Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

NtotheTC posted:

DK players scare me. When he was played as a Pos1 a few patches ago I came across a DK/Io lanes a few times and its terrifying because you know they both must have a pathalogical resistance to boredom. People willing to play that lane are capable of ANYTHING

I know I am facing a true psychopath when the pregame screen tells me the enemy viper has 2000+ games on the hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Blink dagger from old dotes. The poster just wanted you to know how OG he is.

yea thats right

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
click the little ? for more anachronisms

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My favorite part about a guy getting elitist and using old names in my games is reminding him that he's been playing for almost 20 years and he's still at 2k mmr if he got matched with me

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Omg noob bara

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

sometimes i call mirana potm to annoy mirana players

i did this for a long time before actually figuring out what potm meant

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

it's fun to say potm bottom

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

cock hero flux posted:

sometimes i call mirana potm to annoy mirana players

i did this for a long time before actually figuring out what potm meant

mirana is still potm in dota 2 (as we all know, it stands for princess of the moon like it always has) :dota101:

dota2.com posted:

Born to a royal family, a blood princess next in line for the Solar Throne, Mirana willingly surrendered any claim to mundane land or titles when she dedicated herself completely to the service of Selemene, Goddess of the Moon. Known ever since as Princess of the Moon, Mirana prowls the sacred Nightsilver Woods searching for any who would dare poach the sacred luminous lotus from the silvery pools of the Goddess's preserve. Riding on her enormous feline familiar, she is poised, proud and fearless, attuned to the phases of the moon and the wheeling of the greater constellations. Her bow, tipped with sharp shards of lunar ore, draws on the moon's power to charge its arrows of light.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Blizzard couldn't copyright princesses or moons, surprisingly.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In WC3 it was Priestess of the Moon, iirc

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
potm of the moon
kotl of the light
qop of pain

Beef
Jul 26, 2004
qop top
potm bottom
meep mid

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
feels like just yesterday that Kelen's Dagger of Escape suddenly turned into Kelen's Dagger of Surprise Motherfucker

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
bring back portal key and the sound effect

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I had a match the other day that I just can't get out of head around. Our line up:
Dire:
Lich
WD
LC
Bane
NP -> me, offlane

Radiant:
CM
Pudge
Sand King
WK
Slark

So we had a weird draft, and Lich went mid. We absolutely smashed mid and offlane. Safelane was not bad.

WK and Pudge fed so much I was top level, and top networth the entire game, but we just couldn't win. I pushed like mad and kept split pushing (I got 25 around 35min). The rest of my team just fed and fed over and over until Slark caught up. I just couldn't deal with him. I'm not sure how to itemize against him as NP. I figured that Slark would be managed by LC and Bane and I could hunt backline but they didn't itemize for anything useful.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Put power treads back on a little wooden leg!

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
where the gently caress are my aegis charges icefrog

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I had a match the other day that I just can't get out of head around. Our line up:
Dire:
Lich
WD
LC
Bane
NP -> me, offlane

Radiant:
CM
Pudge
Sand King
WK
Slark

So we had a weird draft, and Lich went mid. We absolutely smashed mid and offlane. Safelane was not bad.

WK and Pudge fed so much I was top level, and top networth the entire game, but we just couldn't win. I pushed like mad and kept split pushing (I got 25 around 35min). The rest of my team just fed and fed over and over until Slark caught up. I just couldn't deal with him. I'm not sure how to itemize against him as NP. I figured that Slark would be managed by LC and Bane and I could hunt backline but they didn't itemize for anything useful.

That game is just not winnable for your team past min 40. Not enough scaling power period. Your team had to win by min 25 or at least 2 rax or GG. You might want to explore a few harder scaling heroes while you're in unranked to prevent these drafts.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Most chars can't itemize against a fed slark, he has 5 escape/engage buttons at full build and you can't buy 5 orchids and rod of atos, and he can clear those items anyway with his Q.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Slark real feast or famine but I do find it difficult to reign him in even after a good lane pre 6

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Slark being a slippery little bastard is why he's fun in pubs

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I misspoke it was Slardar not slark. I think it all applies the same though.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, your lineup didn't really have anything to counter him, being this squishy. Unless the LC managed to get big, I suppose.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

anilEhilated posted:

Well, your lineup didn't really have anything to counter him, being this squishy. Unless the LC managed to get big, I suppose.

