Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

it has to be a bit at this point right

upopular opinion: i enjoy more the mods that try to stay in the kayfabe of the game rather than the ones that just start adding piles and piles of wacky poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

it has to be a bit at this point right

upopular opinion: i enjoy more the mods that try to stay in the kayfabe of the game rather than the ones that just start adding piles and piles of wacky poo poo

I don't think people are very good at identifying reality. Probably from playing too many video games. It's pretty obvious that I'm a gaming god, and yet here we are doubting me.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

aw youre doing a bit

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

Duck and Cover posted:

I don't think people are very good at identifying reality. Probably from playing too many video games. It's pretty obvious that I'm a gaming god, and yet here we are doubting me.

You're dead, and we have killed you.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Duck and Cover is just fishing for a new YOU DIED avatar, don't fall for such an obvious ruse

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

every game should have the grappling hook from just cause

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Duck and Cover is just fishing for a new YOU DIED avatar, don't fall for such an obvious ruse

You think I'd want anything related to known poo poo game for babies Darksouls over Gollum? Really? Lol.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Relevant Tangent posted:

Yes. I am of the firm belief that any game can be improved by the inclusion of a grappling hook or jetpack.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

getting owned in a video game and desperately trying to recover your self esteem by doing amateur level trolling

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

getting owned in a video game and desperately trying to recover your self esteem by doing amateur level trolling

Ohhh poor little Ceasar came late to the party and wants my love too? You shouldn't be so tsunde and should be kawaii! Like the good game Katamari Damacy. Which I'm probably gonna play instead of Elden Rings next time I play a video game.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I don’t play Elden rings because they’re too easy

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

yup

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Ohhh poor little Ceasar came late to the party and wants my love too? You shouldn't be so tsunde and should be kawaii! Like the good game Katamari Damacy. Which I'm probably gonna play instead of Elden Rings next time I play a video game.

Yeah turns out Katamari Damacy is still good. Still kind of poo poo at the controls though. I unlocked Ichigo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZSNHZSHcOc

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

jokes posted:

I don’t play Elden rings because they’re too easy

It sounds like Ghosts and Goblins is right up your alley. That game makes Elden Ring look like Putt Putt Travels Through Time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tango alpha delta posted:

It sounds like Ghosts and Goblins is right up your alley. That game makes Elden Ring look like Putt Putt Travels Through Time.

Oh so it makes Elden Ring like a good game?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Barudak posted:

Oh so it makes Elden Ring like a good game?

Impossible.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Space Kablooey posted:

:hmmyes: kerbal space program comes to mind. there is some good stuff that matches the aesthetic, and then there's a bunch of dumb poo poo

unpopular opinion - my favorite mods are total conversions. Desert Combat for BF1942, Star Wars: Warlords for Homeworld 2, Counterstrike 1.6 and whichever DOTA I played locally with my roommates, etc.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Sucking for attention

wait... heh

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Elden Ring sucks because it's Dark Souls but with a bunch of pointless wandering around empty space instead of interestingly designed levels. Like, you could get through Dark Souls without a guide and still discover a lot of cool poo poo, but in Elden Ring you're not gonna find anything worthwhile unless you look up where everything is scattered in the lovely open world.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Elden Ring is good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Elden Ring I like a 4/10 if the original Dark souls was a 10/10

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I enjoyed playing Elden Ring a lot. I had a lot of fun. :)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

elden ring is a real good game, not as good as dark souls or bloodborne or demon's souls but its a very good video game

the poster who said you have to look everything up is dumb

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I would never call ER bad but I'll probably play through dark souls 1 at least twice more in my lifetime and I never want to see ER again

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'll play it again when I play the dlc but tbh its like 150 hours long for a full playthrough so i'm just gonna skip most of it and beeline it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

i'll play it again when I play the dlc but tbh its like 150 hours long for a full playthrough so i'm just gonna skip most of it and beeline it

You can beat every major boss in an under a 40 hour playthrough. Just clearing the game is like 20 hours. I don't think the intent with the huge world is that you do every bit of content every time.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Yeah honestly I feel like I could do it in 15 now that I know how to play. I'll make one of those broken builds instead of stubbornly womping everything with a two handed sword without using any magic.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
womping everything with a giant two-handed sword IS the broken build

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Elden Ring is proof that the people complaining about open worlds don't actually play open world games because ER has a terrible open world. One of the worst in recent memory. But you had a bunch of soulsnerds salivating over being able to finally play an open world game that they claimed to hate so much.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I can't wait for the Elden Ring DLC. That game is so cool. 😎

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

emSparkly posted:

Elden Ring sucks because it's Dark Souls but with a bunch of pointless wandering around empty space instead of interestingly designed levels. Like, you could get through Dark Souls without a guide and still discover a lot of cool poo poo, but in Elden Ring you're not gonna find anything worthwhile unless you look up where everything is scattered in the lovely open world.

"look up" as in open your in-game map because every illustration is something interesting to see

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm sorry everyone I gave the sad folks who like Dark Souls/Elden Ring yet another opportunity to think they and their opinions are wanted in society. You think they would pick up on the fact they should shutup, but apparently that isn't the case.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm sorry everyone I gave the sad folks who like Dark Souls/Elden Ring yet another opportunity to think they and their opinions are wanted in society. You think they would pick up on the fact they should shutup, but apparently that isn't the case.

:agesilaus:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I had such a brilliant time playing Elden Ring. Marvelous

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Souls games are just rhythm games with obfuscated cues, so in reality they're worse than rhythm games because they make you waste a bunch of time memorizing things before you can play them properly.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Elden Ring side dungeons are cookie cutter shaped and are mostly boring as gently caress and have less creativity in them than Oblivion dungeons

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Keep them coming these are hilarious

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
HFW was the better open world game that came out at the same time. It's better in nearly every way, actually.
ER has better combat and combat options.
HFW is better ever other way. Graphics. Sound. Story. World. You name it, it's better. The fans are better, too.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
HFW is the most bland open world title this side of ubi soft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

HFW was the better open world game that came out at the same time. It's better in nearly every way, actually.
ER has better combat and combat options.
HFW is better ever other way. Graphics. Sound. Story. World. You name it, it's better. The fans are better, too.

What fans?