Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Monathin posted:

I do hope that when we get the goty edition or whatever there's a prompt for "hey, dipshit, you're already concentrating on a spell, are you sure you want to cast this?" I know there are mods that basically do the same but they're kind of hacky solutions imo. I don't need an ability that disables spells when I'm concentrating I just need a prompt to remind me how loving stupid I'm about to be

I mean it's my job to remember and I'm being greedy with my incredible power so I just cop it. I never mess up cancelling bless or whatever, I'm just desperate for that lightning. I should probably just put the haste item on someone else so my sorcerer doesn't need to think (haha I'm totally going to twin it onto other characters and gently caress them up instead).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The mod I really want is "turn all gear outlines to purple/yellow" because some of the green pieces are still endgame worthy in Act 1 but I don't want my paper dolls to look like peasants.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I don't need a game to tell me how stupid I am, I post on the something awful forums

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I had found a mod that removes all rarity item borders off the bg3 nexus site, but looks like it's been deleted? Weird!!

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You guys are asking for more pop up’s when you don’t even read true ones we already have. Also the reaction window slows combat down so much.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I don't find it does but then again I'm not constantly glancing at a second screen to watch TV or whatever goons do when they play games

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
What is it about BG3 that inspires nerds to act so arrogant? I swear I've seen more people's intelligence insulted around this one specific game than I have anywhere else. Lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm not trying to be arrogant or insult people's intelligence, I just think our brains have been so melted by overstimulation that people can't just slow down and experience things. Like if you have reaction asks enabled it takes all of .2 seconds to click the button. And if that's too slow for you, then you can just set a particular reaction to not ask for confirmation!

God drat it's like some of you have never had to wait 20 minutes to download a picture of some titties on a 56k modem

e: I mean I know people who literally cannot play games or watch tv without constantly glancing at a phone or doing something else when whatever they are doing is "boring." Every TV IV thread will inevitably have someone complain about something not being explained or shown or whatever, and then of course it actually was, they were just too busy looking at their phone and live posting to notice.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 7, 2024

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

You don't need a pop up necessarily. Just some sort of (red/danger/whatever) visual indicator on concentration spells when you're already concentrating.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
When I’m DMing irl I make my players wear a funny hat if they’re concentrating so maybe funny hats on any character that’s concentrating

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FYI you can see when you’re concentrating on a spell by looking in the lower left of your hotbar, and can cancel them early so that your party doesn’t walk through Cloud of Daggers for ten minutes after combat ends.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe Baldur’s Gate thinks you’re sort of boring and wants to end you

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Black Noise posted:

You guys are asking for more pop up’s when you don’t even read true ones we already have. Also the reaction window slows combat down so much.

I turn most of the reactions off. If something hard is going down and I'm looking for answers I remember that I have a guaranteed pally crit available.

Professor Beetus posted:

I'm not trying to be arrogant or insult people's intelligence, I just think our brains have been so melted by overstimulation that people can't just slow down and experience things. Like if you have reaction asks enabled it takes all of .2 seconds to click the button. And if that's too slow for you, then you can just set a particular reaction to not ask for confirmation!

I just don't like the pop-up windows all the time in combat. It pauses the attack animations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

JBP posted:

Also the reason they stay invis is that they're passing Dex checks. I usually throw fire bombs at the area to tick a damage and reveal them.

If you are feeling cheesy, just ping the enemy from their portrait. It just shows you where the invisible enemy is.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How come mage armour doesn't work on Karlach? She's in non armour bits but it won't increase base armour class?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

It probably is working but it doesn’t stack with unarmored defense. You’re probably seeing the exact same number with 13 + dex vs 10 + dex + con

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

roomtone posted:

I have the multiclass to level 20 mod installed and I just realised, getting to level 12 on my main class, that if I try to level up again the game just completely crashes and closes cos level 13 doesn't exist. It's weird how locked in the levelling stuff is.

I guess now I have to just ignore the level up button for the remainder of the playthrough. But that's gonna be a bummer because I like levelling up and it makes a lot of the stuff I have left to do feel a bit more pointless. I guess this is what I get for installing Fast XP and wanting to go nuts at the end of the game with level 20 characters.

