Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's all streamed right here on X!

twitter.com/----

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Good job Mr musk, you've learned how to talk like a cowboy just like all the other Californians that have moved here to escape taxes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Songbearer posted:

It's all streamed right here on X!

twitter.com/----

Twitter.com, formerly known as X

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Wait till they find out the political leanings of the people buyings ads on Fox

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I'm completely convinced the only reason Elon isn't neck deep in the Epstein scandal is they met him at that one party where the Elon/Ghislaine pic was taken and they decided he was too weird and lame for the secret sex party on sin island.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ReelBigLizard posted:

I'm completely convinced the only reason Elon isn't neck deep in the Epstein scandal is they met him at that one party where the Elon/Ghislaine pic was taken and they decided he was too weird and lame for the secret sex party on sin island.

He's just "lucky" in this case that he doesn't actually want to gently caress anybody and Epstein didn't have robots

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Isn't CES the tech version of E3? Slowly dying but desperately clinging on.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Tai posted:

They aren't even partnered with twitter, Linda is just saying so out of desperation

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

maybeadracula posted:

He's just "lucky" in this case that he doesn't actually want to gently caress anybody and Epstein didn't have robots
He doesn't understand how sex works without first offering your partner a horse.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

You can make money on X, unlike Elon, who has lost billions and billions of dollars by continuing to post

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tai posted:

It's still pretty popular - only real way to see new TV tech for one.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Good job Mr musk, you've learned how to talk like a cowboy just like all the other Californians that have moved here to escape taxes

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

isn’t new tv tech just old tv tech with more advertisements and ways to spy on you?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dick Fontaine posted:

isn’t new tv tech just old tv tech with more advertisements and ways to spy on you?

And hardware that can't handle half the poo poo they expect it to do so everything lags and barely works

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

next you're gonna tell me "AI" is just a buzzword for fancier algorithms that are better at harvesting your data

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Dick Fontaine posted:

Yep. Premium/large consumer TVs that don't include any type of "smart" functionality pretty much don't exist anymore.

I usually go to CES every year (I won't be going this year though), and I've asked before about TVs that don't have any smart features, and usually get pointed towards commerical TVs meant for digital signage or business use like the hospitality industry.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 6, 2024

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Can't you just get a big computer monitor and plug in whatever ? It's stupid, more expensive and less convenient of course but we live in the future after all.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

rowkey bilbao posted:

Can't you just get a big computer monitor and plug in whatever ? It's stupid, more expensive and less convenient of course but we live in the future after all.

Depends on what you're trying to do. The prices scale completely differently.

If your intent is to hook up a game console or a smart box (like an Nvidia Shield or Apple TV), and consume your content from a couch, you'll want a TV because it's considerably cheaper.

I mean you could use a monitor, but if you're going to just use it to do TV things at TV sizes, you are spending way more money to throw away the benefits that a monitor has over a TV.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 6, 2024

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sir Tonk posted:

Don’t forget dodging child support

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ReelBigLizard posted:

It's actually because Elon's brother was dating one of Epstein's girls and told Epstein how lame Elon is

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Depends on what you're trying to do. The prices scale completely differently.

If your intent is to hook up a game console or a smart box (like an Nvidia Shield or Apple TV), and consume your content from a couch, you'll want a TV because it's considerably cheaper.

I mean you could use a monitor, but if you're going to just use it to do TV things at TV sizes, you are spending way more money to throw away the benefits that a monitor has over a TV.
I use a projector and it just acts as a monitor and displays whatever you provide. Has absolutely nothing else built in other than the OSD to adjust basic settings. So that might be an alternative.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

mobby_6kl posted:

I use a projector and it just acts as a monitor and displays whatever you provide. Has absolutely nothing else built in other than the OSD to adjust basic settings. So that might be an alternative.

been looking at projectors recently and they’re starting to get just as enshitified

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how do you enshitify projectors?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Durf posted:

San Francisco already looks like this, just waiting on nuclear World War 3

Terrifying. There's tents... and people. Both of which have always made me piss my little shorts

Hahaha holy poo poo. Think that doctor may have squeezed a bit too hard

kazil posted:

I remember Mr. Beast saying exactly this just a couple days ago

Well, you can't argue with a graph. That's just science

Hazo posted:

Why are they doing this stupid “put a small Chinese lady on the mavericks because DEI lolol” bit? Isn’t their whole (imaginary) point that DEI wrongly takes the place of merit-based achievement? Basketball players are signed based on their athletic skills, thus a small Chinese lady probably wouldn’t be as good, thus the team is already rewarding based on merit, which is what the chuds want. Even if they’re attempting to be ironic, it doesn’t make sense because they’re arguing against their own point.

