Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

lordfrikk posted:

I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles after it being mentioned a bunch in the GOTY thread and I'm surprised at the difficulty spikes. I thought it will be regular JRPG fare where I coast between story cutscenes but then the big boss showpieces just destroyed me before I figured out the trick. With Xord I'm not even sure I figured out anything, just got lucky. And then you get the "Game too hard? Switch to casual :smug:" pop-up, this loving game :v:

Any tips for Xenoblade Chronicles newbie? I'm currently in the swamp.
Now that you have Dunban, switch out Sharla for him. Healing is unnecessary; you're better off killing the enemy before they kill you, and Sharla is really bad at doing damage, whereas Dunban is really good (plus he function very well as a dodgetank).

Remember to upgrade your skills and share talents between party members (you use "coins" to do this but you don't actually spend anything, they're just a point limiter). Remember that Break-Topple is easier to inflict in a Chain Attack (this is how you're supposed to beat Xord; beat up the adds he summons, then Topple him in a Chain Attack so you can beat him up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Terper posted:

Now that you have Dunban, switch out Sharla for him. Healing is unnecessary; you're better off killing the enemy before they kill you, and Sharla is really bad at doing damage, whereas Dunban is really good (plus he function very well as a dodgetank).

Remember to upgrade your skills and share talents between party members (you use "coins" to do this but you don't actually spend anything, they're just a point limiter). Remember that Break-Topple is easier to inflict in a Chain Attack (this is how you're supposed to beat Xord; beat up the adds he summons, then Topple him in a Chain Attack so you can beat him up).

Nice, I'll try that!

re: Xord, I understood the process of beating him, but I found it hard to execute: I was playing as Shulk using his attacks with side effects to build up the chain attack meter, but that just caused me to draw aggro which prevented me from using the attacks with side effects since most of them require not being in front of the enemy. I guess I was just bad at managing aggro.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VostokProgram posted:

please tell me that at least the 50,000 space jpeg will be kept on your account once they are out of alpha

Maybe, what youre purchasing is actually nothing at all. Youre guaranteed nothing. Ships might be removed entirely, scrapped, or just never added. Players have been waiting 12 years for some ships. The pledges are to fund the game. Youre an investor in all but name, with no return on your investment financially. This is what Chris Robert said when he wanted to get away from publishers; make something with no accountability, so he turned to taking advantage of gamers.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Kerrzhe posted:

someone please name a very easy game that will not piss me off with some bullshit

not stardew valley i've already played that to death

Animal Crossing

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

ok but is it a really real thing the game has has, or is it just a vague idea that is unfortunately not implemented in the current version 0.00001 alpha but we swear it'll be in any day now

I assure you that the part of the game that is already working is the part where they take all your money.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I said come in! posted:

Maybe, what youre purchasing is actually nothing at all. Youre guaranteed nothing. Ships might be removed entirely, scrapped, or just never added. Players have been waiting 12 years for some ships. The pledges are to fund the game. Youre an investor in all but name, with no return on your investment financially. This is what Chris Robert said when he wanted to get away from publishers; make something with no accountability, so he turned to taking advantage of gamers.

I have a pitch for an updated version of The Producers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just finished season 2 of Our Flag Means Death, and now I really want to play an open world pirate RPG. Ubisoft (lol) has Skull and Bones releasing next month, but judging from the beta I played, that is a game you will want to wait until its on deep discount and has had all of its post launch support.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Check out the uncharted waters series. Hugely underrated

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Just finished season 2 of Our Flag Means Death, and now I really want to play an open world pirate RPG. Ubisoft (lol) has Skull and Bones releasing next month, but judging from the beta I played, that is a game you will want to wait until its on deep discount and has had all of its post launch support.

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Or Sailing Era. I guess you could play that one Assassin's Creed game or Sid Meier's Pirates too.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Terper posted:

this.

make sure you keep gear on Dunban that raises those dodge stats. if he's getting hit too often youre doin something wrong

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

relevant to two users in this thread,

https://youtu.be/XRaxV40NSNE

revue starlight is getting a proper home game (Steam/Switch). seems to just be a visual novel but

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Just finished season 2 of Our Flag Means Death, and now I really want to play an open world pirate RPG.

People seem to really like Horizon's Gate, it looks like it's got too much tactics for me.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Hwurmp posted:

Sid Meier's Pirates!

top tier game. gonna reinstall it rn.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Propaganda Hour posted:

Does it come with additional slurp juice?