Kinda running out of steam on this game though. The city is just sort of boring, I don't like exploring it. I just want to end it.

The game is boring because you installed mods that completely ruin the progression. Cheers.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

JBP posted:

I turn most of the reactions off. If something hard is going down and I'm looking for answers I remember that I have a guaranteed pally crit available.

:hmmyes:

Same. I took Wizard 2 Divination and had the lucky feat. Lvl 1 shield is automatic. Portents are saved so I don’t waste this 1 on a mook.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

BurritoJustice posted:

Does this mean you can use oathbreaker paladin to get a pet gith inquisitor?

Yes! You can get any character that turns into a shadow undead, even the dryder. It's one of my favorite things about Oathbreaker. I usually have one of the Housing of Healing nurses with me, as I just think they are a cool sidekick, and they do a stun attack that is pretty good.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

AgentHaiTo posted:

Yes! You can get any character that turns into a shadow undead, even the dryder. It's one of my favorite things about Oathbreaker. I usually have one of the Housing of Healing nurses with me, as I just think they are a cool sidekick, and they do a stun attack that is pretty good.
Welcome to the club, bröther

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

roomtone posted:

I have the multiclass to level 20 mod installed and I just realised, getting to level 12 on my main class, that if I try to level up again the game just completely crashes and closes cos level 13 doesn't exist. It's weird how locked in the levelling stuff is.

I guess now I have to just ignore the level up button for the remainder of the playthrough. But that's gonna be a bummer because I like levelling up and it makes a lot of the stuff I have left to do feel a bit more pointless. I guess this is what I get for installing Fast XP and wanting to go nuts at the end of the game with level 20 characters.

Kinda running out of steam on this game though. The city is just sort of boring, I don't like exploring it. I just want to end it.

It's specifically a multiclass to level 20 mod, it can't take you to 13 because there is literally no game data for what that means. You're supposed to spread out your levels and only take a level 12 as the final level up (so like, you go Paladin 11/Fighter 4/Warlock 4 and then take Paladin 12 for the final 20 level up)You can roll back to whenever you were level 11 and spend all that experience on other classes now.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Leveling up past 12 sounds terrible. Just turn it on explorer

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

It probably is working but it doesn’t stack with unarmored defense. You’re probably seeing the exact same number with 13 + dex vs 10 + dex + con

Yeah that's apparently the case. It doesn't say that anywhere. Her defence is really bad even with the con boost compared to my wizards. Ah well she's a bag of HP with resistances I suppose.

Also I found the solution to the genie and my word that's a throwable item.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Yeah don’t bother looking at her AC. Boost her with aid and if you have it, heroes’ feast. If she is really getting beat up just get a cleric hireling and warding bond her then leave the cleric behind in your camp

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Barbarians also do fine with medium armor, it's only heavy armor that starts disabling things. There's enough great armor in the game you're usually better off wearing some.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

i'm doing a story playthrough ya nerds

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

When I’m DMing irl I make my players wear a funny hat if they’re concentrating so maybe funny hats on any character that’s concentrating

This is a really good idea.

Also, when I first read your post I didn't think of concentration in the BG3 or D&D context, I thought you made people wear funny hats whenever it looked like they were really paying attention to something.

"I'm sorry Dave, you're clearly distracted by the TV over there, give me the hat".

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

DeadlyMuffin posted:

This is a really good idea.

Also, when I first read your post I didn't think of concentration in the BG3 or D&D context, I thought you made people wear funny hats whenever it looked like they were really paying attention to something.

"I'm sorry Dave, you're clearly distracted by the TV over there, give me the hat".

