Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Today I start my one-month tolerance break. 2024 is off to a hell of a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I swear edibles and smoke are two different drugs.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Edibles seem to hit my body way harder than smoke.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sucrose posted:

I think of them like that. They're both great, but pretty different.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

That's what the cops used to do up the street from my house. They'd get together at the Sheriff's Posse Rodeo, throw all the weed they seized in a pile, burn it, and hang out. You'd know they were doing it because the whole neighborhood would smell loud as hell for a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAssPedIdbk

I like joints for portability. It's also a lot more discreet at family gatherings. I have older relatives who are slowly seeing that Reefer Madness wasn't a documentary. If I whipped out a bong, they'd probably think I was doing meth, or crank, or garg, or turb, or whatever it is these days.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sucrose posted:

they might as well be. i think thats the best way to think about it at least.

smoking = fast acting, kicks like a mule, intense high that lasts a few hours (depending on your tolerance). ideal dose is ~1 bowl for me

eating = less is more. slow come up, long long plateau of 6+ hours (again depending on tolerance), fairly gentle but pleasant buzz the entire time (unless you are taking huge doses). ideal dose for me, with high tolerance, is 50-75mg

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fired up the gravity bong and put on Hardcore. This is one scuzzy rear end movie. Pretty good.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Sucrose posted:

They basically are, edibles are metabolized by the liver into a stronger version of THC.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My gut microbiome loves to get baked on edibles and play a tiny version of video games in my intestines

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
For Xmas my friend got me one of those 30MG CBD/CBG shooters. Drank it last night and woke up on the couch like 3 hours later. I don't think I've fallen asleep on the couch for years.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
In St. Lucia and I found an old rasta with some decent local land race stuff for like 3g/10bux. A lot of seeds and stem but the high is so pleasant and easy going and I wish I could get it on prescription at home.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

In St. Lucia and I found an old rasta with some decent local land race stuff for like 3g/10bux. A lot of seeds and stem but the high is so pleasant and easy going and I wish I could get it on prescription at home.

Bring some of the seeds home!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Unfortunately, even though we have relaxed the laws for medical, growing a single plant is Intent To Supply under the law at home and I like having a business and a house and the ability to travel anywhere, otherwise I'd be starting my own farm.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ReelBigLizard posted:

Unfortunately, even though we have relaxed the laws for medical, growing a single plant is Intent To Supply under the law at home and I like having a business and a house and the ability to travel anywhere, otherwise I'd be starting my own farm.

send us the seeds then!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I'm just planning on retiring early to Grenada and starting a farm with all the nice island strains I've found.

The best one so far was from the tiny island of Bequia. Incredibly uplifting to the point where a pretty bird in the garden could make you tear up with joy, never had anything like it before or since.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
So the pharmacy hosed up my prescription update and I just picked up 40g instead of 15g lol

I'm gonna get a refund on it because I want to change strains and I'll be until April getting through all this.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Do you guys have a website you like for cheap glass?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I'm trying to figure out how much weed a dude who was 200 feet tall would have to smoke to be too blazed to move. I asked chatgpt and it didn't know and I'm bad at math. This is for my own personal edification/maybe for dungeons and dragons.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Cage posted:

Do you guys have a website you like for cheap glass?

dhgate is the place for China glass and I think r/chinaglass has some reviews

The dhgate “mobius” is a good standard. It’s pretty thick and decent quality

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm trying to figure out how much weed a dude who was 200 feet tall would have to smoke to be too blazed to move. I asked chatgpt and it didn't know and I'm bad at math. This is for my own personal edification/maybe for dungeons and dragons.
First of all due to the square cube law, such a person would not be able to support their own weight. But that's not fun so let's ignore that. Let's assume a male 6' and 180 pounds.

The difference between 200' and 6' is a factor of 33.3x and the square cube law would place your weight at 33.3 x 33.3 x 33.3 x 180, or 6.5 million pounds (not needed for this experiment, but probably helpful to understand).

