Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Hulu has Walker Texas Ranger in it's entirety now, and I might be enough of a sicko to dive in...

I also thought Oppenheimer combined the bomb development and commie pinko persecution storylines in a super clunky way that made it drag on, and it feels like they should have just picked one to focus on individually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I saw it in theaters and was a big fan (my friend wasn't that impressed). Shout out to Lupita Nyong'o's phenomenal work in that movie.

...I should probably just watch it again along with Get Out and Nope.

FYI I'm working on the next Jordan Peele film. I'd say what it is but we're probably gonna change the name.

Also he is producing a Dev Patel directed film (think John Wick / Nobody set in India) and our trailer drops in the AFC championship game. It's rad.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

Same, my brother was playing it and I was like i do not remember this opening. Once it got to the bridge its oh yeah forget our MC decided to charge in like a dumbass and nearly died.

Buh buh buh that’s the honorable way

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oh cool downstairs toilet overflowing everywhere after using the laundry cool

pittsburgh was right

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Third trip to the urgent med in less than a month with inner ear infection/badly swollen thyroid fuuuuuuuck

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

FYI I'm working on the next Jordan Peele film. I'd say what it is but we're probably gonna change the name.

Also he is producing a Dev Patel directed film (think John Wick / Nobody set in India) and our trailer drops in the AFC championship game. It's rad.

:krad: I loved Dev Patel in The Green Knight.

Back at work early since my sister's job still has her on East Coast time.
https://i.imgur.com/GsjPhTB.mp4
Nothing like being greeted by a gigantic murder of crows in front of your building.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

fartknocker posted:

Third trip to the urgent med in less than a month with inner ear infection/badly swollen thyroid fuuuuuuuck

I feel like you need a trip to an ENT.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

That and I need to find a new primary as my last one was pretty mediocre, so I didn’t even go last year at all

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Siri show me depressing as poo poo

https://x.com/unusual_whales/status/1742921575559508244?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’s super fun how the economy has unraveled completely for young people in less than like 40 years.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Funny too that Millennials think Texas is thean answer to their current situation.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is 50k what they're making before or after they move?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Update: I somehow was mixing up my thyroid with my lymph nodes, not sure how that happened (I didn’t take anatomy and just knew both are neck area). Waiting on a throat culture test thingy to see if the antibiotics I got last week just weren’t working, but my ears and chest are clear now…

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

Is 50k what they're making before or after they move?

It's an average of one Bay Area transplant, 10 new college grads cramming into one $10k per month house in Austin, and 150 Venezuelans.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Going to an ENT to me was sad, basically shoved me into a soundproof room so I could listen to frequencies, then told I have mild to moderate hearing loss. The PA looked in my ears and said "there's nothing wrong externally, it's probably the bones in your ear that are mishapen, and that's why your hearing isn't great. Nothing we can do about it. Just come in every other year or so for a hearing test and if/when it gets bad enough we can get you fitted for hearing aids." Then she used her tiny lil vacuum to suck out the earwax I had.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

fartknocker posted:

Update: I somehow was mixing up my thyroid with my lymph nodes, not sure how that happened (I didn’t take anatomy and just knew both are neck area). Waiting on a throat culture test thingy to see if the antibiotics I got last week just weren’t working, but my ears and chest are clear now…

Did they check to see if your spleen was palpable? You could have something in the mono/CMV family.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I dunno if Caro "deserves" $50m, but nobody deserves to be stuck in a Syrian torture prison for a year or two, even a dumbass with low-grade schizophrenia who inserts himself into war zones. The US flexing on Syria with this judgement is a big whatever, Assad is an evil monster so I don't care.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

Did they check to see if your spleen was palpable? You could have something in the mono/CMV family.

No. They checked my ears, which were no longer inflamed, and said my chest sounded better/clearer. They said the lymph nodes swelling isn’t unusual for this, might have just been a bit more than normal for me and it’s not something I can recall ever happening much in my life (Certainly not this badly or frequently), so I didn’t really have a clue what to do about that (Or even what it was :rolleye:). The last of the antibiotics they gave me last week still have like 2-3 days more to go, so they said keep doing that regime cause by the time that’s done, they should have the throat swab results back. Also, simple stuff like more rest, more water, extra vitamins, usual stuff like that.

So, I’ve got the rest of today off, and since my boss won’t be in tomorrow, I’ll either stay home or go on and take it stupid easy for a little bit, and then I’m already off on Monday, so I hopefully all that poo poo helps…

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Buh buh buh that’s the honorable way

Jin, after nearly dying twice in the opening sequence: hey maybe this honor poo poo sucks in practice against a foe who doesn't care about our rules

Jin's uncle: *shocked Pikachu face*

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Jin, after nearly dying twice in the opening sequence: hey maybe this honor poo poo sucks in practice against a foe who doesn't care about our rules

Jin's uncle: *shocked Pikachu face*

I was pretty annoyed the way the game forces you to *gasp* stealth kill a couple people, and then is immediately like “wow you dishonorable piece of poo poo smh”

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I found a costume variant in GoT DLC that makes your outfit look like Aloy from HZD. Took me a sec to figure it out

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how you can make the shittiest Haiku’s

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

T-Square posted:

I was pretty annoyed the way the game forces you to *gasp* stealth kill a couple people, and then is immediately like “wow you dishonorable piece of poo poo smh”

