Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
The showerhead placement is weird but I don't hate the handle placement. You could lay back in that tub in either direction without gouging your back on it. With a rainshower head directly centered above the tub it might be fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

A house a few door up has had it's drainpipe broken off half way down the wall for a year now. This is the same place where the guy built a new shed out of three old sheds and then immediately it got broken when his kids kicked a football at it so it's now half fallen apart already, just like the deck he built the previous year.

I kind of want to just buy a length of pvc pipe and go and slot it over the broken part for him.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ugh it's so close to being good actually. Just route that shower head where it belongs.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

wheatpuppy posted:

The showerhead placement is weird but I don't hate the handle placement. You could lay back in that tub in either direction without gouging your back on it. With a rainshower head directly centered above the tub it might be fine?

I've had baths like that, it's not great. If the faucet drips it drips on your knee. If you're in a long time and want to top it up with some hot water the hot is going in right at your hip rather than your toes -- and that's generally the widest part of a human so the spot with the least water to mix in. You gotta kinda scooch over and wave your hands around furiously to mix in the hot water without scalding.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Facebook Aunt posted:

I've had baths like that, it's not great. If the faucet drips it drips on your knee. If you're in a long time and want to top it up with some hot water the hot is going in right at your hip rather than your toes -- and that's generally the widest part of a human so the spot with the least water to mix in. You gotta kinda scooch over and wave your hands around furiously to mix in the hot water without scalding.

:raise:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The torso, not the toes. Although I suppose some guys are wider at the shoulder than the middle, just none I know personally.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

The torso, not the toes. Although I suppose some guys are wider at the shoulder than the middle, just none I know personally.

I would imagine this is mostly due to where most forums users reside.

How many of you want a bath anyways? How many of you would have a bath in your shower-bath without feeling like you needed to scrub it a bit first?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That tub would work out all right, if the showerhead was angled to spray down. And ideally with a sliding glass door, not a curtain. Something like that:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/CASAINC-Ra...ckel/5001578297

The reason it exists, is because they didn't want to run water through the exterior wall, which is understandable. And who knows what's behind the wall on the left, could be ductwork.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 5, 2024

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
There are lots of prewar places around here that have the setup on the long side. It’s easy to reposition the showerhead with the handheld kind and a separate bracket, but you can’t move the faucet and it super sucks.

VelociBacon posted:

How many of you want a bath anyways? How many of you would have a bath in your shower-bath without feeling like you needed to scrub it a bit first?
You can just…scrub it a bit, if you need

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I have always found that cleaning something will make it less dirty

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Crappy Construction: wrong opinions about bathing ITT

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Hadlock posted:

Crappy Construction: wrong opinions about bathing ITT

That's every thread

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

When I was building my garage, I framed my own roof, so I made this jig that guaranteed uniformity of each joist set I built.

Two friends & I raised the roof; there were a few occasions during the process that it was off like that. Not that bad, but we had to do some correcting. Still not sure if it was me or what; I started the build as a fair-to-lovely carpenter but by this time, nine months on, I was much more consistent.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

PainterofCrap posted:

When I was building my garage, I framed my own roof, so I made this jig that guaranteed uniformity of each joist set I built.

Two friends & I raised the roof; there were a few occasions during the process that it was off like that. Not that bad, but we had to do some correcting. Still not sure if it was me or what; I started the build as a fair-to-lovely carpenter but by this time, nine months on, I was much more consistent.

I had a similar issue with my workshop's roof -- again, not as bad as in that photo, but the ridge was clearly not perfectly straight. I assumed it was the walls themselves not being perfectly square/parallel.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I hate these dumbass double hinged doors. You pull on them thinking they are normal, but then the more open they get the more the motion departs from a circular arch. Why do they even loving exist?

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

deoju posted:

I hate these dumbass double hinged doors. You pull on them thinking they are normal, but then the more open they get the more the motion departs from a circular arch. Why do they even loving exist?

So the doorman doesn't need to stretch as far or lean or into the doorway as much?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

VelociBacon posted:

I would imagine this is mostly due to where most forums users reside.

We put in a bath tub in the sauna, it's under the seats so you have to be acrobatic to get in there, or remove the lower seat. Kinda crazy but it gets used a few times a year.

I think we don't use the sauna much either. I do fire it up often for additional heat in the house, works pretty well with some fans, then the heat recovery ventilaton system works real well in spreading the warmth around the house. Get a few extra degrees (C) in the room opposite the hose inside an hour for a load of firewood.

Useful right now when it's -30 outside.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Found this posted on Reddit. They're complaining of a sewage smell in the bathroom.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

but why

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Mx. posted:

but why

The answer is usually money. Spending as little of it as possible

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
You don't have to build new ducts for your air heater if you use the existing infrastructure.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Found this posted on Reddit. They're complaining of a sewage smell in the bathroom.

some Gary thought he was hot poo poo

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
The vented toilet blocking the shower makes me not sure the German expressionist tile was intentional.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

One Weird Trick to save toilet paper!

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

Cat Hatter posted:

The vented toilet blocking the shower makes me not sure the German expressionist tile was intentional.

Haha I hadn't even noticed that. Definitely seems like it was tiles with off-cuts.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jenkl posted:

Haha I hadn't even noticed that. Definitely seems like it was tiles with off-cuts.

I thought that too at first, but then I saw the other pic posted:

And it actually looks more like it's some sort of natural granite or marble tile, and those white lines aren't the tile edges, but just natural white lines in the tile.

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved

His Divine Shadow posted:

I think we don't use the sauna much either.

Is that even legal? I thought you have to use it twice a week or the poliisi will come get you.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
If he isn't in the sauna, how will they ever find him?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

PainterofCrap posted:

My weird truck to save toilet paper is to poo poo at work.
Which I'm doing right now!!
And I even have the day off (came to pick up pay check).

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I thought that too at first, but then I saw the other pic posted:

And it actually looks more like it's some sort of natural granite or marble tile, and those white lines aren't the tile edges, but just natural white lines in the tile.

"Should we pay to move the vent?"

"Absolutely not, I'm trying to turn a profit here!"

"Ok, I'll get the cheapest floor tile from the big box store"

"Are you insane? Get the marble!"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

EssOEss posted:

Is that even legal? I thought you have to use it twice a week or the poliisi will come get you.

Swedish-speaking Finns get special dispensation.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

We put in a bath tub in the sauna, it's under the seats so you have to be acrobatic to get in there, or remove the lower seat. Kinda crazy but it gets used a few times a year.

:sickos:

I think we don't use the sauna much either.

:sickos:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

PainterofCrap posted:

The amount of effort some people will go to not get a bidet :v:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Maybe it is a bidet, with auto-drying function.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I've seen water heater tanks get placed under the seats in a sauna (my grandma's apartment has that arrangement for example) but a bathtub, what the gently caress?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I knew the Ostrobothnians had some weird habits, but collecting sweat in a bathtub was not one I was expecting

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
You want bath tub, you don't have room, you find a way.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Should have just gone with plumbing the cistern into the hot water line directly.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

wesleywillis posted:

My weird truck to save toilet paper is to poo poo at work.
Which I'm doing right now!!
And I even have the day off (came to pick up pay check).

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

PainterofCrap posted:

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime…

In that case, I was sticking it to the man even more because I came in specifically to take a poo poo (and also get my pay).