Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Baltimore in Wire looked like WW3 already happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Baltimore is the Star Trek Voyager of East coast cities

(NYC:TNG, PHI:ENT, BOS:DIS, MIA:SNW, DC:TOS, Portland:DS9, Myrtle Beach:TAS, Jacksonville:PIC, Providence:LDS)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MikeJF posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Baltimore was destroyed in WW3.

It was royally hosed in the Expanse series.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Atlas Hugged posted:

I am 4 episodes into Enterprise and it's fine? Maybe it gets worse down the road, but other than the crew being kind of dull, it's fine scifi so far.

The first two seasons are basically Voyager, bland with some good episodes. The last two seasons are pretty good. For some people it was just too long a road, getting from season 1 to 4.

You know how in DS9 every Garak episode owns? For Enterprise that's Andorians. If you see blue you're in for a good time.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Railing Kill posted:

I like adding "Emmy-award winning episode" ahead of the title when I think about "Threshold" in the same way that people add "Hugo Award nominee" to Chuck Tingle's name. It's really grounding both as a reminder of how good Voyager could have been, and how stupid award shows are.

See, I could actually see Chuck winning a Hugo on his own merits someday, especially now that he's got a book deal with Tor

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
In a rare moment of serendipity given the last few posts, tonight's episode of DS9 was "The Wire," featuring everyone's favorite tailor, Garak. Our hero, Dr. Bashir, finds his friend Garak dying due to the machinations of a vile fiend named Elim, who was once a member of the Obsidian Order, and a cranial implant he had installed in Garak that's no longer functioning properly.

Loved this one. Fascinating character study and insight into the Cardassian mindset.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It was royally hosed in the Expanse series.

I know the area where they filmed those scenes and iirc in the expense it was cleaner looking and had better public transit

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

In a rare moment of serendipity given the last few posts, tonight's episode of DS9 was "The Wire," featuring everyone's favorite tailor, Garak. Our hero, Dr. Bashir, finds his friend Garak dying due to the machinations of a vile fiend named Elim, who was once a member of the Obsidian Order, and a cranial implant he had installed in Garak that's no longer functioning properly.

Loved this one. Fascinating character study and insight into the Cardassian mindset.

How dare you, Elim was a kind and moral man who Garak betrayed, the implant failing being his just deserts.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Gaz-L posted:

How dare you, Elim was a kind and moral man who Garak betrayed, the implant failing being his just deserts.

Elim got exactly what was coming to him, and I think you'd find that Garak would agree.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

At the end of the series, Garak remarks on how Elim got off too easy.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Does anyone have a Garak / Elim slash fic on hand

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Feldegast42 posted:

Does anyone have a Garak / Elim slash fic on hand

Andrew Robinson probably does, locked in a secure vault.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm currently watching "Someone to Watch Over Me".

I'm unable to form an opinion at this time but the singing, my god, the singing. Robert Picardo is selling it so hard.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm unable to form an opinion at this time

Can't imagine why

https://twitter.com/CPColin/status/1707074410715422869

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Also Worf being a huge loving dork.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It was so corny.

Poor Doctor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My normie friend who is watching and enjoying DS9 doesn't have an opinion on the Defiant. As far as I can tell he doesn't have an opinion on any starship?!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Maybe check their ears for surgical alterations, the back of their neck for a spike, and make sure they have blood.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

zoux posted:

My normie friend who is watching and enjoying DS9 doesn't have an opinion on the Defiant. As far as I can tell he doesn't have an opinion on any starship?!

Star Trek is a neat venn diagram of people who give a poo poo about cool ships and people who care about the characters

And chuds who don't understand any media they consume

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

zoux posted:

Eh, the ships are largely interchangeable, except the defiant is a dedicated warship. I'm also in camp no strong opinions about starships, except I like that they have common design principles

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

I've never cared much about the Federation starships. When people get all "oh I don't like this one's nacelles" I tune out.

Do love the alien ship designs most of the time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh, I didn't realize I'd been sharing a thread with SICK FUCKS

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

zoux posted:

IDIC

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I have opinions about starships

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Sometimes I confuse the NCC-1701 for the NCC-1701 A :mrapig:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

davidspackage posted:

Sometimes I confuse the NCC-1701 for the NCC-1701 A :mrapig:

https://i.imgur.com/6f8jt2R.mp4

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Some people don't appreciate the Nebula class and they are wrong.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I can't even imagine not having reasonably detailed critiques of Federation fleet doctrine during the Dominion War.

Be right back, refitting my entire fleet of capital ships as ineffective carriers loaded with squadrons of repurposed trainer craft.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my Galaxy wings getting mercilessly kamikaze'd by Jemhadar fighters wrecking poo poo with their powerful phaser arrays :smuggo:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Boxturret posted:

Some people don't appreciate the Nebula class and they are wrong.

:hai:

Favourite 24th century design, and strong contender for favourite of all time (but the Connie refit ultimately wins everyone's heart, in the end)

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I like the one with the disc thing in the front

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

BonHair posted:

I like the one with the disc thing in the front

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ah the Freedom-class, looking appropriately enough like some slapdash piece of poo poo some Libertarian designed and just kind slipped into some also-ran Alt Starfleet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Never has a kit been more bashed

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Boxturret posted:

the Nebula class...are wrong.

wow shots fired

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The federation petaQs build a ship that can't turn. It is the only way to keep them from fleeing honorable battle.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

USS Wish.com

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

zoux posted:

Never has a kit been more bashed
The Yeager Class is much dumber

It’s the front of an Intrepid bolted onto a Maquis raider

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Yeager_type?so=search

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think the D7 and the newer Vor’Cha(?) Klingon ships aren’t appreciated enough. Much better than the bird of prey, big or small.

This is where you crush me and reveal they’re basically copied from another TV show or book or something.