Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/srLnyoA.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Did he just glitch through the ropes?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Amazing lmao

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

WoodrowSkillson posted:

many years ago there was a perfect compilation of steiner called "scott steiner is the greatest professional wrestler alive" and it has entirely disappeared from the internet. its loss is a great tragedy

Punk and some other Indy guys decided to quote every part of Steinermania at a famous Japanese wrestler they were working with who didn't really know English. Punk's part was to walk right up to him and go "YOU GONNA SUCK MY DICK OR WHAT?!'

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/tPjUMUr.mp4

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Where has this been all my life?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

many years ago there was a perfect compilation of steiner called "scott steiner is the greatest professional wrestler alive" and it has entirely disappeared from the internet. its loss is a great tragedy
https://archive.org/details/Scott-Steiner-is-the-greatest-wrestler-of-all-time

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
regular wrestlefans looking for a deleted youtube video:

me a computer hacker:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Cat Hatter posted:

Did he just glitch through the ropes?

Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor hit the ropes half a second before him, stretched them, Akeem/I don't know his real name off the top of my head came in a touch too low and he slipped through the slightly wider gap.

--

In other wrestling news, it seems that The Guy Nobody Likes But Vince, one of the great hidden cancers of wrestling according to most everyone, Kevin Dunn, has finally left WWE. Though as one of his biggest detractors, Jim Cornette said, it wasn't like he finally got run out on a rail. He's 68 and he's retired rich from all the money owning WWE stock got him. Still, in this business, you take what you can get, and Dunn leaving is also a strong sign that Vince might well have fully screwed himself out of top dog power in his new company just like Ted Turner got reduced to middle management when AOL merged with Time Warner.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cornwind Evil posted:

Akeem/I don't know his real name off the top of my head

The African Dream

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

In other wrestling news, it seems that The Guy Nobody Likes But Vince, one of the great hidden cancers of wrestling according to most everyone, Kevin Dunn, has finally left WWE. Though as one of his biggest detractors, Jim Cornette said, it wasn't like he finally got run out on a rail. He's 68 and he's retired rich from all the money owning WWE stock got him. Still, in this business, you take what you can get, and Dunn leaving is also a strong sign that Vince might well have fully screwed himself out of top dog power in his new company just like Ted Turner got reduced to middle management when AOL merged with Time Warner.

There's no bigger sign that Vince absolutely carny'ed himself out of power than the fact that Kevin Dunn has left WWE.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

kevin done

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

And the reason Kevin Dunn leaving means Vince might not have power anymore is that he was guaranteed a job for life by Vince's father because Kevin's father saved a bunch of tapes from a burning car for him.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
akeems shoot name is one man gang

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Regrettable posted:

And the reason Kevin Dunn leaving means Vince might not have power anymore is that he was guaranteed a job for life by Vince's father because Kevin's father saved a bunch of tapes from a burning car for him.

Although according to Cornette, that story is more urban legend than fact.

And Akeem's real name is George Gray, if you were wondering.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

his real name is akeem, formally the one man gang

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i love you and will marry you if you ask

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't know how many of you have seen the Iron Claw yet, but the Ric Flair performance in that is possibly the worst rendition of a real person that I've ever seen in a movie. Just so comically bad.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't know how many of you have seen the Iron Claw yet, but the Ric Flair performance in that is possibly the worst rendition of a real person that I've ever seen in a movie. Just so comically bad.

to be the man you have to beat the man and that actor never beat the man

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

to be the man you have to beat the man and that actor never beat the man

In fairness I dunno if anyone could do Ric Flair justice. They shoulda just de-aged him or used stock footage.

But holy poo poo even as an impersonator this one was sooo bad

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I haven't watched a WWE/F thing since like 1990 (my friends got into the WCW/NWO thing in the late 90's so I saw some of that through osmosis), but this thread got me watching the Dark Side of the Ring documentary series, and it's fascinating. So far the big elephant in the room is that Vince McMahon is well-known as a colossal piece of poo poo, and everyone just kind of skirts around saying it, because either they're still on a payroll or have friends who are.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Though as one of his biggest detractors, Jim Cornette said, it wasn't like he finally got run out on a rail.
From watching the documentary, I have learned that Jim Cornette doesn't seem to like Vince Russo very much.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

WhiteHowler posted:

From watching the documentary, I have learned that Jim Cornette doesn't seem to like Vince Russo very much.

hell,

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
TIL one of Triple H's gimmicks was Jean-Paul Levesque who sported a ridiculous French accent

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
I believe Cornette when he talks about actually wanting to piss on Russo's grave

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

TIL one of Triple H's gimmicks was Jean-Paul Levesque who sported a ridiculous French accent

it was one of his first gimmicks ever lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mannerup posted:

I believe Cornette when he talks about actually wanting to piss on Russo's grave

if he is mentally invalid when russo dies his wife has to help him to the grave and help him piss on it or she is out of the will he is very serious about pissing on vince russo's grave

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Seth Pecksniff posted:

hon hon hon

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

WhiteHowler posted:

So far the big elephant in the room is that Vince McMahon is well-known as a colossal piece of poo poo, and everyone just kind of skirts around saying it, because either they're still on a payroll or have friends who are.

The DSotR that happens when Vince is finally far enough out of the picture that Vice and/or the people with the good dirt on him are willing to risk the inevitable retaliation, that... episode? Miniseries? It's going to be legendary.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Vince has been apparently sidelined before and found a way to come back. At this point I think there's people who wouldn't trust him to stay in the grave.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Vince has been apparently sidelined before and found a way to come back. At this point I think there's people who wouldn't trust him to stay in the grave.

was it the day before 9/11 when vinces limo exploded and he 'died' on screen?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

was it the day before 9/11 when vinces limo exploded and he 'died' on screen?
Believe it was the week before Chris Benoit

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Seth Pecksniff posted:

That was his original gimmick, and then he transitioned to "Hunter Hearst-Helmsley", "a Connecticut blueblood". Which was basically the same thing but with a bad English accent. He acted like an 18th century nobleman.

As we can see once again, Vince McMahon only comes up with the best gimmicks.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1743479921203130538

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

It makes me laugh, every time.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The only time I want to see those two together is if H is hitting him with the pedigree.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Look at Nickelback guy's face. He 100% knew that joke was coming

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Look at Nickelback guy's face. He 100% knew that joke was coming

He made that lovely song, he has to deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That was his original gimmick, and then he transitioned to "Hunter Hearst-Helmsley", "a Connecticut blueblood". Which was basically the same thing but with a bad English accent. He acted like an 18th century nobleman.

As we can see once again, Vince McMahon only comes up with the best gimmicks.