Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

My ex hated when I was taking photos of her

laserghost fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Following those comments, a fellow RAND scholar, Herman Kahn, told an assembled group of SAC officers, "Gentlemen, you don't have a war plan, you have a war orgasm!"[5]

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

A wargasm of sorts!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Gentlemen, you can't gently caress in here! This is the wargasm room!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This is often stated informally as "a pea can be chopped up and reassembled into the Sun" and called the "pea and the Sun paradox".

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
pea is stored in the ball

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

haveblue posted:

pea is stored in the ball

Balls are stored in the pea

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i see you're brushing up on deez nuts theory

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

The processor's heatsink is permanently attached, and the removable fan module is powered via spring-like metal prongs that connect to a trio of conductors on the surface of the chip. The clip that releases the fan is visible in the first photo, at the top left corner of the CPU. The central plastic "column" that leads from the center of the fan houses the fan wiring and leads down the side of the heatsink at this corner. The small plastic points at each top left of this column are the locking mechanism for the fan and are released by squeezing them. The opposite corner of the CPU has a latch that locks the fan around underneath the heatsink, by swinging into place upon assembly. The processor monitors the fan and will throttle back on clock speed to prevent overheating and damage if the fan is not operating. This is a predecessor to the internal temperature detection and protection in Intel's modern processors.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Due to Leo's uncanonical original election, it is now accepted that, at least until the deposition of Benedict V, he was almost certainly an antipope. The deposition of John XII was almost certainly invalid, as John did not acquiesce, so the election of Benedict V almost certainly was canonical. However, if Benedict did consent to his deposition as Liutprand of Cremona (who chronicled the events of this period) wrote, and if, as seems certain, no further protest was made against Leo's position, it has been the consensus of historians that he may be regarded as a true pope from July 964 to his death in 965.[15] The fact that no one else attempted to claim the papacy during this time and that the next pope to assume the name Leo was consecrated Leo IX also seems to indicate that he is a true pope.

whole lotta stuff seems to to be almost certain here

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/depthsofwiki/status/1742645465605140540

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

The hoax constituted one of the most important or defining events in the history of Mormon blogging.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivia

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
At the end of almost every episode, as the climax of events cause Eric's stress to reach breaking point, the throbbing vein emerges from his temple and wraps itself around his neck, strangling and apparently killing him. It is the only fantastical element in the grounded setting of the series.[2]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

A sharp break or silence is immediately followed by a loud burp, an extra 'supplemental' syllable."[2]

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quiet night at the Fresno Nightcrawler store

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Ooh arr" redirects here. Not to be confused with Ooh Ahh (disambiguation).

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I guessed wrong about what this was. Turns out I was thinking of:

(Redirected from Grr Argh)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Wurzels vs. Gina G in a battle to the death.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oreo C. Collins (born around 2007) is a tuxedo cat who gained notoriety when she received a diploma from Jefferson High School Online in 2009, although her age was misrepresented in order to qualify.[12]

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

this picture should be in the history textbooks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Bruce Le was a contract player for the Shaw Brothers, where he appeared in the science fiction opus Infra-Man.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
After there was a groundswell of support on reddit for the disaffected gamer, his "Ligma" tag was reinstated.[10]

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is one of those photos of dead children the Victorians loved taking so much isn't it?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This may, in part, be because "Infarto" contains the word "fart" and is therefore amusing to English-speakers.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
When in the lunch line, you can see a poster on the left saying "CHS Cares". CHS stands for Cleveland High School, where the video was filmed. It should say "BRA Cares", because that is the fictional school in the video.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Absolute, equal, (full) cognatic or lineal primogeniture is a form of primogeniture in which sex is irrelevant for inheritance; the oldest surviving child without regard to sex inherits the throne. Mathematically this is a depth-first search.

Sagebrush posted:

Honestly pretty surprised that Disney didn't get their senators to cram through a last minute copyright extension law. Maybe they realized that that don't make any money on steamboat willie
Republicans hate Disney now so a couple years ago they said they wouldn't do any further copyright extensions

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Mathematically this is a depth-first search.

rofl nice

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Heroic bloodshed films often end on a downbeat or tragic note with the main heroes either dead, arrested by the police, or severely incapacitated.

(tbh the entire article reads like tvtropes, including links to other tropes)

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Source http://www.historyforkids.org/learn/egypt/people/picture/slavebeating.jpg

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you know how in the usa we have paper sizes with names, like letter, legal, tabloid, etc?

well here are the paper sizes that france had before they switched to ISO A and B sizes in 1967:

code:

Cloche			30 × 40	
Pot, écolier		31 × 40	
Tellière		34 × 44	
Couronne écriture	36 × 46	
Couronne édition	37 × 47	
Roberto			39 × 50		
Écu			40 × 52	
Coquille		44 × 56	
Carré			45 × 56	
Cavalier		46 × 62	
Demi-raisin		32,5 × 50		
Raisin			50 × 65		
Double raisin		65 × 100	
Jésus			56 × 76	
Soleil			60 × 80	
Colombier affiche	60 × 80	
Colombier commercial	63 × 90	
Petit Aigle		70 × 94	
Grand Aigle		75 × 105	
Grand Monde		90 × 126	
Univers			100 × 130	
tag urself i'm Double Raisin

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m jesus

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

svp soumets tes devoirs sur un Roberto réduit de moitié

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
we should just go back to gutenberg era measurements like quarto and octavo and folio

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

They call me... [drifts back and forth while falling to the floor in the way that paper does] Roberto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

écu, brute?