Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Gegenpunching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Rascar Capac posted:

A vulgar display of power.
Walk on home, boy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jel Shaker posted:

Ankaragucu president punches referee after Turkish Super Lig match

Faruk Koca hit Halil Umut Meler in face after Rizespor equaliser
Turkey’s football federation to hold extraordinary meeting

A Turkish Super Lig game erupted in chaos on Monday night when the match referee was punched in the head by the president of one of the teams before being kicked in the face as he lay on the ground.

Ankaragucu’s president, Faruk Koca, punched the referee, Halil Umut Meler, in the face at the end of their home match after Rizespor scored a 97th-minute equaliser. Koca walked on to the pitch and hit the referee when the final whistle blew in the 1-1 draw at Eryaman Stadium.

When I first saw this story, I thought it was a player doing the punching. The president coming down all the way from the box is something else

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Rascar Capac posted:

A vulgar display of power.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When I first saw this story, I thought it was a player doing the punching. The president coming down all the way from the box is something else

Vince McMahon but real. Legend.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Any Vince challenger needs to poo poo themselves and then be so powerful that they only get filmed from the waist up

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
e: wrong thread lmao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Any Vince challenger needs to poo poo themselves and then be so powerful that they only get filmed from the waist up

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
They also continued to kick him in the face after he was down and he "only" had a "minor" facial fracture.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Or march on down but blow both quads as they cross the touchline

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Regulatory Commission have rejected the FAs charge against Arteta and managed to call the refs poo poo in the process

https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/dec/14/update-on-mikel-arteta-charge

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The written reasons cite a shocking amount of case law cited there and it’s written by a King’s Counsel. They invest way more effort on this poo poo than on things that actually happen on the pitch.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Premier League football matches should be refereed by a King's Counsel who has to cite case law every time they blow the whistle

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
keir starmer KC demoted to championship after spending an entire match not moving from the halfway line

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

The Regulatory Commission have rejected the FAs charge against Arteta and managed to call the refs poo poo in the process

https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/dec/14/update-on-mikel-arteta-charge

brb going to discuss this 37 page legal document with the lads down the pub

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Jel Shaker posted:

brb going to discuss this 37 page legal document with the lads down the pub

37 page legal document written by a KC confirming your manager was right to be pissed, you'll never sing that!

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Nuclear Spoon posted:

keir starmer KC demoted to championship after spending an entire match not moving from the halfway line

If you check var he was actually creeping to the right hoping nobody would notice

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

cagliostr0 posted:

If you check var he was actually creeping to the right hoping nobody would notice

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

cagliostr0 posted:

took me a minute there because i thought you were referring to arteta

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lmao at "calling you poo poo and corrupt was a false cognate for spanish words that actually mean that you have the most donkeys and therefore should be mayor"

mikel arteta has lived in the UK since 2002, and in the english-speaking part for nearly half that time

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's very funny but it seems to have worked. Klopp, time to select some German phrases that sound very similar to "the lads in the VAR room are complete loving clowns" but is actually a compliment.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

FullLeatherJacket posted:

mikel arteta has lived in the UK since 2002, and in the english-speaking part for nearly half that time

Glasgow, Liverpool, and London. Which, if any, is the English-speaking part?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

FullLeatherJacket posted:

lmao at "calling you poo poo and corrupt was a false cognate for spanish words that actually mean that you have the most donkeys and therefore should be mayor"

apparently Arsenal sent a letter saying he meant the spanish word but at the trial Arteta was like "uh no, it's definitely the english version."

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Glasgow, Liverpool, and London. Which, if any, is the English-speaking part?

someone find that Anthony Gerrard interview where he just made the dutch noise at the camera for eight minutes, and also film footage of any two people from Glasgow speaking to each other

shoulda lived in t'midlands and learned himsen how to talk proper

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/1737486829555798180

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
that is such an insane emoji to use for that headline

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

why is stabbed in all caps? was it particularly ironic he was stabbed? was he an anti being stabbed spokesperson?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Nuclear Spoon posted:

yeah they should've gone with 🥴

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Nuclear Spoon posted:

stabbed plus blush emoji has an entirely separate meaning from what they intended

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/1743649058667835685

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Jfc what a sad oval office

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i think that should be spoilered with a warning and i also think that barton should get hit by a bus

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nuclear Spoon posted:

barton should get hit by a bus

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Surely the oval office should see more jail time for that tweet?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Incredible how maliciously stupid he is

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If he was capable of toning it down a bit he'd have been given a football show on GB News, but now he's gone fully mad

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

the british media is an unexpected hotbed of transphobia. like the most prominent TERFs on the planet are british and mainstream newspapers regularly feature transphobic talking points. barton has a ready audience and i wouldn’t put it past GB News to give him his show

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

drat Barton has really lost any composure he has, mask is really off now isn’t it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Remember when he was the thinking man's footballer because he listened to the smiths. Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Remember when he was the thinking man's footballer because he listened to the smiths. Lmao

Also he read Dracula