Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

It'd be sorta fitting for the Steelers to be coached by someone who knows that steel is so strong it can't be melted by jet fuel.
Goddammit I was hunting for a joke but this is better than anything I could come up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dango Bango posted:

The NC game is Monday night

Saturday through Wednesday to OKC on Southwest is around $400. Three hour drive to Arlington.

Lol oops. Here I am trying to be helpful and I miss the entire purpose of the trip haha

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1743106354879844596?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

You first

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Only then we can move on to the mental health that is cancer. Or maybe the lupus that is heart disease. I am even fine with tackling the diabetes of kidney stones.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Uh…

:confused:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Her response to a school shooting.

It’s never the guns.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s never the guns.

It doesn't really matter what she's responding to, it simply makes no sense if you actually care about either cancer or mental health.

The hits just keep on coming when you don't have anything to say. This person was an ambassador to the United Nations and viewed as the sanest R candidate.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

I look forward to them dealing with the herpes that is lung disease.

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s never the guns.

And much like guns, they won't do a drat thing to support mental health.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Yes hello my name is Jin a very serious Samurai have you seen any Mongols today why are you laughing this is serious business

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

This person was an ambassador to the United Nations and viewed as the sanest R candidate.

I will never tire of espousing my hatred of Nikki Haley. Just a soulless bag of poo poo.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I look forward to them dealing with the herpes that is lung disease.

:same:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

But we won't spend any money on it, because that money could be a tax cut.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
New one for me today, I’m sitting downstairs at Brak’s work, waiting for her to get done so we can catch our flight, and someone comes in with a live baby pelican in a ream of paper box. I guess it’s wounded? They’re calling LSU, and putting rocks on this box to keep him from leaving.

When they lift the box lid, the pelican is pecking to get out, I say let him out but I’m just a visitor here. :shrug:

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 5, 2024

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Silly Burrito posted:

New one for me today, I’m sitting downstairs at Brak’s work, waiting for her to get done so we can catch our flight, and someone comes in with a live baby pelican in a ream of paper box. I guess it’s wounded? They’re calling LSU, and putting rocks on this box to keep him from leaving.

When they lift the box lid, the pelican is pecking to get out, I say let him out but I’m just a visitor here. :shrug:

Time to go get a fish and really reek some havoc.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Time to go get a fish and really reek some havoc.

I wonder if pelicans eat fried fish because just down the road…..

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Coffee with a shot of Kahlua and shot of Bailey's is my new travel go to. +Whiskey too if I'm feeling really lovely.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Travel hell I sometimes do that before work but that can be a slippery slope. I honestly enjoy the taste in coffee.

(not the whiskey though that's I'm in Vegas level)

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Trainings over teams suck. Which is I agreed to do in-person training on a complicated but not complicated proccess for like 15 people next week and I'm kind of kicking myself just a little bit. Hubris!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Silly Burrito posted:

Look,. they're just getting Zion some bench help

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yes hello my name is Jin a very serious Samurai have you seen any Mongols today why are you laughing this is serious business

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lmfao perfect

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Pelican in a Box update: it is not a pelican. It's a woodcock. (lol your mom likes woodcocks) Coworker's mom who works for Environmental Quality came and picked it up. Also, I work with some really dumb people because wtf how does this remotely look like a pelican jfc.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

Pelican in a Box update: it is not a pelican. It's a woodcock. (lol your mom likes woodcocks) Coworker's mom who works for Environmental Quality came and picked it up. Also, I work with some really dumb people because wtf how does this remotely look like a pelican jfc.

Pelicans, well known for their small pointy beaks.

Wait, no

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m sorry but who looked at that and thought “yep totally a pelican”

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

They said it was a "baby pelican." Mmmmmmkay.

Also the pelican is on our state flag. There's a big rear end state seal in our board room right outside the door where the bird was. I mean.

You have to pass this to get to the bird. Lawd help us.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 5, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Although I probably would buy a Jose Alvarado New Orleans Woodcocks jersey.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Baby Pelican, with rounded beak

https://birdfact.com/articles/baby-pelicans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah I was gonna say, I don't know what a young pelican looks like, but I'm pretty sure they'd have the neck thing even if they did have a much thinner beak

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also I found a bug today where our name parser breaks if someone enters a provider with the same first and last name. Which is really annoying because how many Dr's could there possibly be in the US with matching names and secondly, that's the exact kind of bug I'd expect to have been found in testing as surely someone would've been lazy enough to put in Smith,Smith as a dr name somewhere.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Braksgirl posted:

Also the pelican is on our state flag. There's a big rear end state seal in our board room right outside the door where the bird was. I mean.

Look I don’t get paid to notice birds OK

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm well versed in Bird Law

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Braksgirl posted:

Maybe they thought it would be quicker to get help for the bird if they claimed it was the state bird?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s a bird in Louisiana, I thought all they had was pelicans.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Smoking Crow posted:

posters of tff i come to you with a problem: a football e/n

so my dad is a huge steelers fan. he loves the steelers. i would talk to him about the steelers before but not in any detail since i quit watching football like ~10 years ago. now that i've gotten fully back into it with this lions team, i've been talking to him more and more about football bc it's something that we can talk about and not have it go into angry shouting or whatever. except that he won't shut up about how much he wants mike tomlin fired. every game he tells me about how this is the one where tomlin loses and finally gets canned. he begs and pleads for the steelers to lose so he can have a losing season and get fired. he tells me about how he wants tj watt to be traded to a better team so he can be rewarded with a super bowl that he will never get in pittsburgh under mike t

what do i do? how do i convince him that losing tomlin won't make your qb room any better? how do i get him to talk about literally anything else about the steelers except mike tomlin jesus christ

Four simple words: "Steelers Hire Brian Ferentz"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

Also I found a bug today where our name parser breaks if someone enters a provider with the same first and last name. Which is really annoying because how many Dr's could there possibly be in the US with matching names and secondly, that's the exact kind of bug I'd expect to have been found in testing as surely someone would've been lazy enough to put in Smith,Smith as a dr name somewhere.

In my school alone, there were two sets of people with the same first and last name. Not in the same year, but still...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

In my school alone, there were two sets of people with the same first and last name. Not in the same year, but still...

.... Fine I'll submit the bugfix

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
In my elementary school there were two girls the same year with the same names (when said aloud) but both first and last names were spelled differently from each other. Darcie Keene vs Darcy Kean. There parents didn't know each other/have any overlap.

There were no other Darcy/Darcie/D'Arcy 's in that class/the schools we all went to for 13 years, and I have never known any other Darcy/Darcie/D'Arcy in many many years of knowing people.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Was just asked if I wanted to travel to middle of nowhere, South Carolina on Monday for work

Easiest no of my life lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kalli posted:

.... Fine I'll submit the bugfix

Dr. Duran Duran thanks you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

Was just asked if I wanted to travel to middle of nowhere, South Carolina on Monday for work

Easiest no of my life lol

lol what town? I have to know