Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Hey guys how’s it going I don’t want to be at work so just thought I’d post anyways have a good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Illegally downloading Disney's©™ Cars©™ with a big smug grin on my face even if it is available on Disney+©™ for the low, low price of $7.99 a month

https://www.disneyplus.com

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Meat Wagon posted:

Illegally downloading Disney's©™ Cars©™ with a big smug grin on my face even if it is available on Disney+©™ for the low, low price of $7.99 a month

https://www.disneyplus.com

Who is your favorite character in Disney's©™ Cars©™, available to stream now on Disney+©™ for the low, low price of $7.99 a month?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I had the most embarrassing letter from the cable company because they caught my roommate downloading Paul blart mall cop back in the day

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I had the most embarrassing letter from the cable company because they caught my roommate downloading Paul blart mall cop back in the day

I work in higher ed and years ago we'd get DMCA notices from movie studios because kids would be dumb enough to download movies using bittorrents on the campus network.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Who is your favorite character in Disney's©™ Cars©™, available to stream now on Disney+©™ for the low, low price of $7.99 a month?

uhhh... Steve? Steve the car

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

RevDrMikey posted:

First off, I've seen so much Disney astroturfing on forums lately. Like I guarantee if you scrub through SA you'll find some accounts posting a suspicious amount of "I sure do enjoy my Disney+ account(tm) fellow young people(r)!". This whole discussion is bought and paid for because Disney is terrified of losing relevancy. Beginning and end of story. But pretending for half a second that's not the case.

Disney is afraid of no longer being relevant, so they're going to astroturf SA. That does make sense

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

henkman posted:

Disney is afraid of no longer being relevant, so they're going to astroturf SA. That does make sense

I've never told anyone this before, but I ran into Bob Iger at Disneyland. I asked if he has stairs in house and replied with "Yes I am protected."

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I've never told anyone this before, but I ran into Bob Iger at Disneyland. I asked if he has stairs in house and replied with "Yes I am protected."

I think he was letting you know he had bodyguards

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Jose Oquendo posted:

I loving LOVE THE LARRY THE CABLE GUY CAR

IF YOU SPEAK WHILE THE LARRY THE CABLE GUY CAR IS ON THE SCREEN, I WILL CAST YOU OUT OF MY HOME

THE LARRY THE CABLE GUY CAR IS HERE TO MAKE US HAPPY AND GIVE US A BETTER LIFE

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

X JAKK posted:

I loving LOVE THE LARRY THE CABLE GUY CAR

IF YOU SPEAK WHILE THE LARRY THE CABLE GUY CAR IS ON THE SCREEN, I WILL CAST YOU OUT OF MY HOME

THE LARRY THE CABLE GUY CAR IS HERE TO MAKE US HAPPY AND GIVE US A BETTER LIFE

Hmm. You're not using the correct name. That could mean you're not an astroturfer since you don't know your Cars.

It could also mean you ARE an astroturfer and you don't want to tip your hand.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

lol at xjakk pretending not to know a name from a children's movie

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lol at xjakk pretending not to know a name from a children's movie

I'm biting my tongue so hard because I don't want another week off.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

RevDrMikey posted:

The current horror industry is trash. There's an unbelievable amount of international money looking to invest in anything that has half a claim to franchise potential and quickly turn out content that might be resold to some garbage streaming service or whatever. Anything that lowers any bar, like AI scripts, is going to result in waves of trash out of this industry.

I meet this criteria, please hook me up with a small portion of this unbelievable amount of international money. Genuinely.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Lawrence, the Cable Television Installation Professional

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Kingo Ligma posted:

I meet this criteria, please hook me up with a small portion of this unbelievable amount of international money. Genuinely.

Make a pluto horror movie ready for release next year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Lawrence, the Cable Television Installation Professional

Daniel, the overweight midwesterner trapped in a prison of his own making forced to pretend to be a Southern caricature every time he's out in public.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Meat Wagon posted:

First movie I ever pirated was jason x on a 56k connection. Took forever to download and it was split into 2 parts. I never watched the second half of that trash.

you should send Colin his $0.50 for that

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Does my first movie piracy count when it was clearly in retrospect my dad renting tapes and making copies for us to keep and not me personally doing the piracy? If so then it was probably Thriller

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

no you have to do your own piracy

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Yeah, thats stolen piracy valor. Turn in your badge, gutcruncher