Slurp juice is Fortnite

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

forever mourning Armada of the Damned

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

lordfrikk posted:

Nice, I'll try that!

re: Xord, I understood the process of beating him, but I found it hard to execute: I was playing as Shulk using his attacks with side effects to build up the chain attack meter, but that just caused me to draw aggro which prevented me from using the attacks with side effects since most of them require not being in front of the enemy. I guess I was just bad at managing aggro.

Yeah the Xord fight is absolutely a bit of a mess, especially since it's when the game starts expecting you to start being on top of its systems which is not necessarily the case at that point

Sally posted:

this.

make sure you keep gear on Dunban that raises those dodge stats. if he's getting hit too often youre doin something wrong

Oh yeah adding to this, Agility is pretty much the most important stat in the game and should mostly be prioritized above everything else with a few exceptions for some characters.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've had dual sense for a year or two now bland I've played on actual PlayStations before but I still mix up circle and square. I think circle should've been dot or tilde

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A dot is a circle

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Isn't there a sky pirate game that people are saying is Sid Meier's Pirates but in the air

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPHP6UrSo7k

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

A dot is a circle

What I mean is a solid shape because I sometimes got square instead as they are both the big open shapes without clear symbolism. Triangle is the uppy shape, it points up, it's a peak, obviously the up shape in the squad, and it's like Y kinda, an up letter. X is down, check, mash, ez. But circle and square aren't lefty or righty and least they could do is do the 1 line and 4 line areas more distinct. Circle should be a line, figure 8, or rounded moon, or a filled dot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Gotham Knights is a good batman story weighed down by some lovely gameplay choices.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

A dot is a circle

sometimes a dot is a square!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

A dot is a circle

This radius erasure cannot be permitted.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Khanstant posted:

What I mean is a solid shape because I sometimes got square instead as they are both the big open shapes without clear symbolism. Triangle is the uppy shape, it points up, it's a peak, obviously the up shape in the squad, and it's like Y kinda, an up letter. X is down, check, mash, ez. But circle and square aren't lefty or righty and least they could do is do the 1 line and 4 line areas more distinct. Circle should be a line, figure 8, or rounded moon, or a filled dot.

It will never not gently caress me up that Nintendo and Microsoft have the same button names but completely switch the arrangement.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I said come in! posted:

sometimes a dot is a square!

All these squares make a circle.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

can I just have my cootie shot without all this red tape please

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No, we need to track the shots properly for good public health reasons

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you'll get your cutie shot instead, which cutie mark are you going to end up with

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't there a sky pirate game that people are saying is Sid Meier's Pirates but in the air

Edit:

I.....might get this

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Let us know if it's any good.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

It will never not gently caress me up that Nintendo and Microsoft have the same button names but completely switch the arrangement.

Christ, yeah and a tossup whether you can change it to something more natural. Even Mario Wonder I had to switch the buttons through emulator for it to feel normal.

I think the PlayStation shapes, aside from ambiguity between circle/square to be the ideal face buttons over a languages letter glyphs or numbers. If we lived in Halfway-Decentworld there would've been an evolving standard for this sort of thing along with required key remapping for game software you own instead of license or worse.

The worst thing I ever did was play FF7 on PC but it was modded original pc release and I had computer or something turning my offbrand Switch pro controller into an xbox controller into keyboard keyboard and playstation buttons. There's a simple part of playing piano songs at one point and I had to write down a translation key to press the right notes. I think there were a few other press the right buttons minigames I had to do the same for or else just accept beefing them a bit. Most of the game was fine, didn't need to actually mind the buttons once you knew where ok/cancel are.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit:

Huh. So if there's no vertical component then it's basically a standard naval ship combat game but without the engine having to render any water.

Clever.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I played Breath of Fire IV (I think?) on PC back in the day, it was a real cheap port without any conversion of button prompts, that I was playing with a keyboard because it was loving decades ago. Absolutely useless guidance on screen, had to train myself to ignore it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

you'll get your cutie shot instead, which cutie mark are you going to end up with

Tetanus maybe

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I tried playing the Steam version of the Silver Case on my Logitech G Cloud and could get by for the most part using the touchscreen. But whenever I had to look up or down, there's no way to do that without PgUp/PgDown or the mouse wheel on controller, so would have to save the game and come back to it when I was at the computer.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Absolute mad scientist poo poo

https://x.com/commodoreblog/status/1743478915350307270?s=46

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mr Hootington posted:

Gotham Knights is a good batman story weighed down by some lovely gameplay choices.

yup! The story and character writing are all actually very solid and show an appreciate for the villains and characters. The gameplay is okay.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh, the full video is great. I've never seen a console mod video with such great shitpost energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lpTfVxwwSU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Nintendo could have been playstation if they didn't piss off sony