Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

lmao ^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LuxuryLarva posted:

Given that climate change is something that absolutely will happen my question is this: what are some places that will become more temperate and therefore nicer to live in once climate change really starts happening?

The Upper Peninsula will be the new seat of North American power

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

LuxuryLarva posted:

Given that climate change is something that absolutely will happen my question is this: what are some places that will become more temperate and therefore nicer to live in once climate change really starts happening?

well the oceans are gonna turn to acid so none, none of them

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

LuxuryLarva posted:

tropical highlands and oceanic climates. my plan is the sierra madre oriental

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

i think i learned like two years ago that marquette, michigan isn't a basketball powerhouse university town

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

LuxuryLarva posted:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

LuxuryLarva posted:

Given that climate change is something that absolutely will happen

You misspelled "is currently happening and is only going to continue getting worse".

But yeah, Michigan's pretty nice. And we've got tons of freshwater lakes around to help take the edge off the rest of humanity running out of water. Move in now before the climate refugees start buying up all the good land.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

LuxuryLarva posted:

Duluth, MN

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
No where is safe. Have fun!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

LuxuryLarva posted:

that's like asking if you should move to the back seat during a 100 mph car crash into a volcano

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

LuxuryLarva posted:

<drops out of a time portal from the distant past of 2019>
the PNW is gonna be a great place to deal with climate change!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

jetz0r posted:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

PostNouveau posted:

They'll blow up the bridge to keep all the trolls out well before that happens

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

LuxuryLarva posted:

This is one reason I moved where I am now. It's cool all year and has lots of rain. Even 10 degrees warmer and 10 less inches of rain we will still have similar weather to Santa Cruz or Monterey and im fine with that

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

jetz0r posted:

If you stick directly to the coast (and ignore the Cascadia subduction zone that's expected to destroy the coast in our lifetimes) it will be great

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

duluth is a miserable place

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the poles are warming much faster than the equator similar to how ice water melts before it starts going up in temp.

so i suggest living on the equator for now until the ice caps are gone and then become part of the bi-polar (heh) jet set that migrates each year between Antarctica and greenland for an endless summer

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

If you stick directly to the coast (and ignore the Cascadia subduction zone that's expected to destroy the coast in our lifetimes) it will be great

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

LuxuryLarva posted:

aww that's adorable haven't seen one of these in a while

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NWSWPC/status/1743384957136064934

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

#lockitin

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Boise's all time low temperature is -28°F but that was in 1888. More recently it is -25°F in 1990.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lmao and we're already pretty soaked up here

Gonna be a rough couple days

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i believe in a zero kelvin boise.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Lmao and we're already pretty soaked up here

Gonna be a rough couple days

in the near future the hudson will be a new amazon and we will be its jungle lords.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

i believe in a zero kelvin boise.

vision zero kelvin

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is NYC going to flood again

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The last time there was an ice storm here (Portland) sucked, I'd like that to not happen this year thanks.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Shifty Nipples posted:

The last time there was an ice storm here (Portland) sucked, I'd like that to not happen this year thanks.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shifty Nipples posted:

someone said lock it in?

i think i heard lock it in

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Fortunately that's not the NWS forecast.

The Oldest Man posted:

someone said lock it in?

i think i heard lock it in

and that isn't Portland.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Can't believe tinnitus was caused by people injecting gasoline into your ear while you sleep this whole time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is NYC going to flood again

nyc is pretty much always a little bit flooded somewhere the last decade. hurricane surge really hosed it up in 2012 but usually intense rain like we've become prone to having all year long just kills basement apartment dwellers, fucks up subway service, and inundates low lying areas that are becoming pockets of chronic flooding.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

LuxuryLarva posted:

Sir, this is the climate change. You're looking at it right now.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

skooma512 posted:

Sir, this is the climate change. You're looking at it right now.

Excuse me??? This is the weather thread. We only look at weather here

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

nyc is pretty much always a little bit flooded somewhere the last decade. hurricane surge really hosed it up in 2012 but usually intense rain like we've become prone to having all year long just kills basement apartment dwellers, fucks up subway service, and inundates low lying areas that are becoming pockets of chronic flooding.

This is just the sea creating beachheads for invasion.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

What's faster, the speed at which the sea level rises in NYC or the rate at which ground level keeps rising due to construction and garbage piling up?

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
PNW reporting in.
Lmao, over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol get some