Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/aLUtJqb.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Fil5000 posted:

The best presentation I saw was when our director finished up our objectives for the year by playing Jerry Reed's Eastbound and Down.

Couldn’t get “take this job and shove it”?

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

IDGI

e: oh it has audio, got it. Yeah sounds about right. We never do video though thank god.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 27, 2023

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Strong urge to right click -> delete all emails that hit my inbox between 12/18 - 1/1

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Democratic Pirate posted:

Strong urge to right click -> delete all emails that hit my inbox between 12/18 - 1/1

Set up a rule for it, ez peasy

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Democratic Pirate posted:

I have received fewer than ten emails since the 19th :smuggo:

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!
I've been off since the 14th and am not looking forward to the poo poo show that awaits me.

But that's a next year problem, to be dealt with on the clock.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

priznat posted:

Nothing more annoying than someone showing as typing on a teams chat but literally nothing ever gets sent. Is your cat on your keyboard?! Git!! Scat!!

bouncing dots... stop. bouncing dots for two minutes. stop., y

-----
Lol I thought I posted this two weeks ago

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

HiroProtagonist posted:

bouncing dots... stop. bouncing dots for two minutes. stop., y

-----
Lol I thought I posted this two weeks ago

Evergreen issue :haw:

New workplace annoyance: dude in cube next to me has all sorts of RSI injury from typing or whatever so uses a lot of voice to text and is constantly muttering away

“Delete row”
“Delete row”
“Delete row”
“Add column”
“Delete column”

And so on

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

priznat posted:

Evergreen issue :haw:

New workplace annoyance: dude in cube next to me has all sorts of RSI injury from typing or whatever so uses a lot of voice to text and is constantly muttering away

“Delete row”
“Delete row”
“Delete row”
“Add column”
“Delete column”

And so on

So he's giving your brain an RSI

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Same.

However, the group inbox for my department that is monitored by me and three other people has 100+ right now.

And wouldn’t you know it, the last time someone addressed it was the last day I was on the clock.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Meanwhile, one of our formulation scientists just texted all of us saying she's bored and wants to have the 10AM meeting today. We're literally closed. The whole R&D branch is on holiday from 25th-1st.

I didn't even waste time typing "No." Straight delete.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Sundae posted:

Meanwhile, one of our formulation scientists just texted all of us saying she's bored and wants to have the 10AM meeting today. We're literally closed. The whole R&D branch is on holiday from 25th-1st.

I didn't even waste time typing "No." Straight delete.

This is a sick joke

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Received this shirt for Christmas. My wife truly understands me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That’s amazing

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Sundae posted:

Magnificent.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Sundae posted:

Please tell us where she got it.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Please tell us where she got it.

She got it off this site:
https://www.wickedclothes.com/products/youve-got-mail-shirt?variant=40501135310905

But you can also find a rip-off version of it on Amazon if you don't mind buying from an art thief. :v:

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Sundae posted:

But you can also find a rip-off version of it on Amazon if you don't mind buying from an art thief. :v:

:ssh: I worry Wicked Clothes might also be an art thief, given that I know the sources (and other sellers) for some of its art. But maybe it has official deals with all the artists?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

dirby posted:

:ssh: I worry Wicked Clothes might also be an art thief, given that I know the sources (and other sellers) for some of its art. But maybe it has official deals with all the artists?

It's certainly possible, since everything on the internet sucks. At least in the case of Wicked Clothes, they credit an artist and have a whole portfolio of other items in the same art style that are for sale through them. So either they've worked with him (or he's uploading them / a third-party seller), or they're really flagrant about the theft.

Whereas this one on Amazon is definitely, 100% stolen. It's even through the Amazon Merch program, which is their version of CafePress with all the same levels of quality control. :v:

Sundae fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 31, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Just for reference, feel free to report stolen poo poo (or illegal poo poo) on Amazon. Their robots do react relatively promptly because the site's incentives are much more tilted toward "just remove it" than other tech platforms.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Sundae posted:

I hope this email finds you well
Though its contents sure-ly bring hell
Jon spilled his coke on the sterile line
We rang him up he hit decline
The FDA will be here soon
Sorry for this Monday doom

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Sundae posted:

:perfect:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sundae posted:

She got it off this site:
https://www.wickedclothes.com/products/youve-got-mail-shirt?variant=40501135310905

lmao this website

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Renegret posted:

lmao this website

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
There was a pay mix adjustment. Now I have a higher base salary (around 10% increase) but a lower guaranteed year-end bonus. The total remains the same, but this is usually a good thing right?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Flagellum posted:

There was a pay mix adjustment. Now I have a higher base salary (around 10% increase) but a lower guaranteed year-end bonus. The total remains the same, but this is usually a good thing right?

If the bonus is guaranteed then it's just a push, no difference. Some people erroneously think bonuses are taxed higher but they aren't. There's a difference in withholding but it comes out the same in the end.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Yes, having a higher base salary is preferable to the same amount as a bonus, even if it’s guaranteed. It’s money now vs money later, you won’t lose it if the company goes under, and it’s an easier figure to base negotiations on.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Banks often don’t care about stuff like bonuses (or RSUs etc) when getting approved for mortgages, I found out a while back. Definitely better to have the higher salary imo.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
Those points make sense. It's not a big change but at least it's something positive. Thanks corpo goons.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Don't forget the fact that you can be terminated just before annual bonuses pay out and they owe you none of it (based on very cursory googling - could vary state by state).

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

We just did a round of about 8% layoffs, but everyone affected is eligible for bonuses. Not great, but could suck a LOT more.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Flagellum posted:

Those points make sense. It's not a big change but at least it's something positive. Thanks corpo goons.

Are you sure you're not loosing money since your moving in to a higher tax bracket?

:can:

yes they were intentional

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Happy new year.

Positives of working Jan 2nd: Nobody is around yet, so it's a semi-vacation day anyway
Negatives of working Jan 2nd: Learning all the absolute horseshit that people managed to pull off during the week nobody was even supposed to be here. I'm putting out fires from when nobody was here.

These aren't from people who had to be on-site like the cleaning crew or engineering projects team, either. These are people who should have been off having a vacation and instead decided that no, they'd rather modify business processes and make new procedures effective without talking to anyone who might know why all of their ideas were terrible and shouldn't be proceduralized. gently caress's sake, take a vacation.

In conclusion:

CarForumPoster posted:

This is a sick joke

Sundae fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 2, 2024

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
One weird trick for making your objectionable stuff get implemented by years end, so you can put it on a review.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Huh, my verve and vigor to tackle the inane requests I sidelined in mid December did not manifest over the holiday break.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I've had conversations about promotion with my boss this year. They announced two today. While I haven't had my year-end yet (where I would be told about said promotion), it does not look good for my chances this year :(

Also, love coming back from break to have another department's lack of communication cost me the entire morning figuring out what happened and then do damage control for the client after.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
this thread is a treasure

https://x.com/theashleyray/status/1742258957731930186?s=20

Baddog
May 12, 2001

I can't believe they all actually logged in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
My wife’s company started the year by laying off 20 people (company has like 300 total).

Happy New Year