagers a free pass to rip people off is a good idea.

It's more about preventing the opposite (ie. stopping adults from ripping off teenagers). If an adult happens to be dumb enough to get ripped off by a child then they're an unfortunate casualty of an otherwise useful and necessary precaution.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The General posted:

People who pay thousands of dollars for a shoe are the same as buttcoiners and monkey jpeg collectors, they are getting ripped off by own volition.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

The General posted:

Counterpoint: anyone who can and does pay $30,000 for a pair of shoes deserves to have all their money taken away and given to people who actually need it, so as a compromise I propose that we make it legal for teens to rip off anyone with a net worth of oh let's say over $1,000,000 or more

That way the rich get poorer, wealth gets redistributed, and teenagers learn valuable life skills

https://i.imgur.com/R44kya0.mp4

das hipster has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Jan 2, 2024

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Nenonen posted:

People who pay thousands of dollars for a shoe are the same as buttcoiners and monkey jpeg collectors, they are getting ripped off by own volition.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/sneaker-soles-crumbling-trend/

Paying thousands of dollars for air to just dissolve your investment lol. All the vids on that link are from TikTok so can't embed lame

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
To a certain kind of mind, shoes are just socially acceptable Funko Pops.
They must be judged no less harshly than the Funko people.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

To a certain kind of mind, shoes are just socially acceptable Funko Pops.
They must be judged no less harshly than the Funko people.

Id be more weirded out by some dude who has a wall full of sneakers than finko pops

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, funkos, while weird, don't spontaneously dissolve into dust. Buying funkos makes more sense than this shoe fad does just with that lil factoid.

Your Funko doomsday is gonna be around till the sun explodes.

Your special shoes are going to be garbage in less than a decade if you don't have a special climate controlled display cases built for them, and even if you do, congrats you just added a couple of years before they turn to dust.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Quote is not edit, :doh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

holtemon posted:

All the vids on that link are from TikTok so can't embed lame

Skill issue

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6989059866828557574https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6984196670347136262

(Just copy/paste the version of the url which ends in a long string of numbers and the forums should convert it to a video link automatically)

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I don’t know if this is because I can’t see tiktok anyway. The website gives me an error

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm in the app and nope, just a clickable link, no video window.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

freeedr posted:

I don’t know if this is because I can’t see tiktok anyway. The website gives me an error

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

:v:

I guess the vid permissions are different on the app than on the desktop version??? Or maybe that changed at some point as well and I never noticed because I still have the settings I was using 12 years ago

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol

Lmao

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I've definitely seen tiktok embed on desktop, I think it just doesn't do it on mobile.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah, I learned just now that the links work in my browser but not the app. Not putting in a tech support request because that would put me one step closer to watching something on tiktok.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SpacePig posted:

I've definitely seen tiktok embed on desktop, I think it just doesn't do it on mobile.

Yeah this is how it looks on my screen

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
In Snowglobe's case, just hit enter between the two stuck together URLs

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Like they said, skill issue.
I see the ticktocks just fine in my PC browser:smug:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Soul Dentist posted:

In Snowglobe's case, just hit enter between the two stuck together URLs

The bbcode separates them automatically:

drat, I didn't realise this was going to be such a contentious issue

I blame Radium :argh:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I punched the URL codes into Ask Jeeves and my Netscape crashed. Any help appreciated

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hippocrass posted:

Like they said, skill issue.
I see the ticktocks just fine in my PC browser:smug:

Works also in Chrome on Android fwiw. I have never used the Awful App but it seems to be the root of all evil.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Your special shoes are going to be garbage in less than a decade if you don't have a special climate controlled display cases built for them, and even if you do, congrats you just added a couple of years before they turn to dust.

Isn't part of the reason they do that because they're never worn, and if they were and the rubber/plastic was flexed around a little they would actually last longer?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lends an extra layer of urgency to the baby shoes short story if so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I never understood what was supposed to be so sad about the shoe aisle at babies'r'us