Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Mamkute posted:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (Professional)

how was it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

risk of rain 2, mythrix beat on monsoon. also beat 3rd loop on monsoon as a personal challenge

this is the only good roguelike shooter because it has an obvious good design choice: upgrades are immediately impactful, they all give you more speed/damage/hp, and theres no pointless +3% bullshit
that said the moon and mythrix suck rear end. a terrible terrible ending to a very addictive game. always loop instead

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

3. Mega Man X2

One of my favorite Mega Man games, probably mostly due to nostalgia though after reading a lot of the very valid complaints from imps.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mamkute posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mamkute posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mamkute posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

risk of rain 2, mythrix beat on monsoon. also beat 3rd loop on monsoon as a personal challenge

this is the only good roguelike shooter because it has an obvious good design choice: upgrades are immediately impactful, they all give you more speed/damage/hp, and theres no pointless +3% bullshit
that said the moon and mythrix suck rear end. a terrible terrible ending to a very addictive game. always loop instead

Mamkute posted:

Bob: Every game he plays is the only good game of that genre.

Mamkute: Loves every game of every genre.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Mamkute posted:

nice

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol. The Goofus and Gallant of imp zone

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

mycophobia posted:

how was it

I have mixed feelings about it. The 3d brawler aspect is well-done, as you have lots of different tools and moves to defeat the vampires with. The not as good part is the action-adventure aspect, where you have to wander around large environments pressing the Y button to find objects to interact with for puzzles.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goofus gets his supply of games from a CC'd e-mail from Humble Bundle

Gallant gets his supply of games from eBay>newest first

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

symbolic posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

symbolic posted:

----------------

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

symbolic posted:

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

symbolic posted:

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
ror1 and 2 ftw tho. For Real.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

1. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1), 1/4

I wasn't a huge fan of this when it first came out. The dodge system felt like poo poo and I found the pacing uneven, but over the years I've warmed up to it and enjoy the hell out of it. The dodging is a nice idea in theory but it's so inconsistent and awkward to use. It's nice to get it down and straight up embarrass nemesis 1v1, but it could have been a lot better. The story is alright, with some insight into umbrella and all that stuff if you're interested in it, but Nikolai is pretty wack as an antagonist so that's whatever

I fought nemesis every chance I got with the help of freeze rounds and those bonuses are fun, and got the ending where Barry literally swoops in and saves the day, so that's cool

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Arcade Archives: Mystic Warriors (Nintendo Switch, Spyros 1CC, 646k points)

enough for the #2 spot. guy at #1 is doing some boss milking to get 670k-something but i aint got time for that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've got weak points Myco, can you milk me?

----------------

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

I've got weak points Myco, can you milk me?

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

extremebuff posted:

You finished the tutorial. Eclipse is the real game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

deciding six days into the year that I'm adding "beat at least one NES game a month" so I can continue on my "beating by release order" quest. Punch-Out! did me in last year

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

2) mega man x3

felt like more mega man after finishing x2. feels like the snes series is just one step back with every iteration but its still mega man at least. didn't really care for any of the mavericks here

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) A Plague Tale: Innocence

My friends did a holiday game exchange, I gave my buddy Yakuza 0, he gave me both Plague Tale games. Not a big fan of games like this, but the soundtrack was cool and it looks pretty good for a five year old game and it was short so no problem. Has one of the worst last bosses of all time.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

didn't like it. moving on.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
1) Mega man X2

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
bloodstained: rotn, beat with miriam. tempted to do the other guys paths now. great game, felt like i remember ps1/ps2 platformers being in the best way.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
bloodstained ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Metroid Prime 2 [primehack]

picked up my year old save back and was surprisingly less lost than i thought. same issues as with playing metroid prime 1 with primehack, these games were not designed with mouse and keyboard, so the side dodge is only available when locked on and since the game expects you to lock on, some hitboxes are insanely finicky, and enemies will move back and forth in annoying patterns a lot. Still, manageable, and it says a lot about the game's difficulty that i didnt die a single time (the final bosses were close though).

some weird pacing, it starts with sandy dunes and sandy temples for like 5 hours, and the dark world gimmick can make it disorienting at times, trying to figure out where to go for the next powerup, not to mention the cutscene that plays whenever you shift worlds, which thankfully primehack has a toggle to disable completely. this makes it a lot more tolerable, but theres still a lot of backtracking and realizing you took the wrong portal so youre cut off from the area you needed to be so back to the portal, back to light world, find the other portal that you need, etc.

just like in prime 1 some powerups seem redundant or lame, such as the echo visor or the multirocket thing, which are really only used to gate you out of progression and have limited application elsewhere. screw attack is as finicky a bitch as it was in super, somehow.

still, a very enjoyable (if sometimes dragging) game, and the fortress consistently shocked me with how insanely cool it looked, which made me appreciate the rest of the game's art more. every room is practically hand crafted and detailed, which is a nice treat when compared to our current age of roguelite procgen open world copypaste. but despite being enjoyable it loses the wow factor since prime 1 exists and is a better paced game. worthy play, and im glad i finished it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Also the fuckin echo doors are not marked on the loving map!!! gently caress you!!!!

----------------

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

alpha blogg has the worst save room placement of all time

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Mega Man X2

Neh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc posted:

TMFC GAMES BEAT 2024

01. Mega Man X2 (all collectibles & shoryuken) [screenshot]

02. Donkey Kong Country (101%)

the leaps of faith required to access some of the bonus rooms for 101% are ridiculous, i had to look a couple stages up for stuff i forgot.

still have about 80% of the game committed to muscle memory lol