Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Rhonne posted:

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/178954/kevin-dunn-rumor-killer-and-more.html?p=1

I cannot imagine how unwatchable a movie or TV show with Dunn would be.

If you told me Sucker Punch was his favorite movie I'd believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

has alright English.

She knew basically zero English until very very recently

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we talking about guila the top star in japan?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WWEonFOX/status/1743448702021439547?s=20

WHAT
JUST
HAPPENED

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
🤯🤯🤯🤯

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

👀👀👀👀

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Brunette Scarlett is throwing me

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Oh sick the AoP are back thats cool

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
still wild to me that they ditched ellering when AoP came up the first time. that was the coolest thing about them!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

kitten emergency posted:

still wild to me that they ditched ellering when AoP came up the first time. that was the coolest thing about them!

For real, talk about dipshit missteps and brain dead moves

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Guilia wouldn't be my first, second, or third choice of Stardom wrestlers to do stuff with AEW but her going there would still be a big get and obviously preferable to watching her wrestle at 50% speed in WWE.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

mooseinfants posted:

Guilia wouldn't be my first, second, or third choice of Stardom wrestlers to do stuff with AEW but her going there would still be a big get and obviously preferable to watching her wrestle at 50% speed in WWE.

WWE lets their women drive cars now, it's pretty progressive

Or something like that.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
We saw how well that's worked out with Liv Morgan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wwe: no one has filmed women getting dressed in the locker room in at least a year

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

JUNGLE BOY posted:

wwe: no one has filmed women getting dressed in the locker room in at least a year*
*that we know of

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Neat they can feud with judgement day over worst name

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That big jump the guy did on NXT was cool

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

NienNunb posted:

That big jump the guy did on NXT was cool

Pillman Jr made the jump months ago, he's called Lexus King now, watch the product

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I can't believe no one has mentioned former 2 time world champion showed up at Wrestle Kingdom and slapped some dude around from the crowd (ITS A SHOOT ZIGGLER IInvasion!!! Honk was there too, the other one I don't think will ever be allowed in Japan for that whole murder thing)

(I dont follow njpw, just watch WK because I'm that guy!).

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

theres a third nemith and hes a murderer?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

kitten emergency posted:

Were they the ones that made Rockstar Spud piss himself? I know he left the Fed, but is he up to anything or did he just retire?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

From Managing the Road Warriors to the Chode Warriors: The Paul Ellering Story.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Suplex Liberace posted:

theres a third nemith and hes a murderer?

He zig-zagged someone's head clean off because the other 2 got the brains... no wait that can't be right

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hirez posted:

I can't believe no one has mentioned former 2 time world champion showed up at Wrestle Kingdom and slapped some dude around from the crowd (ITS A SHOOT ZIGGLER IInvasion!!! Honk was there too, the other one I don't think will ever be allowed in Japan for that whole murder thing)

(I dont follow njpw, just watch WK because I'm that guy!).

You won't believe who showed up on a video the next night!

Matt Riddle!

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Hirez posted:

He zig-zagged someone's head clean off because the other 2 got the brains... no wait that can't be right

He killed the third Gunn brother

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sucks that AoP couldn't make it as real estate people, hopefully they have a better go round with Ellering this time. Also they better keep their loving awesome theme from NXT. That poo poo slapped.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I don't know who Ellering is, but he has to be a step up from Mr Piss Pants they had before

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Who shrunk Big Bill

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hirez posted:

I don't know who Ellering is, but he has to be a step up from Mr Piss Pants they had before

Old school manager from way back when. He used to manage the Road Warriors at their peak.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

edogawa rando posted:

Old school manager from way back when. He used to manage the Road Warriors at their peak.

He also got brought into WWF briefly to manage them in the early 90s and this is how the company handled it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is drake maverick currently hired or fired I can’t remember where the last round of flip-flopping on him landed

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is drake maverick currently hired or fired I can’t remember where the last round of flip-flopping on him landed

Hired as a writer

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I wanted to give WWE a fresh chance seeing as it's a new year, so I've put on Raw, Meltzer gave ***½ to Becky vs Nia. And I gotta say, luke warm take time, Nia Jax is loving lousy. She has no presence despite her size, her selling is totally unconvincing, she actually did the "MY HOLE" spot in this match, missing a legdrop on the apron & moaning in agony in a way that even 2017 Will Ospreay would look at as a bit silly, & he really liked making every move he took sound like it had broken his neck with his vocal selling. It feels like someone at the PC never took Nia aside, sat her in front of a TV playing some Best of Aja Kong comp tape & that was a massive failure on their part because Aja Kong is probably the best big woman wrestler. Obviously Jax doesn't need to do quite the same bloody brawls but there's still plenty to learn there. Instead it's just a weak looking headbutt that clearly whiffs by an inch. Granted, part of that is on the camera work but still.

There's also a moment where she counters a triangle choke into a powerbomb, except she drops down onto the mat & then powerbombs Becky. Looked so bad. And then they decided to replay it. But sure, Giulia would need to be spend time in the PC learning how to work lol

And Wade Barrett is loving terrible at commentary. Michael Cole is just white noise, whatever, but Barrett is Matt Striker levels of annoying at this point.

Not the worst match of the year or anything, Becky was fine although the blood capsule in her mouth to sell the finish was goofy as poo poo. But certainly a long way from good. Better than Kota Ibushi vs Naomichi Marufuji I guess.

I have no idea how people are able to watch wrestling with ad breaks in the middle of matches, that is absolute dogshit.

Which ever title Seth FREAKING Rollins has actually looks quite good relative to the last time I saw a WWE belt. Didn't expect that. They really do call him Seth FREAKING Rollins every time. It's very silly. Unfortunately watching him I have a hard time not thinking of him as "but we've got Will Ospreay at home". Not that he's bad, he's clearly very well adapted to the WWE style & he's over with the ticket paying public, it's just he's not as athletically impressive as Will while having similar sorts of goofy charisma. And his Pedigree is dogshit. Drew McIntyre would be cool as hell in All Japan. Their match was good, almost HM level, probably would've been until the run-in.

Anyway, that's my WWE check in. I watched 2 matches, one was good, one featured Nia Jax.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

While my wife never followed wrestling before meeting me, she was well aware of Paul Bearer for years. Then one day, it suddenly dawns on her and she gets mad at herself.

"His name is a pun! drat it!"

So whenever Paul Bearer comes up somewhere, she would nod and point out that his name is a pun.

Apparently they bounced around a couple names, and one of the other ones was Phil D Graves

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

forkboy84 posted:

Anyway, that's my WWE check in. I watched 2 matches, one was good, one featured Nia Jax.

Most consistently pushed woman that doesn't regularly hold titles! Giulia would do well to learn from this beloved veteran.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

She knew basically zero English until very very recently

*Reading one line into Wikipedia* not sure about that dawg

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/Slappa_WWE/status/1743451126186533290?t=WDU9CVKayubWaHT7o48AEQ&s=19

:shepface:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It's sick, in that you'll get nauseous trying to figure out just what the gently caress he's going for :barf:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's sick, in that you'll get nauseous trying to figure out just what the gently caress he's going for :barf:

Yeah, that's a lot of steps for that.

Create-A-Finisher looking rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pumphandle F5 feels like either one of those create-a-finishers in a game newLegacy had to rewatch to figure out how the gently caress it was supposed to work, or something that's definitely gonna result in an injury from someone not knowing how to take one (like Lashley just almost did in that clip of its debut)