Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

poisonpill posted:

We should all be named after superheroes from awful movies itt

You change your name to Super Argo and i promise to become the Pyuma man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Imagine going to the theater to see Morbius just for the famous “it’s morbin time” line that the internet got you excited for only to find out after almost 2 hours that the line is low in the mix and easy to miss without headphones.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Gutcruncher posted:

Imagine going to the theater to see Morbius

Absolutely not :colbert:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Space Kablooey posted:

14 pages in 5 days is rookie numbers for this thread

This year started with a comparative whimper (Half in the Bag: Derivative Holiday Horrors) compared to the tour-de-force that was last year's Nukie spectacular.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gutcruncher posted:

Imagine going to the theater to see Morbius just for the famous “it’s morbin time” line that the internet got you excited for only to find out after almost 2 hours that the line is low in the mix and easy to miss without headphones.

the CGI when he morbs out looks so lovely. They did an action figure of him in morbin' mode and it looks so much better as a toy than it did in the movie

300 dollars, that

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Space Kablooey posted:

14 pages in 5 days is rookie numbers for this thread

gently caress you, it's January.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

not trolled not crying posted:

one friend of mine is a huge Bernthal fan but I had to

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think Bernthal is an okay actor but absolutely not the kind of guy that anyone would be a huge fan of

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Lemme tellya sumthin

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

i usually disagree with jay's weird opinions but i concur that showgirls is a secret masterpiece. i should get around to watching basic instinct, still havent seen that, but those were my priorities. does anyone still do it anywhere close to like verhoeven or has satire lost its way?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Last year we had M3GAN. What’s this year’s M3GAN, Spoopy Pool?!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This trailer advertises that it's from the producer of M3GAN and looks like it's going for a similar thing, but who knows how good it'll be. Comes out in March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnoQGGkQSjM

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

dreezy posted:

i usually disagree with jay's weird opinions but i concur that showgirls is a secret masterpiece. i should get around to watching basic instinct, still havent seen that, but those were my priorities. does anyone still do it anywhere close to like verhoeven or has satire lost its way?

I wanna say cronenberg jr maybe as Infinity Pool has a real satirical edge to it, it will be interesting to see what he does next.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

M3G4N

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Watched Con Air for the first time in 20 years and drat that movie kinda rules

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Con Air has 0 Slade Craven's
The Turbulence franchise lol has 1 Slade Craven

Checkmate bitch

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

for most of my life i thought con air was directed by michael bay. in hindsight its not crazy/stupid enough. but it has the same feel as the rock so you can see how i was confused

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
More action movies should have a whole menagerie of memorable villains like die hard and con air

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also colm meaney was 100% in the right the whole movie and should have fired the missile wtf steve buschemi killed 30 kids and got away!!!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

More action movies should have a whole menagerie of memorable villains like die hard and con air

That means having to hire real actors for the parts that usually stunt people in different clothes do.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

for most of my life i thought con air was directed by michael bay. in hindsight its not crazy/stupid enough. but it has the same feel as the rock so you can see how i was confused
you were probably sensing jerry bruckheimer in the producer's chair

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

also colm meaney was 100% in the right the whole movie and should have fired the missile wtf steve buschemi killed 30 kids and got away!!!

Been saying this for years. Also when he shouts out “the plane is going to crash in the middle of a busy street. The civilian casualties are going to be enormous!” But nobody replies or anything, and the shot just cuts away without it being resolved

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

NorgLyle posted:

After it was featured on BotW, I tracked down a copy of Stone Cold starring Brian Bosworth and it is even more fantastic than the episode made it look.

I've watched Stone Cold at least twice since the BotW. It seriously owns and is top tier B-level action shlock. The stunts are wild, Bosworth plays it perfectly, solid plot and pretty stacked cast giving their all. For anybody who enjoys Arnold/Stallone/JCVD it's a must watch

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah bruckheimer movies had almost an even more definitive “feel” to them than Bay movies alone.

I hated con air when I saw it because the constant music with lovely guitar was incredibly irritating.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I owned the con air instrumental soundtrack on compact disc and it owned

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

just to be completely clear for everyone else: nobody says "it's morbin time" in the movie, it's just an internet joke. I haven't seen the movie but I know in my heart it can't be real

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

FeculentWizardTits posted:

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think Bernthal is an okay actor but absolutely not the kind of guy that anyone would be a huge fan of

Cops

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well I just got back from the Canadian premiere of Tommy Weisau's new film Big Shark, and Greg Sestero was there to introduce the movie and do a bit of Q&A.

It's not as earnestly funny as The Room because Tommy was certainly leaning into this one being a comedy. But at the same time he's still an insane alien disguised as a Polish expat living in America and that shines through in several spots. The best character was his cowboy buddy Tim. That actor was clearly having a blast.

It was like watching a trio of alcoholics battle a big Shark that only killed people on land. You have Tim the functional alcoholic who gets increasingly deranged as the movie goes on, Georgie the depressed alcoholic who can't hold his liquor, and Tommy playing a psychopath who has manic mood swings between attempts to get his coworkers killed.

Definitely worth watching with a few beers and friends but it can't quite capture the magic of The Room.

Greg seemed like a really nice guy.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
wait tommy is polish?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Possibly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

wait tommy is polish?

No one knows where he's from and he's not saying

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Poland is the name of a planet in the Zeta Gemini system.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

PostNouveau posted:

No one knows where he's from and he's not saying
he's from new orleans :mad:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i thought he just got hit in the head too many times and thats why he talks the way he does

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

You have Tim the functional alcoholic who gets increasingly deranged as the movie goes on,

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cubone posted:

he's from new orleans :mad:

Greg mentioned that while filming Big Shark in New Orleans Tommy took him to the street where he grew up and it was an empty lot with no sign anything had ever been there. So I interpret that to mean it was the spot where he fell from the sky like Mr Bean.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

What if the con air was the money plane all along?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

What if the con air was the money plane all along?

No alligator

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Arc Hammer posted:

Greg mentioned that while filming Big Shark in New Orleans Tommy took him to the street where he grew up and it was an empty lot with no sign anything had ever been there. So I interpret that to mean it was the spot where he fell from the sky like Mr Bean.

either fell from the sky or crawled out of the ground

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Tommy is from the American state of New Orlandoeans. Doesn’t his perfect accent give that away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the disaster artist audio book is super good btw. i recommend it to everyone. greg does a PERFECT tommy impression throughout. it makes the disaster artist movie look like poo poo