Making some further really broad assumptions, let's say you need to smoke an entire eighth to be too blazed to move (conservative estimate). at 33.3^3 x 3.5g (/454 to convert to pounds) you would need to smoke roughly 285 pounds of weed if I did this math correctly.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
my new year resolutions are to smoke more weed and drink more water

what strain has the best cottonmouth?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
dhgate is probably where your local headshop buys from anyway and thats where i have been going for glass ever since i discovered it a couple years back. the prices cant be beat, but youre going to be waiting around a month on avg to receive your order to the US.

that being said, i have always received what i ordered from various sellers (probably 10-15 orders) on there and it has always matched the picture/description although the latest thing i got was broken in transit despite appearing to be well packaged. the seller was responsive over the dhgate messaging feature and only asked for a picture of the broken item. they said they would send another but i am not exactly holding my breath for it... we'll find out next month i guess

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Jelly posted:

First of all due to the square cube law, such a person would not be able to support their own weight. But that's not fun so let's ignore that. Let's assume a male 6' and 180 pounds.

The difference between 200' and 6' is a factor of 33.3x and the square cube law would place your weight at 33.3 x 33.3 x 33.3 x 180, or 6.5 million pounds (not needed for this experiment, but probably helpful to understand).

Making some further really broad assumptions, let's say you need to smoke an entire eighth to be too blazed to move (conservative estimate). at 33.3^3 x 3.5g (/454 to convert to pounds) you would need to smoke roughly 285 pounds of weed if I did this math correctly.

Weird that's only 15 pounds less than my guesstimate.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Vgoodiez has various priced options, you can get a cube or orb for ~$40

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jelly posted:

First of all due to the square cube law, such a person would not be able to support their own weight.

math is stupid and does nothing but restrict our dreams

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Code Jockey posted:

it's more of a biomechanical flaw really

like lung capacity not being infinite

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

Math is the language of reality man but you don't have to speak it to dream.

You do so anyways, even if you don't know.

Anyways, gonna get high.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

dervival posted:

it's more of a biomechanical flaw really

like lung capacity not being infinite

at 200 feet tall, capillary functions would need to pump like a firehouse to circulate everything correctly

also dude could smoke literal trees

edit

:350: there is a beauty in the Hard No of mathematics.. because if you can find a way to yes, then it loving works :350:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

at 200 feet tall, capillary functions would need to pump like a firehouse to circulate everything correctly

also dude could smoke literal trees

edit

:350: there is a beauty in the Hard No of mathematics.. because if you can find a way to yes, then it loving works :350:

I was contemplating him as a demigod for dungeons and dragons. He's the god of indolence and smoking a thousand pounds of weed daily. He's worshipped by the lazy and the stoned, and the great thing about worshipping him is that missing his weekly services because you didn't feel like going is an act of devotion in and of itself. Physics don't mean poo poo on Toril or wherever.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I was contemplating him as a demigod for dungeons and dragons. He's the god of indolence and smoking a thousand pounds of weed daily. He's worshipped by the lazy and the stoned, and the great thing about worshipping him is that missing his weekly services because you didn't feel like going is an act of devotion in and of itself. Physics don't mean poo poo on Toril or wherever.

What about some giant fungal system with massive pipes and burning systems?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I think he just uses a hollowed out log as a chillum.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
drop nugs in a volcano

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If I were some giant plant or fungus SMOKING weed all the time, I'd worry about self immolation. Seems like a real threat. Why not giant edibles? Or maybe the whole swamp has got THC?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

He’s not a fungus he’s a big fat guy the size of a castle.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He’s not a fungus he’s a big fat guy the size of a castle.
My mistake, apologies.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I AM ANGRY AND OFFENDED

lol

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

There better be some artifact-level magic item associated with him that can be used as a bong or something. And it lets you cast fog cloud and slow and plant growth some other appropriate spells.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

drop nugs in a volcano

:haibrow: Dude could build a dragon kiln bong up a cindercone volcano. Take such massive rips that the smoke clouds cause tiny squalls with teeny bolts of lightning

dude could also debark trees and use them as rolling papers. Maybe he turned a water tower into a hand pipe? also if the dude is a god, he could be a savage and put the weed in a loose fist and suck on it so hard that the air rushing past ignites it :shrug:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I am a giant mushroom and I smoke too much to move on the daily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

drop nugs in a volcano

:weed: