Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

KungFu Grip posted:

everyone is lucky embracer group hasnt let everyone involved in the AEW game go like all the other game studios they're shuttering

Give it a couple of weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Did embracer acquire Yukes?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Did embracer acquire Yukes?
No. An Embracer company is involved with AEW, but in a publishing and marketing role.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Embracer doesn’t own YUKES, but if there isn’t another publisher lined up to take on the studio’s active work when their present publisher drops (and 2K’s def out of the running) that’s a six of one / half dozen of the other situation. Independent studios like YUKES are increasingly rare for a reason.

Anyway, the publisher goes through all the regulatory / logistical hurdles of getting DLC on platforms, so even if THQ Nordic folds there would probably be stopgaps in place for the short term.

The real problem is that whether or not THQ Nordic survives, Embracer’s probably not going to promise money for a sequel. Even If they were, if I were YUKES I’d be looking to do business with a group (seemingly) more likely to continue existing and having money over the next two years.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
other than camo, what are the new trunks like? I'm not home to check

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

other than camo, what are the new trunks like? I'm not home to check

It's the same Trunks, his hair is just blue instead of lavender.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I’m visiting my brother and his son loves WWE so he’s been showing me how good he is at 2K23. It honestly looks way better than I expected. Some fun animations for getting up using the ropes and some counters and other stuff. Character models all look pretty good too. Maybe I’ll pick it up next time it’s on crazy sale or something.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’m visiting my brother and his son loves WWE so he’s been showing me how good he is at 2K23. It honestly looks way better than I expected. Some fun animations for getting up using the ropes and some counters and other stuff. Character models all look pretty good too. Maybe I’ll pick it up next time it’s on crazy sale or something.

It's 20 on steam and psn now i think still

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
WWE 2K23 also had a surprisingly good version of War Games that impressed me.

The only thing I disliked was the emphasis on the trading card game.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

mdickie's released an improved version of one of his old games for free

https://www.mdickie.com/apps/supercity_pc.zip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBU6Pmxu-4I

like the others it's also a wrestling game

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Picked up WWE2K23 in the steam sale. The movement feels a little slower than I'd like and there's so many different controls for things it's a little overwhelming, but Holy Moly there's so much to do in the game! Absurd value for £16.

I'm doing Universe mode and ive had to fight Rey Mysterio for 4 Raw's in a row so it seems very authentic too!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

nL's doing another Royaliest of Rumbles; 1 Rumble sim a day at 5pm Eastern on youtube until the 31st when they'll live sim the Royaliest (all 30 winners) & the Runner-Uppiest (all 30 runner-ups) on twitch

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I know it was a mess every yeah, but the rumblethon expanding to a month is a blow to lovers of chaos everywhere.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

blunt posted:

I'm doing Universe mode and ive had to fight Rey Mysterio for 4 Raw's in a row so it seems very authentic too!

Who’s that jumping out the sky, oh that guy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hilarious lack of playtime aside, Steam got a chuckle out of me

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

hilarious lack of playtime aside, Steam got a chuckle out of me
Yeah, some games have unique descriptions in the Steam Year In Review thing. WWE 2k23's is "OMG CM PUNK RETURNED AT SURVIVOR SERIES!" I dunno if any of the other wrasslegames on the platform have similar comments, I don't think anyone's collected them all anywhere.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Dk7twpKHI

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

3!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

It's Slow Mo's year this time! He's too big to be eliminated

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EszRwtXtCYc

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050635

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

What's Gerstmann been up to nowadays? Been a hot minute since I heard anything. Just streaming on Twitch?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

On The Internet posted:

What's Gerstmann been up to nowadays? Been a hot minute since I heard anything. Just streaming on Twitch?

After Giant Bomb he started a patreon. He has roughly 4,000 subscribers with the lowest level being $5/month so it seems like he’s doing pretty alright.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

On The Internet posted:

Yeah doing his thing on twitch and pulling decent numbers (compared to his former employer at least). He uploads his VODs to his youtube page if you were interested in checking it out.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Awesome, thanks! Glad to hear he's doing well

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

http://8bitnintendo.science

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is one of my favorite things he’s done. Really enjoy seeing some weird rear end Nintendo games I never knew existed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/1742597528648908910?s=46&t=WpdyKLngKj40naRWJ6JgcQ

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Feel like a b/w filter and new hairstyle would be a quick fix?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Can't wait for Better Than You Bay Bay DLC in Winter 2024.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

that will be a further twelve dollars tia

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol I’m never buying any of this DLC and I loved the base game

Wanna see that attach rate

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Saving up for the $25 Evil Uno

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Golden Bee posted:

The hair in general, but especially the women's are just all hosed up. I made a female CAW and did the "story mode" and literally every entrance, then during the match, and then post match her hair was basically random 2x4s just flying around and glitching out. I had a spot doing a press conference and the same thing. Her head contained universes.

Also the women's story mode is about half or so shorter than the men's. It's pretty much the same events, just on that side of the roster and they still didn't bother to level the two.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Big news for games fans.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

karmicknight posted:

Big news for games fans.

gently caress yeah. Mdickie is an auteur on the level of Kojima

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

No more floor money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Welp going to have to watch the poipl saga in it's entirety from the beginning again