Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Kurgarra Queen posted:

In seriousness, that would require them to ever not prioritize corporate interests(in this case, the freight companies that own most of the actual rail lines and prioritize themselves over passenger cars even though [IIRC] they're not supposed to) and invest in rail infrastructure and better trains. Oh, and a bureaucracy we don't periodically gut like a fish.

I'm not a train nerd but I briefly wondered how if one of these mega-billionaires was and instead of building his own space rockets, he bought like CSX or something and tried to make them good

Then I realized this is pretty much step one to how people have a framed photo of Steve Jobs or pay 8 bucks a month for a blue check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Warren Buffett owns BNSF. Not sure he's trying to make them good though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Warren Buffett owns BNSF. Not sure he's trying to make them good though.

Coming from someone in logistics that has to deal with BNSF regularly….he is not

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

John Oliver did a whole episode on how bad the train infrastructure is here a couple of weeks ago. Would you believe that consolidation and an emphasis on “efficiency” has turned the rail companies into a train wreck? :monocle:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Central Transport was always my least favorite carrier to deal with when I used to do shipping.

Freaquency posted:

John Oliver did a whole episode on how bad the train infrastructure is here a couple of weeks ago. Would you believe that consolidation and an emphasis on “efficiency” has turned the rail companies into a train wreck? :monocle:

I watched this. Staffing has been cut so drastically that if you called in sick you could lose your job because there'd be no one to cover the gap. Safety inspection times went from ten minutes to less then a minute, with predictable results.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 6, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wasn't sure which thread to post this in and I bet 90% of you won't care about this at all but Chiefs superfans are somethin.

this isn't about Chiefsaholic, but rather broke brain superfan "X-Factor" the guy in the infamous picture with the disgusting bedroom in him mom's house that I won't link for sanity reasons.

This guy got banned from Arrowhead after getting in a fight and hilariously released on the street to walk home and is now claiming the players are rallying together to get him access again because he's responsible for "whipping up the crowd" to set the Guiness record for crowd noise and other insane meth brain things.

Watch if you can stomach a slow moving train wreck like livestreaming getting arrested smoking weed in the parking lot of the program he was kicked out of with his dick out listening to Rock Me Amadeus

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1r3JXSLfmn/

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’m not saying he’s right but *looks at Chiefs’ record* I ain’t saying he’s wrong either

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GD_American posted:

I'm not a train nerd but I briefly wondered how if one of these mega-billionaires was and instead of building his own space rockets, he bought like CSX or something and tried to make them good

Then I realized this is pretty much step one to how people have a framed photo of Steve Jobs or pay 8 bucks a month for a blue check.

I genuinely believe it's impossible to become a billionaire and continue to be a decent human being, like the steps an individual has to take to get to that point requires doing some deeply immoral things. So I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I fell ice skating 9 days ago, chest has been bothering me a bit so after prompting from a friend and my dad I went to urgent care. I expected a 20 minute appointment where I am told to rest some, had x-rays and I am now draining an IV bag to go get a CT scan. I have 3 broken ribs and based on where they broke they want to make sure my liver is ok. This is much more involved than I anticipated.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Air Skwirl posted:

I genuinely believe it's impossible to become a billionaire and continue to be a decent human being, like the steps an individual has to take to get to that point requires doing some deeply immoral things. So I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

Cuban seems to be in the news for good stuff at least. Saw in the news today he has contributed towards Cheap insulin + huge bonuses for all his maverick staff after selling the team, I guess. But you’re likely correct way more often than not

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pain of Mind posted:

I fell ice skating 9 days ago, chest has been bothering me a bit so after prompting from a friend and my dad I went to urgent care. I expected a 20 minute appointment where I am told to rest some, had x-rays and I am now draining an IV bag to go get a CT scan. I have 3 broken ribs and based on where they broke they want to make sure my liver is ok. This is much more involved than I anticipated.

drat dude. Sounds like you might have died.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bird in a Blender posted:

drat dude. Sounds like you might have died.

That's what he gets for doing something aside from walking a straight line and even than that's dicey

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Pain of Ribs

Hope you heal soon!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/KeeleyFox29/status/1743731418734170419?s=20

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I know we haven't done TFF game night in quite a while, but if anyone's interested, it looks like someone set up a Jackbox game for this evening (7 PM CST) in GBS:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051096

Looks like pretty much same setup where the host will stream in Discord. I don't know this poster or vouch for them, but I wouldn't imagine they're more problematic than me.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
But can they draw Boobs Bart

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

But can they draw Boobs Bart

No, Boobs Bart is TFF intellectual property until he enters the public domain in 2105.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

poo poo i have covid again

my roommate is going to fuckin murder me

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

how bad did you fall?

Did you pull a Derulo?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

FizFashizzle posted:

how bad did you fall?

Did you pull a Derulo?

That is what is weird about it, it was the lightest fall you could image, I was going like 3 mph and did not get a single bruise anywhere that hit the ice. I was skating with my 7 year old and was holding her hand, she started to fall and then my skate snagged on a gouge in the ice so I started to fall, I tried to keep her up with one hand and then fell awkwardly on my other arm where my elbow effectively punched a hole in my ribs using my (average) body weight. It did not even bother me much at the time, I kept skating another 30 minutes after until it was time to go.

