Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

ImpAtom posted:

Does that dude's scar go up into his hair?

Indeed! Harry Potter, eat your heart out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Volte posted:

It did? I can't find anything about it and SteamDB doesn't show any content updates since 4 years ago.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/4034728215965085488/

It's this, I think. Interesting that they're just continuing regular patching of the game after 4 years lol

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Interesting. I wonder if the Avowed hype cycle is starting soon and they want to get the Pillars games in ship shape in case there's a surge of interest from being the same universe.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sway Grunt posted:

It's Friday night and I'm listening to John Cale. Stake your claim for one of these games if you're interested and I'll PM you a key.

- Hollow Knight
- Spiritfarer
- Grime
- Planescape: Torment
- Blasphemous
- Rain World
- Crysis 2
- Burnout Paradise
- VVVVVV
- Tower of Guns

No one taking Planescape: Torment? Come on, it's a classic!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Sway Grunt posted:

It's Friday night and I'm listening to John Cale. Stake your claim for one of these games if you're interested and I'll PM you a key.

- Hollow Knight
- Spiritfarer
- Grime
- Blasphemous
- Rain World
- Crysis 2
- Burnout Paradise
- VVVVVV
- Tower of Guns

Spiritfarer?

thank you!!

err fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 5, 2024

Trickyrive
Mar 7, 2001

Sway Grunt posted:

- Hollow Knight
- Spiritfarer
- Grime
- Blasphemous
- Rain World
- Crysis 2
- Burnout Paradise
- VVVVVV
- Tower of Guns

I'll stake a claim on Blasphemous, have heard good things.

EDIT: Blasphemous still up, US cannot redeem. Thanks though!

Trickyrive fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 5, 2024

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I'm not sure what I expected from a game called Pony Island but it isn't this.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Fifteen of Many posted:

I'm not sure what I expected from a game called Pony Island but it isn't this.

:getin:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Phlegmish posted:

I assume everyone in here already has it!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Upsidads posted:

I remember when valve made augmented reality events for sales and had bonus content and had only games where you shoot nazis
to be fair, back in 2009-2010 their idea of indie gaming was Ragdoll Kung-Fu

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'd take ps:t but I already own it on steam, gog, google play, and compact disk

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Trickyrive posted:

EDIT: Blasphemous still up, US cannot redeem. Thanks though!

Yeah, if anyone's in one of the countries in the Africa + ME region and wants Blasphemous let me know. It's apparently a Team17 restriction that I wasn't aware of.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Forum's full of Mauritanians so I'm sure it'll be grabbed in no time

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Sway Grunt posted:

- Hollow Knight
- Spiritfarer
- Grime
- Blasphemous
- Rain World
- Crysis 2
- Burnout Paradise
- VVVVVV
- Tower of Guns

Could I get Tower of Guns? You're dope for this, thanks a ton!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Sway Grunt posted:

- Hollow Knight
- Spiritfarer
- Grime
- Blasphemous (region-locked, will only work if you're in one of these countries)
- Rain World
- Crysis 2
- Burnout Paradise
- VVVVVV
- Tower of Guns

Phlegmish posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who hasn't played Planescape. I'll take it if it's still available!

EDIT: Goddamn, that was fast. Thanks Sway Grunt!

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 5, 2024

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Sway Grunt posted:

- Hollow Knight

This is supposed to be pretty good, yeah? Happy to grab it if it's still available, thanks!

e: and received - cheers buddy!

Gromit fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 6, 2024

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hollow Knight owns

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Countblanc posted:

Re: general PC gaming, does anyone have recommendations for foot pedals to use for push-to-talk? The price seems to vary wildly and I'm really not sure what I should be looking for as a basic but sturdy option.

the sinden lightgun discord people say these ikkegol pedals work fine: https://www.amazon.com/iKKEGOL-Control-Customized-Computer-Keyboard/dp/B01NAL3DV6

they're using it for poo poo like time crisis, people seem pretty happy with them. there's versions with more pedals if you want more than just a single ptt button, there's versions without the shroud if you want the whole pedal to be pressable. you can program each button to be a keyboard or mouse key or macro.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hwurmp posted:

Hollow Knight owns

Can't wait to play the sequel this year, 2024

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

parasyte posted:

the sinden lightgun discord people say these ikkegol pedals work fine: https://www.amazon.com/iKKEGOL-Control-Customized-Computer-Keyboard/dp/B01NAL3DV6

they're using it for poo poo like time crisis, people seem pretty happy with them. there's versions with more pedals if you want more than just a single ptt button, there's versions without the shroud if you want the whole pedal to be pressable. you can program each button to be a keyboard or mouse key or macro.

Cool, that's the one I was looking at.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

kazil posted:

Can't wait to play the sequel this year, 2024

:negative:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

we're approaching five years since they first showed silksong

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The ruling bodies of the world have agreed to extend 2023 indefinitely in anticipation.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sway Grunt posted:

- Burnout Paradise

This please if it's still available?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

silksong was supposed to be out before starfield :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now you have to deal with two disappointments

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FuzzySlippers posted:

The most ideal solution is to minimize numerical power growth so this issue isn't as significant. I don't particularly enjoy the number inflation game of increasing your stats to keep up with enemy stat increases. It's more interesting when levels and equipment grant you more tactical options and gameplay styles. Souls does this to a degree except the equipment upgrade system ends up being an important but uninteresting number chasing element.

Yeah I like upgrading stats and making numbers go up but for enemy scaling to feel satisfying there need to be other less-quantifiable ways to get ahead of the power curve. Like maybe I go back to an old area and enemies have attack and HP roughly relative to mine now, but now I have a sick AOE attack or a teleport or whatever and I still get to feel like I'm stunting on them.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cross-Section posted:

Gabe took the joking about his yachts personally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWUOa55s8Pw

I liked the eligibility requirements to qualify for the sale

"Games that are mostly about trading or bartering are not eligible for this event. Sorry, this is an event for Capitalist titles only!"

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Traders provide a valuable service, recognised since pre-historic times. Capitalists otoh... well, let's put it this way: there is wikipedia article for "rent seeking", it's regarding worthless gits making a market worse with their money and it doesn't even bother to explain where the term comes from, it's so obvious.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
At least there won't be zombie games.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Scalding Coffee posted:

At least there won't be zombie games.

I don't think that's possible.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

quote:

Examples of games that may not include making money (as described above) as the primary game mechanic and thus may not be eligible include:

- Games where survival is the primary component

confirmed: capitalism is anathema to survival

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Sway Grunt posted:

- Crysis 2

May I benchmark my PC with Crysis 2?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New humble bundle for digital board games: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/play-pink-with-twin-sails

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
I've got a stupid post-sale urge for some pure tower defence along the lines of Defence Grid - any suggestions?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sway Grunt posted:

- Hollow Knight
- Spiritfarer
- Grime
- Blasphemous (region-locked, will only work if you're in one of these countries)
- Rain World
- Crysis 2
- Burnout Paradise
- VVVVVV
- Tower of Guns
I've been meaning to get VVVVVV for ages, would love it if it was still available.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I, Butthole posted:

I've got a stupid post-sale urge for some pure tower defence along the lines of Defence Grid - any suggestions?

GemCraft: Chasing Shadows
Immortal Defense

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Ha I listening to an old podcast mentioning Defence Grid and I got the urge to play that again for the first time in over ten years. Used the sale to finally get the DLC and 2.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Grabbed the Guardians of the Galaxy freebie from EGS (available until 1/11) and I am postively surprised by it.

They nailed the characters, the crew banter and the aesthetics so far, even if they could not use the the MCU likenesses.

Some amazing set pieces and art direction. I just finished the Sacrosanct chapter last night and that was some cool design.

Combat can get hectic and a bit repetitive, there are QTEs and unskippable cutscenes that lead up to them, so if you fail because they are a bit obscure at first (or are old like me) you gotta sit through them multiple times.
(Seriously, sudden QTE out of nowhere where you need to figure out you have to align three circles with mouse AND keyboard at the same time and in the end confirm with MIDDLE mouse button or it's game over?)

Solid performance (100 fps) on a 2070S at 3440x1440 with DLSS set to balanced, looks very crisp overall.

But apart from that, good fun so far and the story seems to be compelling enough to push forward. Was not expecing to enjoy it as much as I do.

If you're not a Steam purist, hop on and get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

I, Butthole posted:

I bounced off of it, but I know people here really liked Legion TD 2.