Nah if everyone’s really distracted I take out my custom 30-50 living mage hands monster and slap them around for a whole session

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

roomtone posted:

why did you install a mod to give you more xp? The game is balanced around being level 12. I used a level unlocker mod and finished the game at level 16. I was 12 before hitting act 3, I think.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Went back to the first map to see about tying off some loose ends and make sure I've found everywhere and stumbled on some mercs who wanted to know what happened to their team and cargo, who I knew had been clowned on by Gnolls. I handed their cargo right over all nice and the cow tried to kill me for opening it. Ingrate! And now she's dead.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah don’t bother looking at her AC. Boost her with aid and if you have it, heroes’ feast. If she is really getting beat up just get a cleric hireling and warding bond her then leave the cleric behind in your camp

I moved her to berserker instead of wild magic which was fun but not really impactful enough. I felt like I only got four effects anyway (although switching them is cool). She's throwing a thunder trident with reverb gear on now it rules.

Snake Maze posted:

Barbarians also do fine with medium armor, it's only heavy armor that starts disabling things. There's enough great armor in the game you're usually better off wearing some.

Yeah but I had some clothes with a free mage armour and thought why not. I've put her in bonespike now. Will see what else comes my way in the big city!

If I throw the spear a couple of times it knocks people down (also the damage is gross it feels massively op).

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

I do hope that when we get the goty edition or whatever there's a prompt for "hey, dipshit, you're already concentrating on a spell, are you sure you want to cast this?" I know there are mods that basically do the same but they're kind of hacky solutions imo. I don't need an ability that disables spells when I'm concentrating I just need a prompt to remind me how loving stupid I'm about to be

Solasta, which had 1/100th the budget of BG3, warns the player when their caster is about to break Concentration. It's one of the blind spots this game has, along with the way traps are handled.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I would like a mod that drops at least some of the 5e loot from the books, or a loot randomizer. do those exist?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

roomtone posted:

skill issue

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Tonetta posted:

I would like a mod that drops at least some of the 5e loot from the books, or a loot randomizer. do those exist?

Gimme my +2 books :argh:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Something fun I figured out in the Mountain Pass on my current run, at Rosymorn Monastery, when you run into the drunken Kobolds that have raided the wine cellar, some of the Firewine barrels have Kobolds that have gotten trapped inside them drinking the wine. You can hear the glug glug glug sounds if you get close to them. I think I had seen that on a previous run, but what I hadn't realize before is you can pick up the barrels and send them back to camp and they will still have the Kobolds inside them. I haven't tested to see if they persist through a long rest yet. You can tell the Kobold barrels apart in your inventory because they weigh 10lbs instead of the usual 40lbs. (you'd think they would weigh more but apparently kobolds have negative weight). I can't wait have Karlach try flying a Kobold barrel in a fight.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Entropic posted:

Something fun I figured out in the Mountain Pass on my current run, at Rosymorn Monastery, when you run into the drunken Kobolds that have raided the wine cellar, some of the Firewine barrels have Kobolds that have gotten trapped inside them drinking the wine. You can hear the glug glug glug sounds if you get close to them. I think I had seen that on a previous run, but what I hadn't realize before is you can pick up the barrels and send them back to camp and they will still have the Kobolds inside them. I haven't tested to see if they persist through a long rest yet. You can tell the Kobold barrels apart in your inventory because they weigh 10lbs instead of the usual 40lbs. (you'd think they would weigh more but apparently kobolds have negative weight). I can't wait have Karlach try flying a Kobold barrel in a fight.

Probably because the kobold has drunk all the wine and kobolds weigh less than a full barrel of wine.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

MarshyMcFly posted:

Probably because the kobold has drunk all the wine and kobolds weigh less than a full barrel of wine.

I thought of that but if they're stuck in the barrel it's a closed system...

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Entropic posted:

My sister told me this happened to her because she was a compulsive barrel hoarder / barrel mancer. She learned about it only in Act 3, so yes they live indefinitely.

Act 3 Spoilers Ahead:
According to her, rather than disable the Steel Watchers, she decided to rig explosives all over Gortash’s castle. She had been hoarding explosives literally all game and killed a huge number of Steel Watchers. Then Gortash cast some kind of big rear end Concentration spell. From her telling of the combat - one of the last barrels to trigger had a drunken kobold pop out. It made a lazy swing at Gortash and somehow managed to break his concentration. 10/10 GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Entropic posted:

I thought of that but if they're stuck in the barrel it's a closed system...

What weighs more 30 lbs or wine or 30 lbs of piss