Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Theantero posted:

Dark Flame has the word 'flame' in it so clearly Der Shooty is going to be a Burn identity
Some of his cards as an enemy inflicted burn, so there is a chance.

Sidenote: The thing Don is fighting in her ID is probably Fragment of the Universe, she's got it's EGO gift, there are these spindly black strands in the background, and it's face is a dead ringer.

RandomReader fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I already blew a lot of my 10-pulls trying to get Outis's Holiday EGO, so who knows what I'll be able to get.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Re: whether or not Outis is a traitor, I think that she's an incredibly ruthless pragmatist. There's definitely a lot of heavy foreshadowing that she's a traitor, but for every Identity like Blade Lineage that implies that there's ones like 7 Outis who's genuinely loyal and altruistic(and fwiw, I definitely don't read Cinq Outis as plotting against Don and Sinclair, she's just a jerk and they're both...unconventional for leaders). After Canto 5 and 5.5, I'm pretty sure that Outis doesn't want to backstab Dante-not out of any personal fondness, but because their death will lead to terrible consequences for her and have her unable to fulfill her goals.

Now, the Sinners and Limbus Company as a whole, on the other hand... Yeah, Outis is 100% willing to do that. Hell, IIRC she pretty openly said in Canto 5(she claimed the same thing in Canto 2, but it was in more of a comedic context) that she considers Dante and herself the only indispensible members of the team and is absolutely willing to kill any of the others if they become inconvenient. That said, she's been very blunt about this, so.

IMO, I'm a little dubious that there's a traitor qua traitor. I mean, the guy who claimed that there would almost certainly be a traitor was Dongrang, and that moment is pretty easy to see as him projecting like an IMAX. I think that there are many Sinners who may turn against the team, and I think that there's a whole lot of people with their own agendas, but straight up 'working for someone else and intending to betray the team as a premeditated thought' I can't really see for anyone. (I do think it's very very likely that Heathcliff will end up betraying the team in Canto 6. I'm expecting that whole Canto to be an absolute shitshow all around :allears:)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Something to point out is in Hell's Kitchen Outis' meal was noted for having actual feelings put into it, so either she's really good at fooling Distortions with her shoe licking or by then she did grow some respect for Dante.

And given she's meant to be Odysseus in the middle of the odessy (her trailer video and being named Outis) I expect she did get a lot of subordinates killed or was screwed by disloyal subordinates since both are the common ocurrences in the original poem. Which would expect both her obsession with following Dante (don't be disloyal to the commander) and her tendency to start barking orders (don't dare disobey her)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TeeQueue posted:

My entire strategy with liusquad revolves around spamming lust skills to get a bajillion whistles to break the SP curve over my knee, and NClair is not nearly as good when you're regularly pushing 30-40 SP by floor 2 of MD.

A fifth burn ID that isn't named NClair would be literally perfect for this playstyle, especially since it would let me use the fusion EGO gift.

Even if you don't Whistle spam, MD is not great for negative sanity IDs because enemies start outleveling you, meaning passive SP gains for all your team members when an enemy dies.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Something to point out is in Hell's Kitchen Outis' meal was noted for having actual feelings put into it, so either she's really good at fooling Distortions with her shoe licking or by then she did grow some respect for Dante.

And given she's meant to be Odysseus in the middle of the odessy (her trailer video and being named Outis) I expect she did get a lot of subordinates killed or was screwed by disloyal subordinates since both are the common ocurrences in the original poem. Which would expect both her obsession with following Dante (don't be disloyal to the commander) and her tendency to start barking orders (don't dare disobey her)

Yeah this is generally where i'm at. That part in 3.5 in particular is why I can't really buy her sychophancy as entirely an act. She also gets kinda embarassed when it's pointed out.

Solitair posted:

I already blew a lot of my 10-pulls trying to get Outis's Holiday EGO, so who knows what I'll be able to get.

Belated protip: never roll for EGO, the chance of getting EGO doesn't increase just the chance that you'll get that specific one if an EGO does roll. This uh doesn't really help you now though.

e:

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

wait poo poo Walpurgisnacht already? fff i'm bad at saving, I do have some but gotta have to pray. At least announcers are honestly nice: incentivizes some people to pull but has 0 gameplay effect unlike IDs and EGOs.

Also if we're getting Ordeals the joke about Green Midnight and his timed laser might come true lol.

Why exactly? Besides SP management NClair is just good by virtue of being good.

NClair is a lot more limited than it first seems, especially in longform content. Him being really good is also his biggest flaw and he needs to be babysat lest he become too sane.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 5, 2024

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

If nclair starts getting sane you just make him shoot the soup mortar at the enemies. If you're in the mirror dungeon you've got so much orange to go around probably.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Octatonic posted:

If nclair starts getting sane you just make him shoot the soup mortar at the enemies. If you're in the mirror dungeon you've got so much orange to go around probably.

tbh I've never gotten the hang of nclair, that's why I've just been running cinq now lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

tbh I've never gotten the hang of nclair, that's why I've just been running cinq now lol

Given how most newer enemies gently caress with sp somehow it's very easy to have him suddenly plummet or skyrocket without warning, I also use Cinq because yeah babysitting him is a pain in the rear end.