Anyway, trip report after 4 hours of urgent care, x-rays, a CT scan, and likely a $2000 bill is that my course of action is the same is if I never went in, just take advil or whatever and it should get better in 6-8 weeks. I guess at least I do not need surgery, but I could have just stayed home.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

So I signed paperwork on a new GV70 with 19 miles on it, and flew up to Norman, OK to pick it up.

It somehow now has 987 miles.

I hope Bama breaks their foot off in Venables' rear end next year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pain of Mind posted:

That is what is weird about it, it was the lightest fall you could image, I was going like 3 mph and did not get a single bruise anywhere that hit the ice. I was skating with my 7 year old and was holding her hand, she started to fall and then my skate snagged on a gouge in the ice so I started to fall, I tried to keep her up with one hand and then fell awkwardly on my other arm where my elbow effectively punched a hole in my ribs using my (average) body weight. It did not even bother me much at the time, I kept skating another 30 minutes after until it was time to go.

Anyway, trip report after 4 hours of urgent care, x-rays, a CT scan, and likely a $2000 bill is that my course of action is the same is if I never went in, just take advil or whatever and it should get better in 6-8 weeks. I guess at least I do not need surgery, but I could have just stayed home.

Yeah, my dad had a bad shoulder break trying to keep me from falling down at about that age at a roller skating rink. My mom was like "you should have just let him (me) fall, he's still mostly cartilage at that age."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Rewatching The Wire for the first time in over 10 years, forgot how good this show is

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Intruder posted:

Rewatching The Wire for the first time in over 10 years, forgot how good this show is

Did the same late last year. As much as the line between cinema and TV has blended over the past 20 years, it’s good to be reminded how good just plain old TV-rear end TV can be.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Same but Band of Brothers. Lone flaw is Jimmy Fallon

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pron on VHS posted:

Same but Band of Brothers. Lone flaw is Jimmy Fallon

Band of Brothers is great for a lot of "Oh yeah, that guy is in it for a minute" moments, including Tom Hardy's rear end, but the Fallon one will always be the most hilarious.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Look, I'm just saying that I know there are at least two small-dicked dudes who have dreamed of jumping in the Bass Pro Shops aquarium, so maybe we should be less judgey

e- wrong thread but gently caress it, I said what I said and I believe what I said

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Missed drive chat, but the longest drive I've done "on my own" was the western Chicago burbs to Philly when my wife and I first moved here. 12 hours with only a couple of quick stops, back half was through uncharted (for us) territory in PA in pitch dark and driving rain. And with my wife driving our car by herself while I had the van, she hated that.

That really sucks and all, but I run over there every so often and I have zero memory of a gate in front of Xfinity Live. Certainly not one big enough to impale yourself!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

fartknocker posted:

Band of Brothers is great for a lot of "Oh yeah, that guy is in it for a minute" moments, including Tom Hardy's rear end, but the Fallon one will always be the most hilarious.

Such a tremendous show. Fallon driving up in that jeep is the only moment in the whole series that lacks total immersion. My grandad and his buddies are about to march into the forest of the damned when that dip poo poo that can't keep a straight face on SNL rolls up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I always forget michael fassbender is in it too, til I see him in the early episodes when he's the one who drinks from his canteen on the march.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Lmao a disabled freight train north of Salem sent my train back to Portland so now I'm sitting in a bar waiting for my brother to pick me up in Oregon City per his request. Next time I'm gonna set up a trip to Oregon Zoo.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I like how the actors who play Malarkey and Guarnere both show up in Justified

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Of you want a whose who of "hey, its that guy" you should watch Oz. You can also see their dongs if that interests you.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

BlindSite posted:

I always forget michael fassbender is in it too, til I see him in the early episodes when he's the one who drinks from his canteen on the march.

James McAvoy too. Gets got as one of the new guys.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Lmao a disabled freight train north of Salem sent my train back to Portland so now I'm sitting in a bar waiting for my brother to pick me up in Oregon City per his request. Next time I'm gonna set up a trip to Oregon Zoo.

The Oregon Zoo is fun. I've seen "Weird" Al Yankovic perform there several times.

Oregon City is… fine. Canard has a location there and last time I visited I had the steamed hamburgers.

Yes, they are inspired by fellow Portlander Bill Oakley.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pron on VHS posted:

I like how the actors who play Malarkey and Guarnere both show up in Justified

And the actor who plays Malarkey is also the voice of Steve Smith on American Dad, which I didn’t realize until like 4 or 5 years ago.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

James McAvoy too. Gets got as one of the new guys.

Simon Pegg is one of the NCOs in the first episode who goes down in one of the C-47s on D-Day.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hey A Sexual Elk, thought of you today at Disney

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Goin for gold!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Pain of Mind posted:

StupidSexyMothman posted:

poo poo i have covid again

my roommate is going to fuckin murder me

Goddamn that sucks rear end for both of you. Get well soon and hope neither gets worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Day 4 of Covid here. Still just the wife and I. All the kids are still clean. I hope it stays that way.