Lc just fed. Infact they said on the draft screen they'd be offlane, I picked NP as 4. but then once the game started they went safe lane and pinged me to go offlane. We also didn't have a real mid. It was one of those games where there was just no cohesive plan. LC didn't get big enough or itemize for Slardar so it all fell on me but NP just can't deal with it.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

WK and Pudge fed so much I was top level, and top networth the entire game, but we just couldn't win. I pushed like mad and kept split pushing (I got 25 around 35min). The rest of my team just fed and fed over and over until Slark caught up.

If you were #1 networth and didn't come to teamfights while split pushing, your team is fighting without their most powerful hero and should expect to lose. The tradeoff is you need to take an objective. So if you weren't taking objectives during your splitpush then you're basically just causing your team to lose teamfights 4v5.

And if they're losing 4v4, then you need to kill whoever came to stop your push or just leave and make the teamfight 5v4 in your favor because the enemy hero can't rejoin.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Typically I'd get a pick off or two and then call to push but instead they kept farming and got picked off by Slardar one at a time. But I get the point.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Typically I'd get a pick off or two and then call to push but instead they kept farming

Dota really is the same game at all MMRs :v:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I've been going wraith band, maelstrom, orchid and then just stats instead of Treants and you just tp around setting wards and racking up kills. NP is an early/mid game menace, I love it in unranked joke games.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
assuming you told them this everyone else picking fuckin WD/lich/bane after this are the ones who caused this loss

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nothing tilts me harder than CMs who take Arcane Aura at level 2 / put more than 1 point into it :negative:

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I've been going wraith band, maelstrom, orchid and then just stats instead of Treants and you just tp around setting wards and racking up kills. NP is an early/mid game menace, I love it in unranked joke games.

Though its fun to go stats, even as a support NP I recommend leveling your E before stats, even if all you do is send them down lanes on cooldown, it will add up to a large pushing advantage for your team. The talents for reduced E cooldown and additional E treants also have higher winrates last time I looked. Even one point is helpful for not taking damage and staying full health while doing jungle camps, which allows you to keep full health for teleport ganks. Consider Witch Blade as an early pickup if you are winning, to snowball harder.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I can't wait for this khanda craze to end (looking at you loser sniper who lost us the game)

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Nothing tilts me harder than CMs who take Arcane Aura at level 2 / put more than 1 point into it :negative:

I do that when I’m having a miserable lane. At least I can help the other two lanes by giving them more mana.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Sounds very chicken egg

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oodles posted:

I do that when I’m having a miserable lane. At least I can help the other two lanes by giving them more mana.

You're having a miserable lane because you didn't take your real abilities :getout:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
aura at level 2 is circumstantially okay. if your carry isn't strong til lvl >=3 you can spam out a bit more to give them an easier time. it's not an every game thing, but it is done https://dota2protracker.com/hero/Crystal%20Maiden

i don't think you should level it more than that til you have one of the dmg abilities at level 4 though

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I wouldn't believe my random rear end pubs know when it's worth doing. And I've been seeing it with frustrating frequency lately.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
make 4/4/0/0 Crystal maiden great again

Krut Etarieht
Mar 7, 2015
my plan with CM is to go one point in Q then max W during the lane, (probably) with a point in the E at level 4

Sometimes things don't pan out and I find myself taking E at 2 or 3 (if I'm really low on mana, don't have mangos etc.)

But the idea is to just set up for an initiation where you're able to W, cast Q as they run away, then get another W off. Very few heroes can survive this if you do it properly, and it synergises well with most allied heroes.

I don't think I'd skip ult for extra points in Q vs having like 2 mangos on me for mana issues

Krut Etarieht fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jan 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Cm can max the q or w first, all depends on laning partners and match ups. Occasionally I'll opt for a 2nd point in e when someone else on the team is eating all the mangoes so I might go 1,2,2 or 2,1,2. Sometimes I get the passive at 3, other times I wait till 4. Cms level 3 power spike if you skip the passive is pretty big. Just depends on available regen/ mana status.

Sometimes I hold off skilling ult if I'm really struggling for mana or the teams not looking to take a fight where q and w aren't enough. The ult costs a lot of mana and cm struggles with her pool early.

Cm shard is like a free Midas too. As soon as min 20 hits convince your team to take the tormentor. It's like an aoe frostbite for 50 mana.