Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The General posted:

All Cats Are Bastards.

One of mine just realized she can pull open the bathroom cabinets:

Now I gotta get those plastic childproof locking things and install them everywhere? gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Or like some magnets

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
we dont need cats learning about magnets

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

we dont need cats learning about magnets

Cara are like juggalos in that I find them strangely endearing but don't want them in my house because they'll destroy stuff

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Don't teach them to read
Juggalos can't read no none eather

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Nordick posted:

Some schad on my addled brain:

Wanted to fix me some instant noodles for a snack.

- Put the dry noodles in the bowl
- Add the seasonings
- Pour the hot water in
- <Win98 error alert sound>
- This water looks weird
- <dial-up modem noise>
- This is the coffee pot, not the water kettle

The <Win98 error alert sound> brain thing is a life saver. I remember staring at a toothbrush and a razor while some corner of my brain helpfully pointed out that I was about to stick the wrong one inside my mouth

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The General posted:

All Cats Are Bastards.
All Cats Abuse Bongs

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nenonen posted:

I'm trying to sneak around but I'm dummy thicc and the clap from my saddlebags keeps alerting the cars
Thank you for this

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

did you eat your coffee noodles?

I tried a little, just out of curiosity if they might somehow be good by some freak serendipity.

They were not.

Tree Bucket posted:

The <Win98 error alert sound> brain thing is a life saver. I remember staring at a toothbrush and a razor while some corner of my brain helpfully pointed out that I was about to stick the wrong one inside my mouth

Wish it had fired up before I poured the whole bowl full. But I guess I'm thankful that it at least did before I added the can of tuna I was gonna put in, too. That poo poo's expensive.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Unperson_47 posted:

That just made me realize that I have never once had pasta for breakfast.

You owe it to yourself to eat cold lo mein with the fridge door open while you look for what you really want for breakfast.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Unperson_47 posted:

That just made me realize that I have never once had pasta for breakfast.

Not even cold leftovers from the night before?
Edit: I keep forgetting what my AV looks like.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7319371362165083438

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

steinrokkan posted:

I guess it's the inverse of this

https://twitter.com/madibskatin/status/1263550367327019014?lang=en

Congrats on your zero waste lifestyle!

You could still boil some eggs with the pasta or fry an omelette with coffeenoodles?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Why not use urine for both?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvhv7bgmz64

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
https://i.imgur.com/K06oUWE.mp4

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

I can see the news articles on it, but what's the context? It's clearly a lot of poo poo-flinging.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Serephina posted:

I can see the news articles on it, but what's the context? It's clearly a lot of poo poo-flinging.

This guy went after the Harvard president for loving up an answer about Israel/Palestine during some hearing by digging up her academic works and found a bunch of plagiarism (mostly lifting some sentences verbatim here and there without attribution). This got her removed from the position.

Then someone found that his wife stole poo poo from wikipedia. Now he's mad and going to do more digging.

He's an rear end in a top hat but, great, gently caress up all the plagiarists :shrug:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

mobby_6kl posted:

This guy went after the Harvard president for loving up an answer about Israel/Palestine during some hearing by digging up her academic works and found a bunch of plagiarism (mostly lifting some sentences verbatim here and there without attribution). This got her removed from the position.

Then someone found that his wife stole poo poo from wikipedia. Now he's mad and going to do more digging.

He's an rear end in a top hat but, great, gently caress up all the plagiarists :shrug:

yeah pretty much

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If all the plagiarists were fired there'd be no more universities and we'd all have to be plumbers and I ain't got the dump truck for that

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

mobby_6kl posted:

works on a couple of levels

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

mobby_6kl posted:

Why is he an rear end in a top hat? Calling someone out on plagiarism seems fine, especially if its some ivy league bullshit?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
If I understand correctly, they were mad at that Harvard president for daring to be a bit critical of Israel.

So in principle, calling out all those plagiarist shits is fine, but the reason he started digging in the first place is suspect.

Lmao. But only because that little poo poo apparently wasn't hurt at all.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Torrannor posted:

If I understand correctly, they were mad at that Harvard president for daring to be a bit critical of Israel.