Right wingers are just the dumbest motherfuckers :psyduck:

The entire premise is completely wrong. The idea of diversity in hiring has nothing to do with purposefully hiring incompetent employees, it's about looking in new places to find people who can really contribute. Then, equity and inclusion simply means making sure people from different backgrounds are comfortable at work. That's all, it's literally completely harmless. But musk and his ilk are enraged by the idea of minorities getting jobs, or being happy and healthy once they have them. For obvious reasons.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Play posted:

Terrifying. There's tents... and people. Both of which have always made me piss my little shorts

You mark my words: in 2024, it won’t just be people voluntarily moving to the sanctuary districts, the government will start moving all the gimmies and dims there. I won’t be surprised if it reaches a crisis point and rioting begins this year.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Play posted:

The entire premise is completely wrong. The idea of diversity in hiring has nothing to do with purposefully hiring incompetent employees, it's about looking in new places to find people who can really contribute. Then, equity and inclusion simply means making sure people from different backgrounds are comfortable at work. That's all, it's literally completely harmless. But musk and his ilk are enraged by the idea of minorities getting jobs, or being happy and healthy once they have them. For obvious reasons.

It’s also a thing companies do for themselves, not out of any care about the wellbeing of minorities. Hiring managers are so lovely about things like discarding resumes with minority names or hiring people that are a “cultural fit” that they will hire less qualified non-minority candidates. The only way to effectively correct this is to measure and change behaviors above their heads, which is where DEI comes in. If the hiring managers were legitimately color/gender/sexuality/disability blind and hired only on merit, DEI never would have been a significant initiative.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

unironically this

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

dei has made it so that harmless, hardworking white men (who just want to support their white families) can't get jobs any more. that's why there are no more white people working anywhere in america, especially not in c suite positions :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Play posted:

Motherfucker that's a screenshot from an episode of Star Trek Deep Space 9.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

DEI is great. In my current job I have learned a fuckload about how to make software for people that don't think like I do, because we have an entire team of people from diverse backgrounds and different kinda of neurodiversity. Things that I never even considered because I'm a neurotypical, able-bodied guy. Can colourblind people use my software? Can dyslexics use it? Blind people? Deaf people? People that can't use a mouse and keyboard very well? People who have trouble processing information delivered in certain forms?

My job is slightly harder because I now have to think about these things. But it has made me smarter! I've been making software for well over a decade and this is the first time I've had to really stop and think about what I'm doing and how it might affect people.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

But have you considered that all of those people are undesirables and thus you working harder for no gain is bad? Next, you'll tell me that having non white people on staff is a good thing!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Quote-Unquote posted:

DEI is great. In my current job I have learned a fuckload about how to make software for people that don't think like I do, because we have an entire team of people from diverse backgrounds and different kinda of neurodiversity. Things that I never even considered because I'm a neurotypical, able-bodied guy. Can colourblind people use my software? Can dyslexics use it? Blind people? Deaf people? People that can't use a mouse and keyboard very well? People who have trouble processing information delivered in certain forms?

My job is slightly harder because I now have to think about these things. But it has made me smarter! I've been making software for well over a decade and this is the first time I've had to really stop and think about what I'm doing and how it might affect people.
Smells like WOKE to me

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Guy who thinks that tunnel digging scales to infinity thinks that there is a hard cap on how many houses can be built in the country at once.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How in the gently caress is 4% of the world’s population immigrating to the us

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Not expecting to get called out like this, in the Elon thread of all places

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CharlestheHammer posted:

How in the gently caress is 4% of the world’s population immigrating to the us

More than four percent of his own family immigrated to the U.S., so if you think about it, he’s being conservative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

You don't think the US is going to double in population?