Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Akratic Method posted:

Is this the "general PC gaming thread" enough to ask about stuff like a gaming desk? If not, is there a semi-active thread for that sort of thing?

We have a dedicated desktop thread: (not saying you can't ask here, you just may have better luck over there) https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2920891

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got the Signal State and it's starting to kick my brain's rear end.

Basically? Its the post apocalypse. All technology is broken except for modular synthesizers so you have to make them do everything now.

HAVE FUN :v

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Akratic Method posted:

Is this the "general PC gaming thread" enough to ask about stuff like a gaming desk? If not, is there a semi-active thread for that sort of thing?

If you're getting old like me but still like an occasional long gaming session a good sit/stand is a total gamechanger. Just get a good one that's not wobbly. I have an Uplift but there's a number of good brands. I love it to death and will never go back to a normal desk. It's got all the customizable options a good nerd wants like cable trays and ports, usb/power plugs on the desk surface, tons of different sizes, shapes, materials, etc.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Sale is ending in an hour. Don't be the goon who fills their cart and forgets to buy.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Kortel posted:

Please play Signalis.

I second this. It was my sleeper GOTY for 2023.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just got gifted Grim Dawn; in Titan Quest I loved going for a maximum pet build. Is that still viable in GD? Can I have six critters of dubious value running around me at all times while I do almost nothing?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

RBA Starblade posted:

I just got gifted Grim Dawn; in Titan Quest I loved going for a maximum pet build. Is that still viable in GD? Can I have six critters of dubious value running around me at all times while I do almost nothing?

Yeah dude. You'll probably want to start with Necro because it's the army of skeletons class. After that you can look at all the other trees and think about what their pets offer you that Necro doesn't cover.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Diephoon posted:

Yeah dude. You'll probably want to start with Necro because it's the army of skeletons class. After that you can look at all the other trees and think about what their pets offer you that Necro doesn't cover.

Nice. Found the actual GD thread so I'll take it over there lol

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

RBA Starblade posted:

https://requnix.com/gaming/grim-dawn-builds/sir-crunchybones-skelemancer-cabalist

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is the same in the latest patch/rework, but I reckon some version of it should be viable?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

this Steam sale didn’t get me too badly…because I’d already bought a ton of stuff from reading GOTY-thread lists

not pictured: the rest of the ETS2 DLC I didn’t have, I guess? must have been in a fugue state

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Edmond Dantes posted:

https://requnix.com/gaming/grim-dawn-builds/sir-crunchybones-skelemancer-cabalist

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is the same in the latest patch/rework, but I reckon some version of it should be viable?

Oh cool, this is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Couch + nursing pillow + Steam Deck also good!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i ended up getting sekiro, neon white, zero ranger and a little vampire survivor like called monsters til midnight

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I barely dipped into my wishlist, just picked up a handful of games:

Already beat En Garde (super fun game btw), picked up REMAKE INTERGRADE last minute when I just got sucked into playing FF7 on my Deck for a whole-rear end day. I'm probably going to play Remake on my PC, but still, Final Fantasy 7 good, y'all

Expanse sits off to the side, waiting to be picked up like a disused spaceman toy

Estel
May 4, 2010
My steam sale's purchases have a clear theme

:thatsrad:

I played 0 and I'm finishing 7 because it was the start of a new story. I think it's time to play the others so when I'm finished I can play Gaiden and 8.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Had a dumb impulse late last night and bought the "Source saga" collection of Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 on GOG. I already own all the other Divinity games so why not, even if half of them yet sit completely untouched. So there's a last little bit more for the sales.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

disposablewords posted:

Had a dumb impulse late last night and bought the "Source saga" collection of Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 on GOG. I already own all the other Divinity games so why not, even if half of them yet sit completely untouched. So there's a last little bit more for the sales.

They're really good games if you're a sucker for turn-based combat. Just be warned, the first D:OS has this really overwrought, florid style of writing that I personally found grating.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Estel posted:

My steam sale's purchases have a clear theme

:thatsrad:

I played 0 and I'm finishing 7 because it was the start of a new story. I think it's time to play the others so when I'm finished I can play Gaiden and 8.

Kiwami 2 and Ishin??

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Phlegmish posted:

They're really good games if you're a sucker for turn-based combat. Just be warned, the first D:OS has this really overwrought, florid style of writing that I personally found grating.

There's a pretty good chance I'm gonna love it, then. That kind of writing just grabs me sometimes.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I picked up Case of the Golden Idol and then, at the last second, Darktide.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

DOS1 has an incredible soundtrack too, Kirill Pokrovsky(RIP) is sorely missed in their latest games I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XybrZGtxuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M89kPrikPXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9McLM852-nY

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

My brain: you should get DOS1
My wallet: ow please no
My completionist brain: ooh we should get the whole set
My rational mind: we already have DOS2 and haven't played it. also we're playing BG3
My brain: want
The card-game addled part of my brain: we could play more cards

mystes
May 31, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

My brain: you should get DOS1
My wallet: ow please no
My completionist brain: ooh we should get the whole set
My rational mind: we already have DOS2 and haven't played it. also we're playing BG3
My brain: want
The card-game addled part of my brain: we could play more cards

lol

I've already bought too many games this sale so I'm hoping it will end before I give in and impulse buy any more

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Hey everybody, the sale is about to end! What good games am I missing?
Here let me just post my 700+ games library real quick...

Estel
May 4, 2010

kazil posted:

Kiwami 2 and Ishin??

I have Kiwami 2, think I got it in a bundle or something. Ishin will get it once I'm finished with the numbered Yakuza games, probably will be on sale again by then. Same as the Judgement ones.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

What genres do you like

also get case/curse of the golden idol!!!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

mystes posted:

lol

I've already bought too many games this sale so I'm hoping it will end before I give in and impulse buy any more

so, mtg arena is really good and I'm enjoying playing cards with my brother

but also it's complete garbage and I hate it and I'm never touching it again (this is a lie)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

Ah too late. We would have done it too

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

StrixNebulosa posted:

What genres do you like

Dammit the sale is over and I missed these!

This is all your fault.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

StrixNebulosa posted:

I have owned Case of the Golden Idol since at least the summer sale, but, uhhhhh

Anyway I bought the DLCs.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Ugh, I'm weak!

I kept telling myself that not only do I have an enormous backlog of quality games, I was also gifted Sifu and Divinity Original Sin 2, which are already going to keep me busy for lord knows how long.

But when the final moment arrives, panic sets in and I suddenly got a craving for cool 2D platformers, and before you know it, my cart was filled with Gravity Circuit, Steel Assault, SANABI and CULTIC (ok that last one doesn't fit the 2D platformer scheme but it was just so cheap)

Also went ahead and pulled the trigger on STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN, but from the Epic store since it was on sale and I had the Epic Coupon as well.

And the backlog grows ever deeper...

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

sale's over

I feel empty

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
i was going to buy more games but I got busy and missed the deadline, thank goodness.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
GreenManGaming still has some great deals. No idea when their winter sale officially ends.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

sale's over

I feel empty

there's always another sale comin'

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:wtc:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

He's really sending mixed messages on the "mass shooters aren't real" - shtick, here

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

DOS1 is great and its just long enough that I've played through (hopefully) 3/4s twice and hopefully I'll get back and end it this time

"Yaheetech" sold me the best cheapo tiny pc desk at £35

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

wouldn't official imply Alex Jones receives money for it, which would then be immediately garnished to pay the families of the Sandy Hook shooting victims?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I assume that's why he's selling a video game, yes. Anything to get more money from his rubes.