That said he's still the king of one-off content

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Yinlock posted:

Belated protip: never roll for EGO, the chance of getting EGO doesn't increase just the chance that you'll get that specific one if an EGO does roll. This uh doesn't really help you now though.

I only did that because I couldn't buy it in the dispensary, or at least I thought I couldn't. Plus there's that sweet, sweet bonus to giftsacks to think about.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
You know, Don's new E.G.O. ID reminds me of a sheepish hungry Gremlin.

That uptied portrait's pose especially.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solitair posted:

I only did that because I couldn't buy it in the dispensary, or at least I thought I couldn't. Plus there's that sweet, sweet bonus to giftsacks to think about.

Only Walpurgis has that property, you can buy event IDs/EGOs just fine as long as it's the same season. I bought it immediately for Sacks

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

son of a gently caress

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Yinlock posted:

Only Walpurgis has that property, you can buy event IDs/EGOs just fine as long as it's the same season. I bought it immediately for Sacks

atm it's the only EGO that you'd find in the "Season 3" section of the dispensary, which in turn is the only section to not have an EGO tab, instead placing it with the IDs. And it also puts it on a separate line from the IDs, meaning that if there are at least 4 Season 3 IDs you haven't bought then (at least on mobile) it doesn't show up in the season 3 tab when you open it. It took me embarrassingly long to notice that I could scroll down on that tab, so I could understand someone not finding it when they looked and assuming that they just couldn't.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 7, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arkanian posted:

atm it's the only EGO that you'd find in the "Season 3" section of the dispensary, which in turn is the only section to not have an EGO tab, instead placing it with the IDs. And it also puts it on a separate line from the IDs, meaning that if there are at least 4 Season 3 IDs you haven't bought then (at least on mobile) it doesn't show up in the season 3 tab when you open it. It took me embarrassingly long to notice that I could scroll down on that tab, so I could understand someone not finding it when they looked and assuming that they just couldn't.

I found it right away but tbf I always forget the EGO tab even exists and look in the ID tab first like an idiot, so maybe this change was for me specifically.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1973530/announcements/detail/3880478611786244492

So while there's a lot of minor stuff here, one thing of note is that Nails and something called "Dark Flame" (obviously going to relate to Magic Bullet Outis) are classified as "Unique Status Effects" and Bleed and Burn-based EGO gifts are now also going to apply when applying those.

So Wound Clerid and Rusted Cutting Knife will now benefit N Corp teams more than they already did. Burn-based Gifts will also apply but as we don't have Magic Bullet Outis's skills yet or what Dark Flame does right now, we'll just have to wait and see in about two hours.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Looks like I got my fifth burn ID. :dance:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1973530/announcements/detail/3880478611786244492

So while there's a lot of minor stuff here, one thing of note is that Nails and something called "Dark Flame" (obviously going to relate to Magic Bullet Outis) are classified as "Unique Status Effects" and Bleed and Burn-based EGO gifts are now also going to apply when applying those.

So Wound Clerid and Rusted Cutting Knife will now benefit N Corp teams more than they already did. Burn-based Gifts will also apply but as we don't have Magic Bullet Outis's skills yet or what Dark Flame does right now, we'll just have to wait and see in about two hours.

Well poo poo, I built my teams in a specific way because N Corp wasn't working together on Bleed and I needed Sinclair in Burn, now I'll have to rework these team lineups.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Can we talk about the 1.3% rate for announcers that are never removed from the pool once you get one.

also what the actual gently caress is Dark Flame Outis that is obscene levels of power creep.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
It might just be a really cringe version of normal flame. She does have her arm bandaged up, after all. :v:

I can't find a skill explanation yet anyways, so who knows.

EDIT: oh i found it and it's pretty drat good. Everyone got their burn deluge they were hoping for I guess.

SECOND EDIT: ah gently caress she might be another minus coin wonder. :negative:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 8, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Can we talk about the 1.3% rate for announcers that are never removed from the pool once you get one.

also what the actual gently caress is Dark Flame Outis that is obscene levels of power creep.

I'm almost certain that she'll be pretty likely to blow up her own side to compensate.

TeeQueue posted:

It might just be a really cringe version of normal flame. She does have her arm bandaged up, after all. :v:

I can't find a skill explanation yet anyways, so who knows.

EDIT: oh i found it and it's pretty drat good. Everyone got their burn deluge they were hoping for I guess.

SECOND EDIT: ah gently caress she might be another minus coin wonder. :negative:

Maybe, but I don't think so. She does lower her own sanity but that's for the murder the party gimmick more than anything else I'd say.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Going by the news, they only affect 0 and 00 identity pull rates (so at worst they make HookLu and MeatDon harder to get) and dupe announcers give you 50 thread crates which. Honestly makes them a happy dupe lol.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TeeQueue posted:

I doubt it since she has +Coin Power effects which wouldn't make sense on a minus Coin ID. I assume the SP penalty on her final skill is there for balance reasons.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

The skill explanations, for those who want to see them.