I was too initially, especially in the context of you being severely overnumbered, but it makes sense for the overall narrative. Like yeah, you didn't have a choice, but it also makes sense for Jin to go "wow I just crossed a line here," and have a visceral reaction to that.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I found a costume variant in GoT DLC that makes your outfit look like Aloy from HZD. Took me a sec to figure it out

The descriptions for all the DLC outfits are great

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

The only one I even tried on was the very last one. All the rest I just picked whatever to get the headband and move on. And yeah they never made any sense

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

T-Square posted:

Especially since the cinematics didn't match the gameplay - I walked in the front door yelling challenges for 99% of the game

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Always yell a challenge, and never sneak. And always chase the foxes

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Got a paxlovid script. Hoping the kids dodge this. They’re gonna eat so much DoorDash

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

No Butt Stuff posted:

Got a paxlovid script. Hoping the kids dodge this. They’re gonna eat so much DoorDash

Use it to try all the various chicken wing establishments in your area. That's what I do.

Took my sister to SunRice where she got the maitake silog while I got the corned beef one. Lechon was kind of overkill but the mango peach hot sauce was :discourse:.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Has anyone upgrades their router lately? I'm considering upgrading mine. I prefer mesh for how my house is setup and currently have an older Netgear Orbi setup that I like. I haven't really paid attention the last few years so I'm not really sure what wifi 6 or 7 or whatever has to offer or even if they're worth upgrading too. Anyone have some info that can help me out?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Has anyone upgrades their router lately? I'm considering upgrading mine. I prefer mesh for how my house is setup and currently have an older Netgear Orbi setup that I like. I haven't really paid attention the last few years so I'm not really sure what wifi 6 or 7 or whatever has to offer or even if they're worth upgrading too. Anyone have some info that can help me out?
I had a Netgear Orbi with a wired backhaul between satellites and it caused a lot of problems- apparently there's a known but not acknowledged issue where the entire network can go down every few hours due to an ARP storm or something?

I switched to a wired-only router supported by PoE Ubiquiti APs mounted in inconspicuous places and it's been 100% ever since for two years.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

bobjr posted:

The video game
Ghosts of Tsushima lets you
write lovely haikus

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hook up car batteries directly to my balls and computers. It's the only way to be sure.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

posters of tff i come to you with a problem: a football e/n

so my dad is a huge steelers fan. he loves the steelers. i would talk to him about the steelers before but not in any detail since i quit watching football like ~10 years ago. now that i've gotten fully back into it with this lions team, i've been talking to him more and more about football bc it's something that we can talk about and not have it go into angry shouting or whatever. except that he won't shut up about how much he wants mike tomlin fired. every game he tells me about how this is the one where tomlin loses and finally gets canned. he begs and pleads for the steelers to lose so he can have a losing season and get fired. he tells me about how he wants tj watt to be traded to a better team so he can be rewarded with a super bowl that he will never get in pittsburgh under mike t

what do i do? how do i convince him that losing tomlin won't make your qb room any better? how do i get him to talk about literally anything else about the steelers except mike tomlin jesus christ

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Our super picky teenager went out with friends today and tried a Korean corn dog. Is she becoming an adult now? I'm astonished.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Smoking Crow posted:

so my dad is a huge steelers fan. he loves the steelers. i would talk to him about the steelers before but not in any detail since i quit watching football like ~10 years ago. now that i've gotten fully back into it with this lions team, i've been talking to him more and more about football bc it's something that we can talk about and not have it go into angry shouting or whatever. except that he won't shut up about how much he wants mike tomlin fired. every game he tells me about how this is the one where tomlin loses and finally gets canned. he begs and pleads for the steelers to lose so he can have a losing season and get fired. he tells me about how he wants tj watt to be traded to a better team so he can be rewarded with a super bowl that he will never get in pittsburgh under mike t

what do i do? how do i convince him that losing tomlin won't make your qb room any better? how do i get him to talk about literally anything else about the steelers except mike tomlin jesus christ

What's your brother's SA account name?

Braksgirl posted:

Our super picky teenager went out with friends today and tried a Korean corn dog. Is she becoming an adult now? I'm astonished.
Your teen is cool. Which Korean corn dog did they try?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
He crawled under the entire length of the blanket to try and ambush his brother :3:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nervous posted:

He crawled under the entire length of the blanket to try and ambush his brother :3:

great kids a+

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

I have an eero that came free with my new ISP and it's been pretty great. Comes with an app that I can check the connection status and devices connected and even reboot the router from my phone which is a nice change of pace. If I'm having connection issues or it's slow i can just reset and power it down and back on from the app without leaving the couch. I can also set up a guest network that connects to the specific band I want and keep things flowing smoothly if I have guests over etc too.

It also has an auto mesh feature so you can just buy additional ones and pair them if I need to extend the range.

I'm about as far from knowledgeable on these things as you can get though, so there might be better bang for your buck out there and I only got this one because it was free but it was a big jump up from the netgear I had that was over 8 years old and had significant issues with DNS consistently and would drop out all the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Braksgirl posted:

I was a super picky eater as a kid and my mom got a little annoyed at me when she found out I was way less of a picky eater when having dinner at a friend's parent's house than in my own home.

Then, sometime in my teens a switch flipped in my head and I was down for pretty much anything food wise, and then like a year later I started getting really annoyed at my friends who were still picky eaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

Ask him what coach the Steelers could hire that would reliably get them winning seasons in perpetuity and, failing that, just try to steer him away from the thinly veiled racism that underpins every other moron calling for Tomlin to be fired