Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i noticed none of the old star trek movies are on paramount+ now. didnt they make a big ad stink that they were THE PLACE TO WATCH STAR TREK!!!!? pieces of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Every streaming service is licensing their content to some other streaming service to generate some revenue to make up for the fact that they’re all massively in debt. :lol:

Check FUBO for your missing content. It’s ostensibly meant for international sports, but since they charge something insane like $70/month, they’re also nabbing every one else’s content. (There’s definitely some kind of money laundering or finance scam going on.)

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Sunk Dunk posted:

i noticed none of the old star trek movies are on paramount+ now. didnt they make a big ad stink that they were THE PLACE TO WATCH STAR TREK!!!!? pieces of poo poo

They’re on Max as of the first of the year. It’s stupid.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I only watch public domain films, so 2040 is looking like the start of some good years for me

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Noam Chomsky posted:

They’re on Max as of the first of the year. It’s stupid.

But Max is doing the same thing with its content to save money! This sounds like a bad money laundering scheme.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched poor things

the central premise was so revolting I couldn't engage with the film at all, though the movie did try its hardest. shame because the lobster and killing of a sacred deer were great, but sadly lanthimos has completed his weird transgressive pervert movie director trajectory by crossing the ultimate line: he made the protagonist an anime

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

sweet geek swag posted:

But Max is doing the same thing with its content to save money! This sounds like a bad money laundering scheme.

Sunk Dunk posted:

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Every streaming service is licensing their content to some other streaming service to generate some revenue to make up for the fact that they’re all massively in debt. :lol:

Check FUBO for your missing content. It’s ostensibly meant for international sports, but since they charge something insane like $70/month, they’re also nabbing every one else’s content. (There’s definitely some kind of money laundering or finance scam going on.)

Sometimes I think the current state of streaming is some kind of 5d chess scheme from the CEO of Plex to drive people to their platform.

I mean, no one in their right mind can actually expect people to want or enjoy ...this *gestures vaguely*

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

pluto standing atop a pile of streaming corpses like ash from evil dead

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
All the streaming platforms just 69ing each other in an infinite loop so everyone’s movies and cash are running in a perfect uroboros

And then they all go bankrupt.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Vinegar Syndrome’s time to shine!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Gutcruncher posted:

All the streaming platforms just 69ing each other in an infinite loop so everyone’s movies and cash are running in a perfect uroboros

And then they all go bankrupt.

Daisychaining on the deck of the Titanic until you sell the streaming rights to Titanic and are forced to move to the deck of Asylum’s Titanic II.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

priznat posted:

Vinegar Syndrome’s time to shine!

Tubi, Pluto, and Vinegar Syndromes “we will mail you random schlock each month” subscription being the last ones standing would be pretty awesome

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Can't have a new thread with Star Wars. We'll never escape it.

https://i.imgur.com/i7n4z63.mp4

Jose Oquendo posted:

She emoted more in that clip than in the entire Ahsoka series.

I'd watch it

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

This makes the prequels a lot better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9VVkwRb_7M

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol I learned today that the stupid looking Mickey's Mousetrap horror movie was filmed in Ottawa at Funhaven.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol I learned today that the stupid looking Mickey's Mousetrap horror movie was filmed in Ottawa at Funhaven.

I blame Trudeau, somehow

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The thing about VCRs, you can use them as servos in a robot.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Joe Dirt is still a banger

The Happy Madison films have so much more heart in them than the SNL films, which with the exception of the Waynes Worlds which were allowed to just be wacky (and coneheads wasnt ALL bad), the rest of them are mean spirited meandering fluff

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Jose Oquendo posted:

They strafe now?
They strafe now!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

X JAKK posted:

Joe Dirt is still a banger

The Happy Madison films have so much more heart in them than the SNL films, which with the exception of the Waynes Worlds which were allowed to just be wacky (and coneheads wasnt ALL bad), the rest of them are mean spirited meandering fluff

I won’t have you besmirch the blues brothers in my presence

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Gutcruncher posted:

I won’t have you besmirch the blues brothers in my presence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN9EO0boGFk&t=29s

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/Trd3HJQ.mp4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1742993503548817528

:negative:

Good Time and Uncut Gems are so loving good

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
always sad to see business split up true love

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As someone who can respect The Curse but absolutely not enjoy it, I can understand leaving benny to follow his own strange star with all that

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

No Mods No Masters posted:

As someone who can respect The Curse but absolutely not enjoy it, I can understand leaving benny to follow his own strange star with all that
The Curse is one of the best TV shows currently airing and Benny Safdie is incredible in it, yeah.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

That actually sucks, but I got the vibe that Josh did most of the directing anyway

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
drat there's been rumors they've been beefing for a lil while

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Did the Coens split or was one of them just getting tired and wanted to retire? I thought I heard something about that too.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

priznat posted:

Did the Coens split or was one of them just getting tired and wanted to retire? I thought I heard something about that too.

Each Coen should pair with a Safdie to keep the number of holiday meals their families have to go to under control.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

That actually sucks, but I got the vibe that Josh did most of the directing anyway

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

Each Coen should pair with a Safdie to keep the number of holiday meals their families have to go to under control.

This is like one of those logic puzzles. Match a left handed safdie up with a coen that wears glasses. Kinda easy though since it is only a 2x2. We need more safdies and coens!!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Reported!!!!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The Safdie brother that’s kept in the cellar

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just joshin'

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

priznat posted:

I care enough about this to actually do a bit of research. Yes, they each made solo movies in the past couple of years, but also appear to be back together on a new project. Also I can find nothing in my 2 minute search about a falling out or anything like that.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mozi posted:

just joshin'

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

redshirt posted:

I care enough about this to actually do a bit of research. Yes, they each made solo movies in the past couple of years, but also appear to be back together on a new project. Also I can find nothing in my 2 minute search about a falling out or anything like that.

See this is why I don’t need to do any research!! :haw:

That said I will believe literally anything anyone tells me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

priznat posted:

See this is why I don’t need to do any research!! :haw:

That said I will believe literally anything anyone tells me

Trust me. I did the research. :)

lol