Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the banks know, they just don't care (it's not their money)

some executive team got money to close the m&a transaction and another gets money for originating the loan. taking a write off like that just helps them avoid taxes on investments that actually pay off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
how is 2024 for ol' elon

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

how is 2024 for ol' elon

do the letters "ftw" mean anything to you

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

how is 2024 for ol' elon
he's bringing in big new advertisers https://twitter.com/KatrinaRog9989/status/1742255442212888837

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'll rice your method, unusually.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I love my lil zojirushi my one regret is buying it three years ago instead of ten years ago

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

Becoming a musklim

was wondering if anyone else kept scanning the thread title as [Musl]im

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
SOLUTION: THE UNUSUAL RICE METHOD

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
there was a study where if you add... coconut oil? to rice after cooking it'll change the carbohydrates in some way that makes it so it isn't digested as fully so you get satied but you get like 1/3 of the calories or something. it was a pretty limited study in terms of types of rice and types of fat

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Stubborn fat hates this unusual rice method

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

evilmiera posted:

I have some Grime lying around somewhere in my home. Not Grimes plural mind you, just a little bit

You already have something he does not. A home. Mr Muskrat only lives in hotels and offices.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Circle Nine posted:

there was a study where if you add... coconut oil? to rice after cooking it'll change the carbohydrates in some way that makes it so it isn't digested as fully so you get satied but you get like 1/3 of the calories or something. it was a pretty limited study in terms of types of rice and types of fat

Convincing your body that you're satiated and don't need a snack is the entire point of dietary fiber, which isn't found in fats or in rice

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

no Tesla fan has ever driven a non-Tesla car

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
did you hear about the unusual rice method?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

yeah, if your tesla gets damp just put it in a plastic tub of rice overnight and that should fix it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I'm gonna get a job as a Tesla service rep, you just call people dumb for buying your car all day

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"who told you to wash your car, sir? Did we tell you to do that? No, that's what I thought. Goodbye"

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but i'm looking for a new rice method, maybe something a little 'out there' or uncommon. any suggestions?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

spaceblancmange posted:

not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but i'm looking for a new rice method, maybe something a little 'out there' or uncommon. any suggestions?

As far as techniques for making plain rice go, Adam Ragusea's method of cooking it like pasta in a big pot with way too much water owns bones. You boil it in a much larger volume of water until it's exactly how you like it then dump it out in a strainer and steam it off until it's the right texture.

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the milk machine posted:

taking a write off like that just helps them avoid taxes on investments that actually pay off

This is musk-tier thinking

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i cant tolerate another derail of goons talking about their stupid rear end rice prep techniques or zojirushi machines. MODS??

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Is Elon Musk for or against circumcision?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
here ill summarize:

:btroll: hurr love my zojirushi. shoulda boutht it 20 years ago

:ughh: durr actuyally i prefer to Xia'chang - zojisushi has been DOG poo poo for 10 years after they merged with with Yamaha

:reject: i simply use a sauce pan

:downswords: instant pot is VASTLY superior perfect Fluffy Rice every time

:kimchi: my asian wife makes it ...

:mrgw: I ONYL EAT POTATO

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

The Top G posted:

This is musk-tier thinking

by which you mean ftw I assume

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Top G posted:

Elon knows nothing of the penis as it is no longer needed

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

elon doesn't eat "ethnic" food like rice for the most part, but if he did he'd only eat the shelf stable kind that comes pre-cooked and stanky in plastic.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Elon has evolved beyond the need for food

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The Top G posted:

please don't start a circumcision derail in the rice thread ty

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

you and your friends may have heard a rumor that elon only has one can of bawlz, this is nonsense, he has four

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Elonisqatsi

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
drat im hoping that doesnt become an intrusive thought

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"who told you to wash your car, sir? Did we tell you to do that? No, that's what I thought. Goodbye"

the brakes on your car malfunctioned because you pressed on them too hard. have a nice day bitch

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Smythe posted:

:mrgw: I ONYL EAT POTATO

do u have unusual potato method

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
drat maybe they're hiring

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm not taking goon advice, I only cook my rice the way Prof Rice at Rice University taught me. Yes it's a 400-level technique but it's worth the years of study.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Precambrian Video Games posted:

I'm not taking goon advice, I only cook my rice the way Prof Rice at Rice University taught me. Yes it's a 400-level technique but it's worth the years of study.

a fellow alum?!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

remember that running gag about tina feys boss in 30 rock was dating condolezza rice

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

a fellow alum?!

wtf why are there multiple rice people in this thread

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Mola Yam posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mola Yam posted:

rice the potato after boiling for superior "mashed" potatoes