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Space Kablooey posted:

you can commission it from somebody else though.

like, my dad surprising my sister and I with an extended-play VHS from his buddy at work in 1995 that had Snow White, the Return of Jafar, the Little Mermaid, and like one or two other Disney movies I can't remember (Robin Hood? No, we got that one used at Blockbuster. It's still in the yellow sleeve) isn't me doing my own piracy.

but me asking my cousin to burn me a copy of Crazy Town's debut album The Gift of Game in 2000 is.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 3, 2024

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a childhood friend's dad used to copy vhs tapes. he had a cool crt tv that had slow motion technology. I dont know the details but the family eventually had to move back to their home country :rip:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So yeah, on the rewatch Reign of Fire still sits in that "good but not great" category of movies. The CGI for the dragons actually holds up really well and the sets for the castle and the ruins of London are great. Almost everyone is putting in good performances though it really is a showdown between Christian Bale and Matthew McConaughey to see who can play the man closest to having a nervous breakdown. But it does feel like two thirds of one film with a second much sillier film bolted on for the third act. The first two thirds of the film are incredibly grim before getting downright depressing. Then the third act where they go to London happens and Quinn and Van Zan are making action movie quips, there's jokes about Van Zan's bourbon flask being full of water, the amazing scene with the battle axe vs dragons and it ends with the most 2000s as gently caress buttrock credits music.

Also got some major whiplash seeing Doug Cockle in the movie and hearing hints of his Witcher voice.

I feel like this would be a good movie to do a double feature with the film Doomsday. Just get some B movie shenanigans across Britain with a mix of apocalypse and medieval styles.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 3, 2024

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Space Kablooey posted:

Hmmm okay it might have been when I copied the Akira tape I rented.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

Does my first movie piracy count when it was clearly in retrospect my dad renting tapes and making copies for us to keep and not me personally doing the piracy? If so then it was probably Thriller

You don't have to justify yourself to us.

Save that when you are facing St. Peter©™ at Disney's©™ Pearly Gates©™ and negotiating for your eternal soul.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You are born with the moral right to access all art that can be freely replicated. It's the first article in the secret bill of rights

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

RevDrMikey posted:

First off, I've seen so much Disney astroturfing on forums lately. Like I guarantee if you scrub through SA you'll find some accounts posting a suspicious amount of "I sure do enjoy my Disney+ account(tm) fellow young people(r)!". This whole discussion is bought and paid for because Disney is terrified of losing relevancy. Beginning and end of story.

you should name and shame those posters. put your money where your mouth is

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kalel posted:

you should name and shame those posters. put your money where your mouth is

No need for that, friend. Say, let's all relax and enjoy some Disney+ content! Only $7.99 to stream all this goodness? Amazing!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I love Disney+. Where else can I watch all my favorite brands like Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and The Simpsons. The list goes on and on. All for only $7.99 a month.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

General Bullshit › Disney+ Presents: Red Letter Media(r)(tm)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You have to face the unfortunate fact that posters exist who do not even need to be paid to enroll in the disney defense forces. Just ask the TV IV poster who said he wished I would die because I was being mean to the ahsoka show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

You have to face the unfortunate fact that posters exist who do not even need to be paid to enroll in the disney defense forces. Just ask the TV IV poster who said he wished I would die because I was being mean to the ahsoka show

Jesus Christ some people need to get a grip. I mean, you didn't like Ahsoka? What are you some kind of monster?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
They really should figure out a way to monetize their insanity

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

priznat posted:

They really should figure out a way to monetize their insanity

Patreon dot com
Twitter dot com
Youtube dot com
Instagram dot com

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
My 70's reefer sex dungeon is supported entirely by my Santa Clauses write ups

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

X JAKK posted:

well of course, the internet is a big truck

quick tangent - I once downloaded a bunch of files from an Australian magazine publisher's website; specifically from the "EIMG" subdomain that contained various assets from online publications and ad campaigns, along with internal documents.

so uh. it really is a big ol' stinkin' truck

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the paid disney shills make me sick so i'm spiting them the best way I know how
by watching picard on cbs all access!

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Jose Oquendo posted:

the old, crusty pickup truck whose jaw falls off and only appears in one loving shot during the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the paid disney shills make me sick so i'm spiting them the best way I know how
by watching picard on cbs all access!

but then you'd be a paid Paramount shill. c'mon now