So in principle, calling out all those plagiarist shits is fine, but the reason he started digging in the first place is suspect.

It is, but if they leave themselves open to people looking for skeletons in their closet by having skeletons in their closet, that’s on them.

And if your wife has skeletons in her closet, maybe don’t take on the mantle of Skeleton Hunter General.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Jan 6, 2024

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Now we find out that all of academia has like five truly original ideas.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

everyone should just read an article about the whole story. the plagiarism didnt really have anything to do with the issue at hand. just a tool a billionaire hedge fund manager used to attack the harvard prez. the schad is that someone did it to his wife too. but anyway, the “plagiarism” wasnt even plagiarism by any normal standard

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Israel thing is just a cover. It was chuds who wanted to shut a brown lady out of the job. She also happened to have the surname Gay so that probably didn't calm them down.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Takes No Damage posted:

One of mine just realized she can pull open the bathroom cabinets:

Now I gotta get those plastic childproof locking things and install them everywhere? gently caress.

i got child covers for the stove dials because one of my cats managed to press one in and twist which left the gas on and the igniter clicking. A cast iron pan was on its way to getting really hot and just started smoking when I got to the kitchen for breakfast. I'm guessing one was jumping down and leaned on it then gave it a kick. They're not even supposed to be up on the counter at all!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagiarist The Wise?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mauser posted:

i got child covers for the stove dials because one of my cats managed to press one in and twist which left the gas on and the igniter clicking. A cast iron pan was on its way to getting really hot and just started smoking when I got to the kitchen for breakfast. I'm guessing one was jumping down and leaned on it then gave it a kick. They're not even supposed to be up on the counter at all!

This happened to me too, except the cat didn’t turn on the igniter. Fortunately I was home and smelled the gas

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hackers film 1995 posted:

everyone should just read an article about the whole story. the plagiarism didnt really have anything to do with the issue at hand. just a tool a billionaire hedge fund manager used to attack the harvard prez. the schad is that someone did it to his wife too. but anyway, the “plagiarism” wasnt even plagiarism by any normal standard

This topic is like a honeypot for plagiarists lol. Copying entire paragraphs or sentences from a different paper without attribution is absolutely plagiarism. By Harvard's own standards, even:

quote:

When you fail to cite your sources, or when you cite them inadequately, you are plagiarizing,
which is taken extremely seriously at Harvard. Plagiarism is defined as the act of either
intentionally OR unintentionally submitting work that was written by someone else. If you turn
in a paper that was written by someone else, or if you turn in a paper in which you have included
material from any source without citing that source, you have plagiarized
https://usingsources.fas.harvard.edu/sites/projects.iq.harvard.edu/files/sources/files/avoiding_plagiarism.pdf

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

haveblue posted:

This happened to me too, except the cat didn’t turn on the igniter. Fortunately I was home and smelled the gas
I've been curious, as someone who has never lived in a place that had gas anything- what's the procedure for this? Just open all the windows and hope like hell it ventilates in a reasonable timeframe?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/TnsX1Nf.mp4

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
That's not what that kid sounds like.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

i had to watch this on slow motion to see what happened, she hits the target and the kid runs into the hammer at the same time

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Isn't this that stupid fucker that walks around antagonizing people with a bodyguard on-hand?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

This is good, but it has so many streaming services I've never heard of, I don't know how much of it is a joke tbh.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Mr. Crow posted:

Why is he an rear end in a top hat? Calling someone out on plagiarism seems fine, especially if its some ivy league bullshit?

He doesn't actually care about plagiarism, it was an excuse to attack her after some students criticised Israel's genocidal actions in Gaza and she didn't condermn Hamas enough in response.

Ackman also supported Kyle Rittenhouse when he was on trial for murdering those two guys, in case you needed another example of what he really cares about.

Edit: if there's any schadenfreude here it's some libs getting their wallets inspected by Republicans pretending to care about their rules, again

GotLag has a new favorite as of 10:35 on Jan 6, 2024