Don is Rupture? I didn't expect that. Would have preferred Sinking, but thank god it's not Bleed.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Don's Support Passive is extremely funky.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
These design are so good :allears:

I wonder if the announcers will be available in the Dispensary in the next Walpurgis events: I doubt it, but I think they don't state it clearly in the announcement.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Actually looking at Outis's S3 mechanics, I really don't think she's a negative coin ID. Her S3 is basically EGO mechanics - it costs SP to use, is a single coin attack with high attack weight, and if you use it below an SP threshold there's a chance of Corroding and attacking allies.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Don being Rupture is nice since it gives her an ID to use in Rupture teams, albeit I'd have preferred her to be more Blunt since Rupture sort-of lacks Blunt IDs and has lots of Slash IDs. She does have competition with KHong on the tank role but her support is good on him and she has Rupture Count on a 1-coin S1 so she's better at that.

Outis does seem like finally an ID to make use of Burn's easy stacking given she gains both damage and clashing power out of Burn stacks (and hilariously Poise. She could technically gain 99 Poise before her attacks if the stars align). Her SP control is also mitigated by both Holiday and Blind Obsession being SP healers and both being on the main Burn units. Now give us a Ryoshu/Faust/Rodnya Liu ID so we can loving use the Burn EGOs besides ABS and Sinclair's 9:2.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Was not expecting Burn on Outis but good lord we've needed a new Burn ID like forever. Has some absurd nuke potential but it's pride-based so it's not entirely foolproof

GilliamYaeger posted:

The skill explanations, for those who want to see them.

Don is Rupture? I didn't expect that. Would have preferred Sinking, but thank god it's not Bleed.

Bleed would be preferable, honestly. Bleed could use some non-Meursault Count support and it's Rupture so you know those Count numbers are gonna be nothing

e: that's just my bias talking though. rupture smells and is lame

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 8, 2024

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
The secret burn ID that makes burn Really Good is 7 Yi Sang with UT4 Fourth Match Flame.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Yinlock posted:

Was not expecting Burn on Outis but good lord we've needed a new Burn ID like forever. Has some absurd nuke potential but it's pride-based so it's not entirely foolproof

Bleed would be preferable, honestly. Bleed could use some non-Meursault Count support and it's Rupture so you know those Count numbers are gonna be nothing

Bleed would mean I'd need to stop running Little Sister Don on that team, which isn't happening.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

I mean, Rupture is bonus damage. If you manage to put a lot of Rupture, that mean extra damage that bypass resistance.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Bleed would mean I'd need to stop running Little Sister Don on that team, which isn't happening.

:same:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I mean, Rupture is bonus damage. If you manage to put a lot of Rupture, that mean extra damage that bypass resistance.

Rupture might as well be true damage, and that's why it has such poor count application. It completely bypasses most bosses gimmicks except specifically taking less damage from Rupture.

It's really obvious if you get the Rupture Count MD gifts why they're careful with count. Because you can just completely nullify any and all thought requirements once you get enough rupture potency and count. Burn is (until Dark Flame) once per turn, Sinking against abnos is the same but against sanity havers is not and Sinking Deluge makes up for it, Bleed is also pretty high damage but also theoretically needs better count application because any coin flip triggers it. Rupture is just true damage per hit, and I've absolutely smoked stuff that was taking 1 damage from my attacks otherwise because of that.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Giving me some strong Hungry Sheepish Gremlin energy, right here.

Especially with her pose.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

i've been waffling on who to leave out of my bleed team to get my faust fluid sac fix (from n faust, who is bleed adjacent but has Mediocre Numbers these days), is little sister don that good?

peqliff seems to be consistently my all-star

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 9, 2024

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

red plastic cup posted:

The secret burn ID that makes burn Really Good is 7 Yi Sang with UT4 Fourth Match Flame.

i'm a meursault capote evangelist, it's ideal if you have some incidental tremor (which the burn team core does not) but it still turns your massive burn into stagger

also, it's the only useful thing meursault can do outside of rhino identity and Chains of Others

e: but yes Burnoutis is going to be what makes burn teams work

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 9, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Pursuance is Right There man

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Google Jeb Bush posted:

i'm a meursault capote evangelist, it's ideal if you have some incidental tremor (which the burn team core does not) but it still turns your massive burn into stagger

True, but Meursault already has a Burn ID, which excludes him from the club of secret Burn IDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

i've been waffling on who to leave out of my bleed team to get my faust fluid sac fix (from n faust, who is bleed adjacent but has Mediocre Numbers these days), is little sister don that good?

peqliff seems to be consistently my all-star
If Captain Ishmael's Envy focused like the other two members of her crew, then that'd mean that the Pequod Bleed team is basically set up to be an Envy resonance team right out of the gate. This would explain why both the Middle IDs have Bleed in their kits.

I want to see this work.